Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!


Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area
 
PortalHomeRegisterLog in

Share
 

 BEST WAX FOR WINTER

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
HiPwr
Moderator
Moderator
HiPwr

Location : Earth
Points : 19547
Posts : 3498
Reputation : 1463

BEST WAX FOR WINTER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BEST WAX FOR WINTER   BEST WAX FOR WINTER - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2009, 8:12 pm

This is what I use:

http://www.autosportcatalog.com/index.cfm?fa=p&pid=244
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

Location : Wisconsin
Points : 7092
Posts : 1928
Reputation : 525

BEST WAX FOR WINTER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BEST WAX FOR WINTER   BEST WAX FOR WINTER - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2009, 8:41 pm

[quote="Moparcharger06"]I'm puttin mine away for winter this year!! WOO WOO!! BUT I am partial to Meguiars[/quote] Adam waht are you gonna do at work during the winter if your cars put away
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

Location : Hainesville-ISH
Points : 23963
Posts : 2302
Reputation : 591

BEST WAX FOR WINTER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BEST WAX FOR WINTER   BEST WAX FOR WINTER - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2009, 10:00 pm

jesse031081 wrote:
Moparcharger06 wrote:
I'm puttin mine away for winter this year!! WOO WOO!! BUT I am partial to Meguiars
Adam waht are you gonna do at work during the winter if your cars put away

LOL Well I MIGHT be clearing out our back room, and putting it back there, SO in THAT case I might be able to work on it all winter LOL
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

Location : Wisconsin
Points : 7092
Posts : 1928
Reputation : 525

BEST WAX FOR WINTER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BEST WAX FOR WINTER   BEST WAX FOR WINTER - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2009, 10:29 pm

you know im kidding, cause i know you havent been working on it lately cause i dont think ive ever seen a car so dirty....wtf man
Back to top Go down
Mad Hatter
CAMM Member
Mad Hatter

Location : Hazel Crest, Il
Points : 5343
Posts : 897
Reputation : 184

BEST WAX FOR WINTER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BEST WAX FOR WINTER   BEST WAX FOR WINTER - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2009, 6:44 pm

I need to was mine as well before storage. I have both NXT & ICE. The NXT is suppose to be good for Dark color guys. I'm not sure which i'm going to use yet. Should I use a cleaner bar or save that for next spring? Also, should I put Chrome polish on my exhaust tips? The Chrome Clads doesn't need it.
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
Moderator
Moderator
HiPwr

Location : Earth
Points : 19547
Posts : 3498
Reputation : 1463

BEST WAX FOR WINTER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BEST WAX FOR WINTER   BEST WAX FOR WINTER - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2009, 6:57 pm

I tried that ICE and hated it. Hell, I still have most of a bottle left if someone wants it.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

Location : Naperville, IL
Points : 11321
Posts : 4912
Reputation : 1220

BEST WAX FOR WINTER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BEST WAX FOR WINTER   BEST WAX FOR WINTER - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2009, 8:31 pm

yea, don't use the ice wax or polish. that stuff is crap. its like its grease, it smears and never drys. it leaves an oily residue. the NXT is the way to go, trust me on that.

the "good for dark color cars" claim is only because you can really tell which products are good or not on dark cars. light cars tend to hide the crappyness of some waxes.

_________________
BEST WAX FOR WINTER - Page 2 35i5dfa
2015 Blue Streak Ram R/T w/rambox - Daily driver status
2006 Charger /SRT//8/ - Autocross spec
SRT MAX Plus cam, Dominator stall torque converter, AMG blue top shift solenoids, Wavetrack LSD, richmond 3.55 gears, Tein Superstreet coilovers, stack 'chubby'' sway bars, ect...
Autocross videos - (((((SRT8 Charger autocross lap.)))))  -  (((((Edited movie.)))))  -  (((((Helmet cam lap.)))))
Back to top Go down
Mad Hatter
CAMM Member
Mad Hatter

Location : Hazel Crest, Il
Points : 5343
Posts : 897
Reputation : 184

BEST WAX FOR WINTER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BEST WAX FOR WINTER   BEST WAX FOR WINTER - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2009, 9:41 pm

I like the ICE detailer, but i know what u mean. It's like that with their dash creme.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Location : in the other lane
Points : 12201
Posts : 5492
Reputation : 1198

BEST WAX FOR WINTER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BEST WAX FOR WINTER   BEST WAX FOR WINTER - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2009, 9:50 pm

I've used about everything mentioned here. I picked up some Zymol at Autozone with Matt the other week. It is an excellent wax. You can't let it dry. Do a small section and wipe it off. Best wax I 've found to date. I'm older than fuck, so I've used 'em all. Zymol makes waxes for car mfg. that is specific to the paint! I use Carbon which is specific for Black paint.

https://www.myautocarcare.com/p-31-zymol-royale-wax-glaze.aspx

Here is one for y'all----
Zymol Royale Wax Glaze $8416.00

Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

Location : Naperville, IL
Points : 11321
Posts : 4912
Reputation : 1220

BEST WAX FOR WINTER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BEST WAX FOR WINTER   BEST WAX FOR WINTER - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2009, 12:16 am

Illinois Chaos wrote:
I've used about everything mentioned here. I picked up some Zymol at Autozone with Matt the other week. It is an excellent wax. You can't let it dry. Do a small section and wipe it off. Best wax I 've found to date. I'm older than fuck, so I've used 'em all. Zymol makes waxes for car mfg. that is specific to the paint! I use Carbon which is specific for Black paint.

i haven't tried the carbon one but the zymol in the greenish bottle i tried is up there with some of the worst waxes i have ever used. it leaves patches darker than other spots. its wierd.

eagle 1 nano wax also sux

i have a shelf of waxes that didn't make the cut. i dunno why i keep trying different stuff when i keep coming back to NXT. i wish zano bros. was not so expensive that stuff is light years ahead of anything you can get in a department or autopart store.

_________________
BEST WAX FOR WINTER - Page 2 35i5dfa
2015 Blue Streak Ram R/T w/rambox - Daily driver status
2006 Charger /SRT//8/ - Autocross spec
SRT MAX Plus cam, Dominator stall torque converter, AMG blue top shift solenoids, Wavetrack LSD, richmond 3.55 gears, Tein Superstreet coilovers, stack 'chubby'' sway bars, ect...
Autocross videos - (((((SRT8 Charger autocross lap.)))))  -  (((((Edited movie.)))))  -  (((((Helmet cam lap.)))))
Back to top Go down
kaotik29
CAMM Pro
kaotik29

Location : CHICAGO
Points : 16536
Posts : 727
Reputation : 217

BEST WAX FOR WINTER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BEST WAX FOR WINTER   BEST WAX FOR WINTER - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2009, 2:39 am

HiPwr wrote:
I tried that ICE and hated it. Hell, I still have most of a bottle left if someone wants it.
yea me too. i bought that ICE bullshit and used it twice. I spent all that money and i gave it to my buddy. THAT SHIT SUCKS ASS!!
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Location : in the other lane
Points : 12201
Posts : 5492
Reputation : 1198

BEST WAX FOR WINTER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BEST WAX FOR WINTER   BEST WAX FOR WINTER - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2009, 7:12 am

jontoad wrote:
Illinois Chaos wrote:
I've used about everything mentioned here. I picked up some Zymol at Autozone with Matt the other week. It is an excellent wax. You can't let it dry. Do a small section and wipe it off. Best wax I 've found to date. I'm older than fuck, so I've used 'em all. Zymol makes waxes for car mfg. that is specific to the paint! I use Carbon which is specific for Black paint.

i haven't tried the carbon one but the zymol in the greenish bottle i tried is up there with some of the worst waxes i have ever used. it leaves patches darker than other spots. its wierd.

eagle 1 nano wax also sux

i have a shelf of waxes that didn't make the cut. i dunno why i keep trying different stuff when i keep coming back to NXT. i wish zano bros. was not so expensive that stuff is light years ahead of anything you can get in a department or autopart store.

I'm using that green stuff right now and then when it's gone I'll start using carbon. You do know that you have to clean the paint surface of all of the old wax first before applying the Zymol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




BEST WAX FOR WINTER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BEST WAX FOR WINTER   BEST WAX FOR WINTER - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
BEST WAX FOR WINTER
Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Exterior-
Jump to: