Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mod Night

Go down 
+3
jontoad
HiPwr
eviltrycycle
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

Mod Night - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod Night   Mod Night - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 18th 2016, 4:26 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
Pissed I missed out, wound up working 6a-6p yesterday. Was too fucking tired to even think of coming when I got home. I did however come home to a surprise, my HID headlights and LED fogs showed up. So I drank a few beers and got them installed

what headlights did you get? the stock bulbs suck. lol.

i switched from HID to Opt7 LED's in the charger and i love them. i was thinking about getting those for the truck too.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

Mod Night - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod Night   Mod Night - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 18th 2016, 4:45 pm

Shaming another person on their bulbs huh? Very Happy

Its ok Shawn I would not have come either after working those hours.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

Mod Night - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod Night   Mod Night - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 18th 2016, 5:05 pm

eviltrycycle wrote:
Shaming another person on their bulbs huh? Very Happy

Its ok Shawn I would not have come either after working those hours.  

no really, the stock headlight bulbs suck on the Ram's. i have them at the moment. so you are saying i self shamed myself?...
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Mod Night - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod Night   Mod Night - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2016, 4:32 pm

I thought about going with the Opt 7 Led's, but I read about a bunch of people not happy with the Led's in stock projectors. I went with a kit from Retro Shop for $150 and was really happy with the ease of installation. I know the  HID's for the 15's are a little more expensive.
No bullshit harness that had to be run to battery and grounded. 100% plug and play.
http://shop.retroshop.us/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=4G%2E13%2EHIDs

Fogs I went with fan-less LED's from IJDMTOY, I have never had an issue with their products.
Again 100% plug and play
http://store.ijdmtoy.com/H7-H8-H9-H11-9005-9006-LED-Headlight-Bulbs-p/40-82x.htm
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

Mod Night - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod Night   Mod Night - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2016, 6:22 pm

I tried LED lights in the Jeep's tails. They worked but the Jeep hated them and complained that they didn't work. I would like to replace the headlights because I think they're lousy.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

Mod Night - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod Night   Mod Night - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 21st 2016, 6:06 am

HiPwr wrote:
I tried LED lights in the Jeep's tails.  They worked but the Jeep hated them and complained that they didn't work.  I would like to replace the headlights because I think they're lousy.

the Opt7 headlight kits have the resistors built in so you don't get any warnings or anything.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Mod Night - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod Night   Mod Night - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 22nd 2016, 9:14 am

HiPwr wrote:
I tried LED lights in the Jeep's tails.  They worked but the Jeep hated them and complained that they didn't work.  I would like to replace the headlights because I think they're lousy.
Did you do just bulbs in the tails??? If so ya wont work without using resistors or some other shit.
Best to replace the whole tail light. As far as the headlights, they are worst than the LX's when it comes to adding HID's. I have put 3 different HID kits on friends Wranglers and they have all had issues. The JW Speaker 8700 head lights are the only fucking ones I have seen that were issue free. But they are like $275 per headlight. You can find knock offs for half the price, but I have installed those as well and nothing but problems.

https://www.amazon.com/JW-Speaker-8700-Evolution-Headlight/dp/B00GMRM3KA/ref=sr_1_1/166-8455700-3252921?ie=UTF8&qid=1474553559&sr=8-1&keywords=jw+speaker+8700+evolution+2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mod Night - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod Night   Mod Night - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mod Night
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2