Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What color should i use?!

Go down 
+4
AlterEgo
Mad Hatter
chargerchick
firestartr420
8 posters
AuthorMessage
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

What color should i use?! Empty
PostSubject: What color should i use?!   What color should i use?! I_icon_minitimeOctober 11th 2009, 12:51 pm

So i'm thinking of painting the 3.5 V6 on my intake but i'm looking for some advice on what color i should go with... as it stands right now.. Im debating between Blue or Silver, but im still partially open to other colors. Eventually, ill be changing my interior lights to blue, and i currently have an 8000K HID kit, so blue and black is kinda the color combo i like. However, i have aluminium and chrome trim inside the car, so thats where i get my silver/chrome color idea from. Im just not sure which would look better, once i eventually get my MOPAR CAI (the polished chrome) with hopefully a blue filter.... so either color would work pretty well in my mind, but i do like to take suggestions before i commit to anything...
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: What color should i use?!   What color should i use?! I_icon_minitimeOctober 11th 2009, 1:15 pm

How about posting a pic of your engine bay as it looks now....might give us a better idea what color to go with. I'm thinking since you are getting blue lights and are going to paint the CAI blue....I'm gonna go with blue. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mad Hatter
CAMM Member
Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: What color should i use?!   What color should i use?! I_icon_minitimeOctober 11th 2009, 4:54 pm

Go with BLUE! It seems that would end up being your high light color. Keep the combo going with both, silver with blue accents.
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: What color should i use?!   What color should i use?! I_icon_minitimeOctober 11th 2009, 7:45 pm

I think I would go with Blue but pics would be nice....for us visual people Smile
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: What color should i use?!   What color should i use?! I_icon_minitimeOctober 11th 2009, 7:47 pm

Orange with pink pokadots. Or blue even Razz
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: What color should i use?!   What color should i use?! I_icon_minitimeOctober 11th 2009, 10:57 pm

Ill get some pictures posted asap for you visual folks... perhaps a silver lettering with blue outline or vice versa.... ill get some pictures tomorrow when the light is good...
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: What color should i use?!   What color should i use?! I_icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2009, 3:18 am

It's just easier to make a decision when we have pics. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: What color should i use?!   What color should i use?! I_icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2009, 3:41 pm

I did mine in silver, and I like it.... here's a pic for reference.....

What color should i use?! Strutcovers3

What color should i use?! Strutcovers
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: What color should i use?!   What color should i use?! I_icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2009, 3:52 pm

That looks very nice! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: What color should i use?!   What color should i use?! I_icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2009, 6:01 pm

firestartr420 wrote:
Ill get some pictures posted asap for you visual folks... perhaps a silver lettering with blue outline or vice versa.... ill get some pictures tomorrow when the light is good...
I like this idea
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: What color should i use?!   What color should i use?! I_icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2009, 7:50 pm

How about doing silver with a blue overlay. Use the blue to accent. That would be awesome!
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: What color should i use?!   What color should i use?! I_icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2009, 7:58 pm

Ooooh, now that might look real good! Smile
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: What color should i use?!   What color should i use?! I_icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2009, 4:55 pm

i just had a great idea.. and hopefully i can figure it out.... im thinking perhaps doing a silver undercoat, but getting a clear to paint over the silver, to get the shiny of the silver through the blue... my next problem would be probably getting the clear blue....
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: What color should i use?!   What color should i use?! I_icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2009, 5:03 pm

oh... btw.... i posted some pictures of my current engine bay in my member gallery tread for those who like that visual stimulation..... but forgive the unsightly uncleanlyness of my engine.... i need to get on that asap...
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: What color should i use?!   What color should i use?! I_icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2009, 5:51 pm

You could do the silver base coat, then use this to achive that "anodized" look.....

What color should i use?! Anodize
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: What color should i use?!   What color should i use?! I_icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2009, 5:57 pm

now that idea rocks.... thanks MoparCharger
Back to top Go down
Mad Hatter
CAMM Member
Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: What color should i use?!   What color should i use?! I_icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2009, 8:20 pm

Yes Blue would knock that out! It's already nice & clean.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What color should i use?!   What color should i use?! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What color should i use?!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Engine Bay Aesthetics-
Jump to: