Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My old '69 Firebird

Go down 
+7
Iguanaman
xegitalian19xx
ChiTownHemi
AR-15QUEEN
AlterEgo
jontoad
liljoejoe54
11 posters
AuthorMessage
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

My old '69 Firebird Empty
PostSubject: My old '69 Firebird   My old '69 Firebird I_icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2009, 9:46 pm

I miss this damn thing. I bought it when I was 18 off of my Dad's buddy and me and my Dad restored it. It took over a year and cost me about $15k when all was said and done. The guy I bought it from originally had it setup for drag racing. it had 4.56 gears out back and a fuel cell in the trunk. I took both out during the restoration process. Changed the rear from 4.56 to 3.73 so I can drive it on the street at cruising speeds without red lining the damn thing, lol. The trans was a Muncie 4 speed and the engine was a 400 out of a '67 GTO. I had the block and heads rebuilt and then I dropped a Comp Cam in it with .550 lift and im pretty sure if I remember correctly it had the duration was 244. It had an Edlebrock Torker II intake with a Barry Grant 850 CFM Demon Carb. Harland Sharp 1.65 roller rockers. MSD distributor, ignition coil and ignition box. Comp Cams double rolling timing chain and an ATI Harmonic balance with March Performance Pulleys. I had ceramic coated long tube hooker headers with dual flowmasters. Custom dash with a switch panel to start it as well as control the choke, fans, and fuel pump. I put all new chrome all around and even added the vinyl top. This thing was my baby for 2 years but i had to sell it cuz I needed money and also I didnt have anywhere to store it as it was taking up most of our garage at the time. So I put it on ebay and a guy from Pakistan contacted me and bought it. He had his cousin from Roselle come and look at it and take it for a test drive. I had to kick him out of the drivers seat after 2 blocks cuz he didnt know how to drive stick and almost blew up the friggin engine. His cousin paid me for the car and he towed it to his house in the burbs where he then setup to have it shipped to Pakistan. I talked to the guy who bought it from me every now and then when he had questions about it but I have lost contact. I just emailed him today to see if he can send me pictures of it out there so I can check up on my baby. Here are a few pics of it....

My old '69 Firebird DSCN0320-1
My old '69 Firebird DSCN0319
My old '69 Firebird DSCF0014-1
My old '69 Firebird DSCF0009
My old '69 Firebird DSCF0001
My old '69 Firebird 4-1
My old '69 Firebird DSCF0019
My old '69 Firebird DSCF0021
My old '69 Firebird DSCF0024
My old '69 Firebird DSCF0025
My old '69 Firebird DemonCarb

The cooling fan in the pic I removed cuz it didnt do shit to cool the engine down. I dont have pics of the new fan setup I put in it but it was a dual fan setup from BeCool. Cost me $400 and worked great.

Last edited by liljoejoe54 on October 22nd 2009, 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: My old '69 Firebird   My old '69 Firebird I_icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2009, 9:46 pm

Here are some pics of how it looked when I got it and some restoration pics....

Being delivered to my house....
My old '69 Firebird FrontEnd

Yes those are pizza cutters on the front....
My old '69 Firebird RIghtfender

My old '69 Firebird Rightquarterpanel
My old '69 Firebird TheRear2
My old '69 Firebird Frontend2

Stored in my yard for winter (covered it up of course)...
My old '69 Firebird Driversside3

It wouldof been awesome to keep the original 6 pack setup but the guy didnt want to let it go with the car...
My old '69 Firebird 400with3dueces

My old '69 Firebird 08
My old '69 Firebird 07
My old '69 Firebird DSCF0013-1
My old '69 Firebird DSCF0014-2
My old '69 Firebird DSCF0015
My old '69 Firebird DSCF0011
My old '69 Firebird 5
My old '69 Firebird DSCF0041-1
My old '69 Firebird Hood

Last edited by liljoejoe54 on October 22nd 2009, 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: My old '69 Firebird   My old '69 Firebird I_icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2009, 9:50 pm

damn. that sucks that you had to sell it. that was a beauty.
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: My old '69 Firebird   My old '69 Firebird I_icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2009, 9:53 pm

That car totally fits you Joey. One of my favorite older cars.
Back to top Go down
AR-15QUEEN
CAMM All-Star
AR-15QUEEN

PostSubject: Re: My old '69 Firebird   My old '69 Firebird I_icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2009, 9:55 pm

AlterEgo wrote:
That car totally fits you Joey. One of my favorite older cars.

I can just picture him driving and yelling (in his Chicago accent) at people that get in his way!!! bat
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: My old '69 Firebird   My old '69 Firebird I_icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2009, 9:56 pm

Thanks! It was my very first love, lol. I actually had a tear in my eye when I watched it go away on the flatbed when I sold it.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: My old '69 Firebird   My old '69 Firebird I_icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2009, 9:56 pm

It was a beast too. I used to put it sideways on streets right off the line, lol.
Back to top Go down
ChiTownHemi
CAMM All-Star
ChiTownHemi

PostSubject: Re: My old '69 Firebird   My old '69 Firebird I_icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2009, 9:59 pm

I can certainly see why you miss it. Damn nice looking poncho. I hope you're able to track the guy down.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: My old '69 Firebird   My old '69 Firebird I_icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2009, 10:01 pm

ChiTownHemi wrote:
I can certainly see why you miss it. Damn nice looking poncho. I hope you're able to track the guy down.

Thanks. We used to email all the time and he was supposed to take pics for me but it got damaged in the shipping container (door and front bumper) so he wanted to wait till after it was fixed.
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

PostSubject: Re: My old '69 Firebird   My old '69 Firebird I_icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2009, 11:16 pm

Nice ride man...I hope one day you can buy another one and do it all over again !!!
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: My old '69 Firebird   My old '69 Firebird I_icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2009, 12:11 am

That was a great one, Joey! One of my favorite old school muscle models.
Back to top Go down
Trophy Girl
CAMM Member
Trophy Girl

PostSubject: Re: My old '69 Firebird   My old '69 Firebird I_icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2009, 2:10 am

Drool Drool Drool Ohh... Joey. I had no idea you were so carring with your cars. LOOk at that body.. Look at that engine i could lick it and my tongue would not have one speck of dirt on it. I am so impressed! I cant stop starring at it. It does fit you . I would of lay on top of it ... for the picture that is lol
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: My old '69 Firebird   My old '69 Firebird I_icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2009, 6:37 am

Very nice Joey.

scratch
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: My old '69 Firebird   My old '69 Firebird I_icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2009, 7:23 am

Sweet ride Joey, I dont know how you parted with it.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: My old '69 Firebird   My old '69 Firebird I_icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2009, 7:24 am

Trophy Girl wrote:
Drool Drool Drool Ohh... Joey. I had no idea you were so carring with your cars. LOOk at that body.. Look at that engine i could lick it and my tongue would not have one speck of dirt on it. I am so impressed! I cant stop starring at it. It does fit you . I would of lay on top of it ... for the picture that is lol

lol
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: My old '69 Firebird   My old '69 Firebird I_icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2009, 10:24 am

Thanks everyone!

Shawn1112 wrote:
Sweet ride Joey, I dont know how you parted with it.

I dont know either bro. Thats when I bought my new '05 Galant GTS. My car payment was $450 a month and I was only making $700 a month and needed money bad. I regret selling it now but at the time I had to. The next car I get is gonna be a 1969 Camaro. Thats my favorite car of all time. It will be mine, oh yes it will be mine.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: My old '69 Firebird   My old '69 Firebird I_icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2009, 10:25 am

Trophy Girl wrote:

Did you just cum?
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: My old '69 Firebird   My old '69 Firebird I_icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2009, 10:35 am

Well I just heard back from the guy who bought it from me. Its still with him in Pakistan and he drives it around once in a while but the poor thing is overheating after he drives it for about 15 miles. Everything was brand new when I sold it and it never overheated on me when I put the new fan setup on it even in the middle of summer when I was stuck in traffic with it. I dont think he is turning on the electric fans at all. I gave him pictures and instructions when i gave the car up showing how to start it and turn the fans and everything on. Im hoping he is going to send me pictures soon.
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

PostSubject: Re: My old '69 Firebird   My old '69 Firebird I_icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2009, 10:40 am

^^^Sounds like you might not want to see what it looks like now bro....
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: My old '69 Firebird   My old '69 Firebird I_icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2009, 2:27 pm

xegitalian19xx wrote:
^^^Sounds like you might not want to see what it looks like now bro....

Yeah no lie. It sounds like he doesnt take very good care of it. Im still curious to see what it looks like though even if its gonna be hard to look at.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My old '69 Firebird   My old '69 Firebird I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My old '69 Firebird
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Car Show :: Photo and Video Sharing-
Jump to: