Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Illinois Tint Law Update

Go down 
+33
Illinois Chaos
josph26
Sublime378
dakotabluert98
AlterEgo
hemiflex
Iguanaman
crazy933
ken_quick
AR-15QUEEN
DCSpecial
irishrt5.7
Dartboy
HemiMag
Motor
Solow 300
sak9880
WideSpicy
eviltrycycle
Headtripp
TheDarkKnight
Dalegit1
chargerchick
hipo
Shawn1112
liljoejoe54
xegitalian19xx
firestartr420
ghost
Admin
ChiTownHemi
HiPwr
Mad Hatter
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
WideSpicy
CAMM Pro
WideSpicy

Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2009, 6:44 pm

that's why i got me that ther Florida registration....
Back to top Go down
Mad Hatter
CAMM Member
Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2009, 7:15 pm

Check out the latest update on the Facebook page. It almost seems like it's still up in the air, but some say it passed. The Gov site hasn't been updated yet.
Back to top Go down
WideSpicy
CAMM Pro
WideSpicy

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2009, 7:33 pm

pass this damm thing already!!!!!
Back to top Go down
sak9880
CAMM Member
sak9880

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2009, 8:57 pm

Man i agree, can't wait till i can tint the front sides again.
Back to top Go down
Solow 300
CAMM Member
Solow 300

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2009, 9:11 pm

I agree with everyone I can't wait until I can tint my front so people can stop looking over at me .I can't stand when someone pulls up on the side of me to look in my car.I have my seats leaned so far back you have to pull past me to see in. I hope it passes cause i'm going to the shop the same day.
Back to top Go down
Mad Hatter
CAMM Member
Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 15th 2009, 8:25 pm

Last Action
Date Chamber Action
10/15/2009 House Override Amendatory Veto - House Passed 107-008-000
Back to top Go down
Solow 300
CAMM Member
Solow 300

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 15th 2009, 8:30 pm

Mad Hatter wrote:
Last Action
Date Chamber Action
10/15/2009 House Override Amendatory Veto - House Passed 107-008-000

so what does this mean!!!
Back to top Go down
Mad Hatter
CAMM Member
Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 15th 2009, 8:32 pm

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/votehistory/96/house/09600HB3325_10152009_019000M.pdf

MORE TO COME AS I GET IT!

SO FAR SO GOOD!
Back to top Go down
Solow 300
CAMM Member
Solow 300

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 15th 2009, 8:37 pm

all i wanna hear is that it's been passed I want it on the news so everyone knows then it wont be no big secret
Back to top Go down
Mad Hatter
CAMM Member
Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 15th 2009, 8:37 pm

waiting to get law translation or at least laymans terms. It seems that they voted (3rd time) to pass this bill.

The Govenor did an amendatory vote to change some wording on 8/25/09.

Rep, Bassi filed motion for Override on 10/5/09 & Today they voted to Overide the Veto & it Passed.

So Stay tuned!
Back to top Go down
Mad Hatter
CAMM Member
Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 15th 2009, 8:45 pm

Well!

From what i've been reading, once it does, don't move too fast without knowing the language in full. Theres's a lot of Cops out there that will be upset over this. Some have Blogged & complained about losing an "Easy Ticket" with this. The advocates are recommending that everyone print a copy of the Bill once passed. Do not argue with the Officer, let it go to court. Some have turned tinted windows into a Cash Cow, especially Chicago. It is believed that they increased their fee from just $25 to $250 this past January because this was already on the table & they better get what they can while they can. Which is why you now can get a ticket while the car is parked.

So right now the questions are, has it fully passed, what's the basic terms & when does it take effect (now or 1st of year)?

If it's the 1st, those of us that have tint, may want to duck & hide. Because it Will be OPEN SEASON!
Back to top Go down
Motor
CAMM Pro
Motor

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2009, 9:25 am

EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY - SENATE PASSED THE TINT LAW CHANGE A FEW MINUTES AGO
Back to top Go down
Motor
CAMM Pro
Motor

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2009, 9:33 am

big fines if tint is not correct. class c misdemeanor possibly.
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2009, 11:08 am

Yay here is what I grabbed from the bill so everyone is clear on what is acceptable

Start at section -5-
http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/fulltext.asp?DocName=&SessionId=76&GA=96&DocTypeId=HB&DocNum=3325&GAID=10&LegID=46080&SpecSess=0&Session=0
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2009, 11:09 am

this is the update I have and they are saying it passed!!!!

" Illinois House Bill 3325 ONCE AGAIN... here are the NOW LEGAL tint combinations. Up to 35% in the Rear/up to 35% front 35-30% in the rear/up to 50% front IF YOU HAVE BELOW 30% TINT IN THE REAR, YOU CAN NOT HAVE FRONT TINT If you have an MPV, which include but are not limited to, SUVs, Station Wagons, minivans, Toasters, etc., and said MPV has factory installed privacy glass (smoked), you are allowed to have up to 50% tint in front. "
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2009, 11:09 am

Oh yeah start posting up good tinting shops maybe we can get a discount lol
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2009, 11:10 am

looks like I will only have 50% up front which is better than nothing lol...
Back to top Go down
Motor
CAMM Pro
Motor

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2009, 11:19 am

Nino @ UMBRA (owner and installer) 773-895-8372

He's tinted my cars, Ekaz's car, Ekaz's dads car, hops23's car, SublimeDaytona268's amongst others, a lot of my friends cars too.

He's out in Schaumburg now by Roselle Rd & Wise rd. He does great work, warranty on his work. No bubbles or defects ever!

When you call him tell him that Eric with the black magnum sent you and ask for a good deal.

i have an appointment for later on in the day.
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2009, 11:28 am

so am I reading this right????

" If you have an MPV, which include but are not limited to, SUVs, Station Wagons, minivans, Toasters, etc., and said MPV has factory installed privacy glass (smoked), you are allowed to have up to 50% tint in front "

Am I only allowed for 50% since the Magnums came factory tinted.....???
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2009, 11:30 am

so what should i print out to keep in my car? is there a link that would suit this purpose best or is one of the ones in the thread enough?
Back to top Go down
Motor
CAMM Pro
Motor

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2009, 11:31 am

HemiMag24s wrote:

" If you have an MPV, which include but are not limited to, SUVs, Station Wagons, minivans, Toasters, etc., and said MPV has factory installed privacy glass (smoked), you are allowed to have up to 50% tint in front "

seems like it. Im screwed either way. i have limo over stock lol
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2009, 11:31 am

HemiMag24s wrote:

that is what i am reading frm that...
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2009, 11:32 am

ghost wrote:
HemiMag24s wrote:

that is what i am reading frm that...

I guess any tint is better than no tints....What sucks is both my Magnum and Jeep Commander came '' factory tinted "
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2009, 11:33 am

Here's a copy of the bill....
http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/96/HB/PDF/09600HB3325lv.pdf
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2009, 11:37 am

This sucks still for me though because i have limo on my rear 3!!....I thought I was just going to be able to put 50% on my fronts and now I cant...Guess I'll have to rip it all off and go 35% all the way around!! Any one got some spare cash?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Tint Law Update   Illinois Tint Law Update - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Illinois Tint Law Update
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next