Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I'm Back!

Go down 
+11
moaugust88
jontoad
srtdoodzer
Blackbird
Dre
firestartr420
dave.ford.372
Tom C
MsScarlett
eviltrycycle
jamesv82
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

I'm Back! Empty
PostSubject: I'm Back!   I'm Back! I_icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2015, 2:48 pm

I have gone full circle and now back in to what was my original Modern Mopar. Picked this 15 Charger RT with RT package up yesterday while getting an oil change for my Jeep. Traded in Tammy's 2012 Jeep and she took over my 15. Was cruising past Feeney early last week and saw this sitting on their lot. Been negotiating back and forth via text message all week, yes you read that right, pretty much negotiated the price of car via text, lmfao. I honestly didn't think it would happen as we were a few thousand apart via texting. So as I said, Saturday went for an oil change, saw my sales guy I usually deal with, told him let's make this happen. Went back and forth for a hour or so, and wound up paying $500 more than what I hoped, but still got him down the few thousand we were apart during the week. Car is used and listed for just under $42k new 5 months ago. Guy that owned it only put 1900 miles on it in 5 months. Never thought I would want to get back in to a car, but I rented a 15 Chally RT while I was in San Francisco and after having that for 4 days, I was hooked, lol. Was going to wait till spring but didn't want to pass this one up because B5 is my favorite color and didn't feel I would find a used one like this at this price if I waited, snooze u lose and I didn't want to snooze, lol. So hopefully it will drive okay in the snow, as I don't have a beater to drive for the winter. Regal might go on back burner for now, as I want to do a Hellcat or Scat hood, lowering springs, rims, and some other cosmetic shit. Might do the roof in gloss black to match front fascia.

I'm Back! Image.jpg1_zpsisqarqr2
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

I'm Back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Back!   I'm Back! I_icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2015, 2:50 pm

I'm Back! Image.jpg1_zpsisqarqr2

I'm Back! Image.jpg2_zpsibrf5xtg

I'm Back! Image.jpg3_zpso6umg5ci

I'm Back! Image.jpg4_zpsxat5demo

I'm Back! Image.jpg5_zpsmf9kszjk

I'm Back! Image.jpg6_zpsp9lhkeyz

I'm Back! Image_zpsirorq4nq
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

I'm Back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Back!   I'm Back! I_icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2015, 4:52 pm

Damn man, congrats. Def can't wait to see what you turn this into.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

I'm Back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Back!   I'm Back! I_icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2015, 8:19 am

LOL Congrats again!
Back to top Go down
MsScarlett
MsScarlett

I'm Back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Back!   I'm Back! I_icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2015, 8:26 am

OMG, that's so beautiful! Congrats and can't wait to see what you do with it.
Back to top Go down
Tom C
CAMM Pro
Tom C

I'm Back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Back!   I'm Back! I_icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2015, 8:35 am

Congrats Shawn. Love the color
Back to top Go down
dave.ford.372
CAMM Rookie
dave.ford.372

I'm Back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Back!   I'm Back! I_icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2015, 8:43 am

NICE!
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

I'm Back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Back!   I'm Back! I_icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2015, 9:33 am

very nice.... super jelly right now...
Back to top Go down
Dre
CAMM Member
Dre

I'm Back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Back!   I'm Back! I_icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2015, 11:40 am

Looks Great! Welcome back! LOL
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

I'm Back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Back!   I'm Back! I_icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2015, 11:44 am

Thanks everyone, and do me a favor. Keep your eyes and ears open for a Scat hood. Figuring someone is more than likely to buy a Hellcat hood and want to dump their Scat hood. Or at least its wishful thinking.
Back to top Go down
Blackbird
CAMM Member
Blackbird

I'm Back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Back!   I'm Back! I_icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2015, 12:48 pm

That is a great looking ride. Was wondering when you were gonna get a Cubby blue car. B5 is my favorite color too. Wish they had it in '13.

As far as driving it in the winter, just get yourself a set of Blizzaks and you'll be fine. Don't wait too long to do it though, because they do sell out.
Back to top Go down
srtdoodzer
CAMM Member
srtdoodzer

I'm Back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Back!   I'm Back! I_icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2015, 2:41 pm

Congrats bud! Dig that blue!
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

I'm Back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Back!   I'm Back! I_icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2015, 4:33 pm

very nice bud.
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

I'm Back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Back!   I'm Back! I_icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2015, 5:52 pm

So starting on a 2.0. Congrats!
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

I'm Back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Back!   I'm Back! I_icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2015, 5:56 pm

very cool. I was looking at a challenger hellcat last sat. during an oil change. it was b5 and that color is awesome. it's too bad they haven't come up with a better looking antenna option cuz those shark fin do dads are gross. what are they for? my car gets sirrius and doesn't have one.

bill
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

I'm Back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Back!   I'm Back! I_icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2015, 7:05 pm

funkpolice wrote:
very cool.  I was looking at a challenger hellcat last sat. during an oil change.  it was b5 and that color is awesome.  it's too bad they haven't come up with a better looking antenna option cuz those shark fin do dads are gross.  what are they for?  my car gets sirrius and doesn't have one.

bill
Pretty sure they are for the Nav which I don't quite get. Aftermarket head units have a small antenna for the Nav
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

I'm Back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Back!   I'm Back! I_icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2015, 7:07 pm

moaugust88 wrote:
So starting on a 2.0. Congrats!
Not even coming close bro, lol. I don't ever want to get that deep in to a car again.
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

I'm Back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Back!   I'm Back! I_icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2015, 7:42 pm

how do you like the trans? I'm thinking really hard about picking one of these up soon.
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

I'm Back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Back!   I'm Back! I_icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2015, 8:32 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:

Not even coming close bro, lol. I don't ever want to get that deep in to a car again.

You say that now! lol Tints, lights, and done right?
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

I'm Back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Back!   I'm Back! I_icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2015, 9:31 am

Nice!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

I'm Back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Back!   I'm Back! I_icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2015, 2:30 pm

moaugust88 wrote:
Shawn1112 wrote:

You say that now! lol Tints, lights, and done right?
Tints are done
Hood
Lowering springs (I have a feeling it might be lowered already, unless these just feel like they are low)
Rims
Some small misc odds and ends
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

I'm Back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Back!   I'm Back! I_icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2015, 2:32 pm

funkpolice wrote:
how do you like the trans?  I'm thinking really hard about picking one of these up soon.
I'm a huge fan of the 8 speed and have been since my 14 SRT. If u lived closer I would let you take it for a couple of hours to see how you like it.
Back to top Go down
BigM
CAMM Pro
BigM

I'm Back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Back!   I'm Back! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 5th 2016, 8:37 pm

Belated congrats, saw you posting on LX had to see what you got!

Big fan of that color and of course I've got to love the R/T R&T cars Smile For the seats alone (although I know they have lots of better doo dads these days like the 3.06 rear and extra performance pages etc. along with the bigger roll bar up front etc.)

Every time I see a '15 with the black gloss bumper I think it looks sharp, I want one of these '15 R/T R&Ts in like 2-3 years so you can sell me yours when you get the '18 Track Hawk Smile
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

I'm Back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Back!   I'm Back! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2016, 1:23 pm

BigM wrote:
Belated congrats, saw you posting on LX had to see what you got!

Big fan of that color and of course I've got to love the R/T R&T cars Smile  For the seats alone (although I know they have lots of better doo dads these days like the 3.06 rear and extra performance pages etc. along with the bigger roll bar up front etc.)

Every time I see a '15 with the black gloss bumper I think it looks sharp, I want one of these '15 R/T R&Ts in like 2-3 years so you can sell me yours when you get the '18 Track Hawk Smile
Lol, thanks and sure thing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I'm Back! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Back!   I'm Back! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm Back!
Page 1 of 1