Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Illinois Tint Law Update

Go down 
+33
Illinois Chaos
josph26
Sublime378
dakotabluert98
AlterEgo
hemiflex
Iguanaman
crazy933
ken_quick
AR-15QUEEN
DCSpecial
irishrt5.7
Dartboy
HemiMag
Motor
Solow 300
sak9880
WideSpicy
eviltrycycle
Headtripp
TheDarkKnight
Dalegit1
chargerchick
hipo
Shawn1112
liljoejoe54
xegitalian19xx
firestartr420
ghost
Admin
ChiTownHemi
HiPwr
Mad Hatter
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2009, 8:02 pm

What is the factory tint on the magnums???
Back to top Go down
DCSpecial
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2009, 9:23 pm

Damn, I was hoping I could go to 35% on the fronts....I have 50% now. The 50% does help out though.

My rear glass is factory with a 5% layer and then a 20% layer over that.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2009, 12:49 am

ghost wrote:
HemiMag24s wrote:
Shawn1112 wrote:
HemiMag24s wrote:
Just making sure lol...Sucks wish mine didnt come factory '' smoked ''...I have no choice but to put 50% which I don't mind because of my dark interior...REally 50% in front doesn't look that bad in daylight

here's my old STi with 50% front and 35%rear.....(my interior was blue/black)

Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 4 Hemimag24s-albums-my+jet+black+suede+interior+n+custom+sub+box-picture5132-my-old-baby
i'm glad you got rid of that little girly car!!!!!

hahha you kidding me...This girly car was running 12.8@105mph stock at 260awhp....This car got balls...Once I brought it to 310AWHP I was running low 12.3@110mph+
last time at the track i beat a blue one and a white one. with that said i do like the wrx/sti!
Not me bro, I hate those fucking cars! I dont care how fast they go and if they can kick my ass on the track. Those cars are just gay imo. They remind me of fucking go-carts with a 4 cylinder turbo!!
The hood looks like you can fucking snorklel with it.
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2009, 8:22 am

LOL that is to damn funny...
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2009, 10:09 am

well that was my baby.To each is own I guess...Anyways I do still love n am proud of my Magnum too...
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2009, 10:10 am

irishrt5.7 wrote:
What is the factory tint on the magnums???

If I'm not mistaken they are 35% factory smoked.So we have no choice but to get 50% in front...I sure as hell don't want to get a misdemeanor.......
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2009, 10:19 am

yeah me neither...
Back to top Go down
AR-15QUEEN
CAMM All-Star
AR-15QUEEN

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2009, 10:26 am

I have no idea what the tint % is on my car or truck! I bought them both already tinted!
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2009, 10:27 am

I think 50% will look good on Mag's anyways.
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2009, 10:54 am

yeah i am still just nervous... i know i will end up getting a ticket for some stupid shit plus it just gives them more of a reason to pull me over for any and everything like no front plate or exhaust or something else stupid...
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2009, 11:00 am

yea thats true!!!I'm running my front plate so I really won't have to worry about it but I think I'm going to give it time and then maybe by spring I'll throw some tints
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2009, 2:08 pm

HemiMag24s wrote:
well that was my baby.To each is own I guess...Anyways I do still love n am proud of my Magnum too...
I'm proud of your Maggie also, great upgrade imo!
Back to top Go down
Motor
CAMM Pro
Motor

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2009, 4:24 pm

got 50% yesterday...lmao...even with my limo over stock in the rear its still light, barely can tell. ohh well
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2009, 12:05 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
HemiMag24s wrote:
I'm proud of your Maggie also, great upgrade imo!

thanks bro!!!It sure was an great upgrade n I don't look back...Not only did I get a better car but I found great friends here in CAMM!!!
Back to top Go down
ken_quick
CAMM Member
ken_quick

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2009, 3:34 pm

why doesn't anybody get an application for WT plates, go to your doctor have him fill out the form send it into the state and then they can't do shit to you. with WT plates you can even have your windshield tinted if tou want to...not that anybody would want to do that. i have my WT plate application, going to the doc soon..going to say that the sun is messing with my vision and the state requires my doctor to fill out this form so that i can get my windows tinted to be safer on the road....hopfully this will work out for me. i'll let you guys know.
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2009, 3:54 pm

yeah let us know what happens and what is said...
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2009, 4:52 pm

ken_quick wrote:
why doesn't anybody get an application for WT plates, go to your doctor have him fill out the form send it into the state and then they can't do shit to you. with WT plates you can even have your windshield tinted if tou want to...not that anybody would want to do that. i have my WT plate application, going to the doc soon..going to say that the sun is messing with my vision and the state requires my doctor to fill out this form so that i can get my windows tinted to be safer on the road....hopfully this will work out for me. i'll let you guys know.

Good luck because this is way to hard to get.I have tried this and they required extensive test showing the reason why...
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2009, 5:16 pm

It's a special plate, or some certificate you carry in your car, or what?
Back to top Go down
Solow 300
CAMM Member
Solow 300

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2009, 6:09 pm

ken_quick wrote:

Doesn't work always my friend has WT plates and now the state doesn't want to renew them he has glacoma and a skin condition from the sun and the state says that's not good enough anymore.He's trying to fight it cause he has all his car tinted.
Back to top Go down
Solow 300
CAMM Member
Solow 300

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2009, 6:11 pm

HiPwr wrote:
It's a special plate, or some certificate you carry in your car, or what?

it's a special plate looks just like the regular illinois plates except the letters and number are black and it ends with WT(Window Tint)
Back to top Go down
Solow 300
CAMM Member
Solow 300

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2009, 6:12 pm

so did this law finally pass cause I want to go get my fronts done asap
Back to top Go down
Motor
CAMM Pro
Motor

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeNovember 2nd 2009, 8:52 am

you won't get WT plates unless you can REALLY back it up. Ekaz on lxf had some massive eye surgeries and is going in for another one and still didnt get them.
Back to top Go down
Solow 300
CAMM Member
Solow 300

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeNovember 2nd 2009, 6:53 pm

Ok i'm probably going to get my fronts done this week and I was talk to a friend that just got his camry tinted all the way around with limo in the back and what he said was 35% in the front.But it was light enough that I could see through it he said 35% is lighter than 50% I thought the lower the number the darker the tint.
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeNovember 2nd 2009, 6:55 pm

Solow 300 wrote:
Ok i'm probably going to get my fronts done this week and I was talk to a friend that just got his camry tinted all the way around with limo in the back and what he said was 35% in the front.But it was light enough that I could see through it he said 35% is lighter than 50% I thought the lower the number the darker the tint.

They must of lied to your friend if you can see clearly through 35%.50% is lighter than 35%.

Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 4 Driven%20Autoworks%20Window%20Tinting%20Guide
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeNovember 2nd 2009, 6:59 pm

Great visual, Ivan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Illinois Tint Law Update
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next