Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Illinois Tint Law Update

Go down 
+33
Illinois Chaos
josph26
Sublime378
dakotabluert98
AlterEgo
hemiflex
Iguanaman
crazy933
ken_quick
AR-15QUEEN
DCSpecial
irishrt5.7
Dartboy
HemiMag
Motor
Solow 300
sak9880
WideSpicy
eviltrycycle
Headtripp
TheDarkKnight
Dalegit1
chargerchick
hipo
Shawn1112
liljoejoe54
xegitalian19xx
firestartr420
ghost
Admin
ChiTownHemi
HiPwr
Mad Hatter
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2009, 11:41 am

xegitalian19xx wrote:
This sucks still for me though because i have limo on my rear 3!!....I thought I was just going to be able to put 50% on my fronts and now I cant...Guess I'll have to rip it all off and go 35% all the way around!! Any one got some spare cash?
i have 35% all the way around and at night it looks like limo.
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2009, 11:57 am

The mango has 35% all the way around it is plenty dark enough yay. The chally is gonna look sik
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2009, 12:00 pm

ghost wrote:
xegitalian19xx wrote:
This sucks still for me though because i have limo on my rear 3!!....I thought I was just going to be able to put 50% on my fronts and now I cant...Guess I'll have to rip it all off and go 35% all the way around!! Any one got some spare cash?
i have 35% all the way around and at night it looks like limo.

yea depending on your color of your interior the window tint will either look darker or lighter.I used to have 35% all around my Scion tC.The car was white but the interior was black and it looked as dark as a 20% did!!!
Back to top Go down
Dartboy
Founding Member
Founding Member
Dartboy

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2009, 12:28 pm

took this off the pdf file... if anyone wants to print and copy and have in their ride...

(hope this is the right section...alot of gibberish to me!!)

-------------------------------

Oct 30 09'

10/15/2009 House Override Amendatory Veto - House Passed 107-008-000

Section 5. The Illinois Vehicle Code is amended by changing Sections 3-412 and 12-503 as follows:

(625 ILCS 5/12-503) (from Ch. 95 1/2, par. 12-503)
Sec. 12-503. Windshields must be unobstructed and equipped with wipers.

(a) No person shall drive a motor vehicle with any sign,
poster, window application, reflective material, nonreflective material or tinted film upon the front windshield, except that a sidewings or side windows immediately adjacent to each side of the driver. A nonreflective tinted film may be used along
the uppermost portion of the windshield if such material does not extend more than 6 inches down from the top of the windshield. Nothing in this Section shall create a cause of action on behalf of a buyer against a dealer or manufacturer who sells a motor vehicle with a window which is in violation of this Section.

(a-5) No window treatment or tinting shall be applied to
the windows immediately adjacent to each side of the driver, except:

(1) on vehicles where none of the windows to the rear
of the driver's seat are treated in a manner that allows
less than 30% light transmittance, a nonreflective tinted
film that allows at least 50% light transmittance, with a
5% variance observed by any law enforcement official metering the light transmittance,
may be used on the side windows immediately adjacent to each side of the driver.

(2) on vehicles where none of the windows to the rearof the driver's seat
are treated in a manner that allows
less than 35% light transmittance, a nonreflective tinted
film that allows at least 35% light transmittance, with a 5% variance observed by any law
enforcement official metering the light transmittance, may be used on the side
windows immediately adjacent to each side of the driver.

(3) on multipurpose passenger vehicles, as defined by
Section 1-148.3b of this Code, a nonreflective tinted film originally applied by the manufacturer, that allows at least 50% light transmittance, with a 5% variance observed by any law enforcement official metering the light transmittance, may be used on the side windows immediately adjacent to each side of the driver.

(b) On motor vehicles where window treatment has not been
applied to the windows immediately adjacent to each side of the driver, Nothing contained in this Section shall prohibit the use of a nonreflective, smoked or tinted glass, nonreflective film, perforated window screen or other decorative window application on windows to the rear of the driver's seat shall be allowed, except that any motor vehicle with a window to the rear of the driver's seat treated in this manner shall be equipped with a side mirror
on each side of the motor vehicle which are in conformance with Section 12-502.

(c) No person shall drive a motor vehicle with any objects placed or suspended between the driver and the front windshield, rear window, side wings or side windows immediately adjacent to each side of the driver which materially obstructs the driver's view.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2009, 12:34 pm

35% all around for mine!!! Woo hoo! Can we have a mod day at a tint shop????

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Motor
CAMM Pro
Motor

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2009, 12:35 pm

have 2 sets printed out already from this morning lol
Back to top Go down
Motor
CAMM Pro
Motor

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2009, 12:38 pm

eviltrycycle wrote:

Very Happy

you can call my guys to see if he's willing to do it for you guys. info posted above.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2009, 12:39 pm

Motor wrote:
eviltrycycle wrote:

Very Happy

you can call my guys to see if he's willing to do it for you guys. info posted above.

I will give him a call Monday and talk to him. If anyone wants to get theirs done and are ok with using him let me know and that way I can give him a count and we can take it from there.

Thanks for posting up the info.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2009, 1:34 pm

I have a really good friend who does tinting out south. He is by 147th and Kedzie, he has done all my cars. I worked with this guy for about 10yrs so I will vouch for him. He also provides a lifetime warranty on all his work. I can probably get him to do Camm cars for $150.00.

Here is his info
The Tint Shop
Mike 708-388-8313

If your intrested let me know and I can give him a heads up
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2009, 1:46 pm

Ok so break it down for me cuz i dont want to red through all that crap. Right now I have 25% in the rear. With that, I can only do 50% up front? And if I remove my rear 25%, I can legally put 35% all around?
Back to top Go down
Motor
CAMM Pro
Motor

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2009, 1:47 pm

liljoejoe54 wrote:
Ok so break it down for me cuz i dont want to red through all that crap. Right now I have 25% in the rear. With that, I can only do 50% up front? And if I remove my rear 25%, I can legally put 35% all around?

yup
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2009, 1:49 pm

Motor wrote:
liljoejoe54 wrote:

yup

Eh 35% is better than nothing. I like my 25% but ill sacrifice a little to put my 35% back on the front. I had to remove it because some jagoff cop gave me 2 tickets while my car was parked for having tints 2 days apart.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2009, 2:08 pm

35% will look dark on your car Joe, your car is black and so is your seats.
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2009, 3:29 pm

Joey...if you have anything darker than 35% on the rear you can't put anything on the front just like me!!

You have to rip it off and put 35% all the way around if you don't want to get tickets bro!
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2009, 3:31 pm

xegitalian19xx wrote:
Joey...if you have anything darker than 35% on the rear you can't put anything on the front just like me!!

You have to rip it off and put 35% all the way around if you don't want to get tickets bro!

Ah. It really doesnt make sense. I think they put that in the bill just to annoy and piss people off. I guess im gonna have to put 35% all around.
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2009, 3:32 pm

yup thats what i plan on doing now too....I thought I was going to be able to put 50% on but that is just for Factory tinted SUV's and Trucks!

FUCKERS!
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2009, 4:24 pm

xegitalian19xx wrote:

I think you guys are reading it wrong!!!!

" Illinois House Bill 3325 ONCE AGAIN... here are the NOW LEGAL tint combinations. Up to 35% in the Rear/up to 35% front 35-30% in the rear/up to 50% front IF YOU HAVE BELOW 30% TINT IN THE REAR, YOU CAN NOT HAVE FRONT TINT If you have an MPV, which include but are not limited to, SUVs, Station Wagons, minivans, Toasters, etc., and said MPV has factory installed privacy glass (smoked), you are allowed to have up to 50% tint in front. "
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2009, 4:28 pm

HemiMag24s wrote:
xegitalian19xx wrote:

I think you guys are reading it wrong!!!!

" Illinois House Bill 3325 ONCE AGAIN... here are the NOW LEGAL tint combinations. Up to 35% in the Rear/up to 35% front 35-30% in the rear/up to 50% front IF YOU HAVE BELOW 30% TINT IN THE REAR, YOU CAN NOT HAVE FRONT TINT If you have an MPV, which include but are not limited to, SUVs, Station Wagons, minivans, Toasters, etc., and said MPV has factory installed privacy glass (smoked), you are allowed to have up to 50% tint in front. "

That looks like what I just said. I cant have my 25% in the rear if I want to put my 35% back on the front. I have to remove my rear 25% and then put 35% all around if I want front tint. No way do i want 50%.
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2009, 4:33 pm

Just making sure lol...Sucks wish mine didnt come factory '' smoked ''...I have no choice but to put 50% which I don't mind because of my dark interior...REally 50% in front doesn't look that bad in daylight

here's my old STi with 50% front and 35%rear.....(my interior was blue/black)

Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 3 Hemimag24s-albums-my+jet+black+suede+interior+n+custom+sub+box-picture5132-my-old-baby
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2009, 4:42 pm

HemiMag24s wrote:
Just making sure lol...Sucks wish mine didnt come factory '' smoked ''...I have no choice but to put 50% which I don't mind because of my dark interior...REally 50% in front doesn't look that bad in daylight

Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 3 Hemimag24s-albums-my+jet+black+suede+interior+n+custom+sub+box-picture5132-my-old-baby
i'm glad you got rid of that little girly car!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Solow 300
CAMM Member
Solow 300

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2009, 4:44 pm

ok so let me get this straight I have 15% on the back half of my car can I put 50% on the front cause that's fine with me or I can't put any at all unless I take it off and put 35% all the way around
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2009, 4:49 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
HemiMag24s wrote:

hahha you kidding me...This girly car was running 12.8@105mph stock at 260awhp....This car got balls...Once I brought it to 310AWHP I was running low 12.3@110mph+
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2009, 4:52 pm

3 words bro BIG FUCKING DEAL! Its a fast barbie car.........lmfao
Back to top Go down
Mad Hatter
CAMM Member
Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2009, 6:56 pm

I had already set up a Deal for CAMM members remember? Rolling Eyes

$150 a car & $50 for Maggies 2 fronts.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2009, 7:22 pm

HemiMag24s wrote:
Shawn1112 wrote:
HemiMag24s wrote:

hahha you kidding me...This girly car was running 12.8@105mph stock at 260awhp....This car got balls...Once I brought it to 310AWHP I was running low 12.3@110mph+
last time at the track i beat a blue one and a white one. with that said i do like the wrx/sti!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Illinois Tint Law Update
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next