Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

PortalHomeCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

CAMM 2017 Volunteer Event

Go down 
AuthorMessage
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member

PostSubject: CAMM 2017 Volunteer Event   November 16th 2017, 7:54 am

Sunday at 9 AM
3 days from now

Toys"R"Us
3128 Voyager Ln, Joliet, Illinois 60435

Hello Members of CAMM –

My name is Matt Passero. My wife and I along with our children have volunteered for Toys For Tots for several years. We are known as “Team Passero.” We were introduced to CAMM through Arnold and Jean Orlowski. Like in years past, we are organizing a shopping event at Toys R Us.

Thus, we have great opportunity for a small group of CAMM members to be a part of a Toys For Tots event at a Toys R Us. Basically, you will need to be “Secret Santas” and make gift buying decisions for Toys for Tots. The actual purchase would be made by us, the authorized purchasing agents for DuPage County Toys For Tots. Therefore, there is no cost to you. We just need your creativity.

You would need to arrive at Toys R Us located at 3128 Voyager Ln, Joliet, IL 60435 by 9 am on Sunday, November 19th. This is the Sunday prior to Thanksgiving. Once all have arrived, you will be given the parameters of the shopping goals. It usually takes two plus hours to make our selections. This isn’t an easy task if you think that this could be the only toy a child could receive for Christmas.

Please bear in mind, the store will be open to regular shoppers. We will have a “staging area” to put shopping carts once they are full and be able to retrieve more carts. After purchases are made, we will need help loading the toys onto our trailer. If the weather is nice, it would be a great photo opportunity for Mopar pictures.

After we are done shopping and loading all the toys up we will head to the warehouse to help unload. The warehouse is located at the Yorktown Shopping Mall, address is 203 Yorktown Shopping Center, Lombard, IL 60148. It is located between JC Penny and Von Maur.

In order to participate in this activity, a signed “waiver/release” form is required by Toys For Tots for each person. A copy of the form will be emailed directly to you after you sign up. Please let me know if you are coming and I will email you the waiver.

If you have any questions or need any additional information, please contact us at (630) 546-1767. If you would like to learn more about DuPage County Toys For Tots, please feel free to ask us or visit dupage-il.toysfortots.org.

Thank you in advance for your support.
Matt and Sharon Passero (“Team Passero”)

You Tube Channel https://www.youtube.com/c/ChicagolandAreaModernMopars

Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: CAMM 2017 Volunteer Event   November 16th 2017, 7:55 am

Sorry I forgot to post this over here, having to switch laptops last week has really thrown me off.

If anyone can make it please let me know.

You Tube Channel https://www.youtube.com/c/ChicagolandAreaModernMopars

Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.
Back to top Go down

CAMM 2017 Volunteer Event
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: Around Chicagoland :: Past Events Archives-
Jump to: