Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Uconnect Update for various 15-16 models including Chargers and Challengers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LuvMusic
CAMM Member
LuvMusic

Uconnect Update for various 15-16 models including Chargers and Challengers Empty
PostSubject: Uconnect Update for various 15-16 models including Chargers and Challengers   Uconnect Update for various 15-16 models including Chargers and Challengers I_icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2017, 11:02 am

Saw this on another forum. Details are in the link to the FCA bulletin.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i70hvgw3mxzmn6t/tsb_wk2_0802817.pdf?dl=0

It is an OTA (!) update and there has been some issues reported relating to the update. The main variable causing some of the issues is something (SD card, USB stick, aux cable) being connected to the system during the update. So, if you get the update notification, make sure nothing else is connected before updating.

Update is rolling out in stages so it may be awhile before you see it. I have not gotten the update at this point.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Uconnect Update for various 15-16 models including Chargers and Challengers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uconnect Update for various 15-16 models including Chargers and Challengers   Uconnect Update for various 15-16 models including Chargers and Challengers I_icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2017, 6:15 am

Thanks
Back to top Go down
LuvMusic
CAMM Member
LuvMusic

PostSubject: Re: Uconnect Update for various 15-16 models including Chargers and Challengers   Uconnect Update for various 15-16 models including Chargers and Challengers I_icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2017, 2:25 pm

An update on the update.

Was just out running errands with the wife in her 2014 Cherokee with Uconnect 8.0 no GPS and she received an OTA update. The process requires you to leave your vehicle running for about 30 - 45 minutes then you can turn off the engine. You are prompted when it is safe to turn off the engine. The Uconnect system then remains on for about another 45 minutes while it actually applies the update.

Really a pain. Not sure what is in the update, did notice that the icon to turn off the screen changed and possibly some of wifey's XM radio presets....she won't be happy about that.

Haven't checked the Charger yet. Just got back from Iowa City dropping son #2 off at school.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Uconnect Update for various 15-16 models including Chargers and Challengers   Uconnect Update for various 15-16 models including Chargers and Challengers I_icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2017, 2:48 pm

The Durango started asking to update on Wed. I did it Thursday on the way home from the office. Didn't take long, lost music for about 10 mins, that sucked. Had to reset my clock, I guess I lost presets on radio but I stream 99% of the time when I am in the Durango so meh. I see that I have an extra space that is a shut of screen button so I am assuming if I had GPS it would live there. Did lose my saved numbers but no biggie to reset those.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Uconnect Update for various 15-16 models including Chargers and Challengers   Uconnect Update for various 15-16 models including Chargers and Challengers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Uconnect Update for various 15-16 models including Chargers and Challengers
Page 1 of 1