Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

PortalHomeCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

CAMM Volunteer Opportunity

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member

PostSubject: CAMM Volunteer Opportunity   November 9th 2016, 10:45 am

Sunday, November 20 at 10 AM

404 W Army Trail Rd, Bloomingdale, IL 60108-1379, United States

CAMM is being invited to help out with a local Toys for Tot drive. Please read all the details and let me know if you can make it out.

Hello Members of CAMM –

My name is Matt Passero. My wife and I along with our children have volunteered for Toys For Tots for several years. We are known as “Team Passero.” We were introduced to CAMM through Arnold and Jean Orlowski. Like in years past, we are organizing a shopping event at Toys R Us.

Thus, we have great opportunity for a small group of CAMM members to be a part of a Toys For Tots event at a Toys R Us. Basically, you will need to be “Secret Santas” and make gift buying decisions for Toys for Tots. The actual purchase would be made by us, the authorized purchasing agents for DuPage County Toys For Tots. Therefore, there is no cost to you. We just need your creativity.

You would need to arrive at Toys R Us located at 404 W. Army Trail Road, Bloomingdale, IL 60108 by 10am on Sunday, November 20th. This is the Sunday prior to Thanksgiving. Once all have arrived, you will be given the parameters of the shopping goals. It usually takes two plus hours to make our selections. This isn’t an easy task if you think that this could be the only toy a child could receive for Christmas.

Please bear in mind, the store will be open to regular shoppers. We will have a “staging area” to put shopping carts once they are full and be able to retrieve more carts. After purchases are made, we will need help loading the toys onto our trailer. If the weather is nice, it would be a great photo opportunity for Mopar pictures.

At the time this letter is written, we do not have a physical warehouse location. Each year our warehouse space is donated. Our deal for this year hasn’t come through. Otherwise, you will be invited to come back to the warehouse (aka Santa’s Workshop) to see the behind the scenes. And yeah, help unload all the toys we just purchased.

In order to participate in this activity, a signed “GSA” form is required by Toys For Tots for each person. A copy of the form is attached to this letter. Please let Jean Orlowski, our CAMM contact, know no later than Monday, November 7th if you can join us for this event.
If you have any questions or need any additional information, please contact us at (630) 546-1767. If you would like to learn more about DuPage County Toys For Tots, please feel free to ask us or visit dupage-il.toysfortots.org.

Thank you in advance for your support.
Matt and Sharon Passero (“Team Passero”)

You Tube Channel https://www.youtube.com/c/ChicagolandAreaModernMopars

Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: CAMM Volunteer Opportunity   November 9th 2016, 10:45 am

If you will be attending this I need an email sent to chicagolandareamodernmopars@gmail.com letting me know that you are coming, how many people you are bringing with you, and will you be bringing your Mopar for the photo opportunity. I will email the GSA form to you and you will need to sign and bring it with you the day of the event. I will try to remember to bring a few extra but no promises.

Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: CAMM Volunteer Opportunity   November 9th 2016, 10:48 am

After the event is over we will be hanging out at:

Dave and Busters
1155 N Swift Rd, Addison, IL 60101

Since we are not sure how long the event at Toys R Us will last nothing is being set up in advance at Dave and Busters. Those that want to go I will post up when we are heading over. Since Matt said it will take at least 2 hours I would not plan on us being there until 1230 at the earliest but probably more like 1 or 130 pm.

Depending on what size group ends up going we will try to get tables together, its all on what they can do for us as we get there.

If you do want or can not attend the Toys for Tot part of the day you are still welcome to come hang out at Dave and Busters.

Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: CAMM Volunteer Opportunity   November 10th 2016, 6:51 pm

Fuck, we have a baptism otherwise would love to participate.

Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: CAMM Volunteer Opportunity   November 19th 2016, 10:24 pm

Heads up I have not packed for my trip yet so I will not be attending after the event is over. If anyone wants to go afterwards I would talk about it together at the event.

Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: CAMM Volunteer Opportunity   November 20th 2016, 2:39 pm

Was a good day, spent some money and got a lot of toys for kids that really really need it. Will make this an annual thing as long as we are asked back.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CAMM Volunteer Opportunity   

Back to top Go down

CAMM Volunteer Opportunity
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: Around Chicagoland :: Past Events Archives-
Jump to: