Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mobil 1 ? (Extended Performance?)

Go down 
+4
chargerchick
jontoad
ghost
Mad Hatter
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Mad Hatter
CAMM Member
Mad Hatter

Mobil 1 ? (Extended Performance?) Empty
PostSubject: Mobil 1 ? (Extended Performance?)   Mobil 1 ? (Extended Performance?) I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2009, 3:43 pm

I picked up a good deal on an Oil change special w filters & had the option to get the Extended Performance Grade. Anyone here use it?

We know the SRT-8s come off the line with Mobil1 & lot of members stay true to it! But what's the real difference between them. I see that the EP is stated good for 15k. I'm planning on going Synt on my next change which may not be til da fall & then I store my car over ther winter.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: Mobil 1 ? (Extended Performance?)   Mobil 1 ? (Extended Performance?) I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2009, 6:50 pm

i only put the purple stuff in my car.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Mobil 1 ? (Extended Performance?)   Mobil 1 ? (Extended Performance?) I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2009, 7:57 pm

i stay away from Mobil 1. it was reforumlated last year and is not what it once was. now its a class 3 oil like dino oil for a class 4 price. royal purple is all i use. european blend castrol and valvoline durablend synthetic are suposed to be pretty good too.
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: Mobil 1 ? (Extended Performance?)   Mobil 1 ? (Extended Performance?) I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2009, 9:08 pm

ghost wrote:
i only put the purple stuff in my car.

What do you know? So do I! Oh wait. Yer talking about oil. Smile
Back to top Go down
Hoodie
CAMM Pro
Hoodie

PostSubject: Re: Mobil 1 ? (Extended Performance?)   Mobil 1 ? (Extended Performance?) I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2009, 9:12 pm

I'm thinking of switching to the purple stuff myself..
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mobil 1 ? (Extended Performance?)   Mobil 1 ? (Extended Performance?) I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2009, 9:48 pm

I've seen the insides of a lot of motors and I can tell you this.. Royal Purple will stain your internals brown over time. Only other high end oil that was worse was Amsoil, which didn't brown, but seemed to leave thick spots of the oil on everything.

Worst I've ever seen was conventional oil at 80k. Not only were the internals dark brown, but the plastic timing chain tensioner snapped and a rocker shaft cracked. Motor looked cooked...

The cleanest internals I've seen ran Mobil 1.. 10k or 80k miles.... That's why I switched to Mobile 1 and why I use it. Currently running 15w50, which helps keep the motor sounding quieter. I change my oil every three months, regardless of miles.
Back to top Go down
Mad Hatter
CAMM Member
Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: Mobil 1 ? (Extended Performance?)   Mobil 1 ? (Extended Performance?) I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2009, 9:54 pm

RP is a lil hard to find in our weight around me. I got the Mobil1 for a pretty good deal! Of course I have someone on the other site trying to pursuade me on their stuff.
Back to top Go down
Hoodie
CAMM Pro
Hoodie

PostSubject: Re: Mobil 1 ? (Extended Performance?)   Mobil 1 ? (Extended Performance?) I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2009, 10:01 pm

I've definitely heard good things about mobil 1.. I'm not even sure what the dealership uses.. I've got 3 more free oil changes from them though..
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Mobil 1 ? (Extended Performance?)   Mobil 1 ? (Extended Performance?) I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2009, 10:11 pm

I have always used mobil 1
Back to top Go down
Dalegit1
CAMM Pro
Dalegit1

PostSubject: Re: Mobil 1 ? (Extended Performance?)   Mobil 1 ? (Extended Performance?) I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2009, 4:46 pm

On the daily what I see most often purchased is the Mobil 1. Royal Purple just seem to sit on our shelf. I do have patrons who buy it, just not that often.

FYI**Usually every other month we offer the Mobil 1 oil change special for $29.99. This includes 5 quarts of Mobil 1 oil(any weight) and a Mobil 1 oil filter.
Back to top Go down
Mad Hatter
CAMM Member
Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: Mobil 1 ? (Extended Performance?)   Mobil 1 ? (Extended Performance?) I_icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2009, 8:44 pm

Renee, I wanted the Mobil 1 Extended Performance, but it wasn't available in 5w20. I know Wal mart carries it tho.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mobil 1 ? (Extended Performance?)   Mobil 1 ? (Extended Performance?) I_icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2009, 8:48 pm

Hoodie wrote:
I've definitely heard good things about mobil 1.. I'm not even sure what the dealership uses.. I've got 3 more free oil changes from them though..
If that 'free' oil change includes conventional oil, then it's not free.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mobil 1 ? (Extended Performance?)   Mobil 1 ? (Extended Performance?) I_icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2009, 8:49 pm

Dalegit1 wrote:
On the daily what I see most often purchased is the Mobil 1. Royal Purple just seem to sit on our shelf. I do have patrons who buy it, just not that often.

FYI**Usually every other month we offer the Mobil 1 oil change special for $29.99. This includes 5 quarts of Mobil 1 oil(any weight) and a Mobil 1 oil filter.
Where is it that you work?
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Mobil 1 ? (Extended Performance?)   Mobil 1 ? (Extended Performance?) I_icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2009, 6:31 am

elcobra44 wrote:
Dalegit1 wrote:

X2...........
Back to top Go down
Hoodie
CAMM Pro
Hoodie

PostSubject: Re: Mobil 1 ? (Extended Performance?)   Mobil 1 ? (Extended Performance?) I_icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2009, 7:58 pm

elcobra44 wrote:
Hoodie wrote:
If that 'free' oil change includes conventional oil, then it's not free.

What exactly do you mean by that? Because of what it's doing to my internals?
Back to top Go down
Dalegit1
CAMM Pro
Dalegit1

PostSubject: Re: Mobil 1 ? (Extended Performance?)   Mobil 1 ? (Extended Performance?) I_icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2009, 10:27 am

elcobra44 wrote:
Dalegit1 wrote:

I am a Manager at Advance Auto Parts ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mobil 1 ? (Extended Performance?)   Mobil 1 ? (Extended Performance?) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mobil 1 ? (Extended Performance?)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Engine & Trans Performance-
Jump to: