Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wrangler is gone!!!

Go down 
+7
Razor
HiPwr
Blackbird
MsScarlett
jamesv82
Illinois Chaos
Shawn1112
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Wrangler is gone!!! Empty
PostSubject: Wrangler is gone!!!   Wrangler is gone!!! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2015, 2:49 pm

Soooo, I got rid of the Wrangler today, picked up a 15 Grand Cherokee limited. I mentioned to a few people at the mod night that it just wasn't working out for me for work purposes. Been looking at some used Durango RT and Ram 1500's last couple of weeks, and had no intentions of buying this truck today. Had the day off and was actually going down to Tinley Park to look at a Durango and a Ram. Dropped off Tammys Cherokee for a recall today and this Cherokee just caught my eye. I liked the Wrangler a lot figured it would be a cool daily that I could also mod. But driving it 80-100 miles per day with the lift kit and big ass tires was killing the gas mileage, and it wasn't the most comfortable ride. On top of those 2 reasons, I really have the itch to mod a G Body. Picked up a 83 Regal a couple of months ago and it's going to be a 2 year project. Going to do either a Hemi or LS swap to it, more than likely will be a LS due to cost of motor and trans and ease of swap. Other plans are lift kit to tuck some 24's, burnt orange and silver paint job, custom interior and a very strong possibility I will put a turbo on it! Just because I'm going to concentrate on a G Body doesn't mean I'm going anywhere, you fuckers aren't getting that lucky. I'm still a Mopar nut, will still open my house and garage to everyone and will still help anyone out. Best believe if I see a Magnum for a killer price I will jump all over it as I have always wanted to mod one of those, lol. Will post pics later
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Wrangler is gone!!!   Wrangler is gone!!! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2015, 10:35 pm

nice
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

PostSubject: Re: Wrangler is gone!!!   Wrangler is gone!!! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 5th 2015, 7:21 am

WOW, congrats on the new ride.

Like always def can't wait to see what you do.
Back to top Go down
MsScarlett
MsScarlett

PostSubject: Re: Wrangler is gone!!!   Wrangler is gone!!! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 5th 2015, 8:57 am

Wow, congrats.
Back to top Go down
Blackbird
CAMM Member
Blackbird

PostSubject: Re: Wrangler is gone!!!   Wrangler is gone!!! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 5th 2015, 1:09 pm

That was fast. At least I got to see the Wrangler. I can understand about it not being comfortable as a daily driver. It looked like it would have been good at climbing over boulders though. Will be interesting to see what you do with the Regal.
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Wrangler is gone!!!   Wrangler is gone!!! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 5th 2015, 1:55 pm

Maybe you should have asked me first about the Wrangler. Mine isn't lifted and still gets shitty mileage, handles poorly on the street, and doesn't ride like a Cadillac CTS. It's a Jeep!
Back to top Go down
Razor
CAMM Pro
Razor

PostSubject: Re: Wrangler is gone!!!   Wrangler is gone!!! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 6th 2015, 9:50 am

Yup that was quick! Can't wait to see the progress of the Regal. What you got planned for the new Jeep?
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Wrangler is gone!!!   Wrangler is gone!!! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 6th 2015, 12:03 pm

I figured it was coming. Congats on the new ride and can't want to see the Regals progress.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Wrangler is gone!!!   Wrangler is gone!!! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2015, 9:23 am

Razor wrote:
Yup that was quick! Can't wait to see the progress of the Regal. What you got planned for the new Jeep?
Rims and tint, but probably won't get rims till next spring.
Back to top Go down
BigM
CAMM Pro
BigM

PostSubject: Re: Wrangler is gone!!!   Wrangler is gone!!! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2015, 7:43 pm

Sure, rims and tint next Spring.  You'll have an SRT TrackHawk if they come out next Spring!

I parked next to your Charger three years ago at Agustino's since then you've had a 300, an SRT8 Jeep, an SRT Jeep, a Wrangler now a GC.  Did I miss anything?

I like to live vicariously through your new rides... I've still got my boring Charger!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Wrangler is gone!!!   Wrangler is gone!!! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2015, 8:42 pm

BigM wrote:
Sure, rims and tint next Spring.  You'll have an SRT TrackHawk if they come out next Spring!

I parked next to your Charger three years ago at Agustino's since then you've had a 300, an SRT8 Jeep, an SRT Jeep, a Wrangler now a GC.  Did I miss anything?

I like to live vicariously through your new rides... I've still got my boring Charger!
Lmfao....ya u missed the other 40-50 before the Charger.
I won't deny that if I find a used b5 Charger Hellcat at a killer price, it will be mine
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Wrangler is gone!!!   Wrangler is gone!!! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2015, 5:17 pm

i have bought less pairs of shoes than you have cars in the last couple years. lol.

at least a G body wouldn't be an expensive starting car for a build no matter how nice of one you find.
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

PostSubject: Re: Wrangler is gone!!!   Wrangler is gone!!! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2015, 10:06 am

So where are the pics of the new ride and of the project ride

Oh and burnt orange and blue are a way better combo
Back to top Go down
tavic
CAMM Rookie
tavic

PostSubject: Re: Wrangler is gone!!!   Wrangler is gone!!! I_icon_minitimeNovember 10th 2015, 3:57 pm

Even though I'm a Mopar guy these days. I also have a soft spot for the G body chevys. My first car was a 82 Monte Carlo with that 3.8L V6. It sucked on take offs but when she got moving she cruised. Years ago I almost picked up an 82 that someone shoehorned a 455 in to it.
Back to top Go down
tavic
CAMM Rookie
tavic

PostSubject: Re: Wrangler is gone!!!   Wrangler is gone!!! I_icon_minitimeNovember 10th 2015, 4:03 pm

(Typo) 454*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrangler is gone!!!   Wrangler is gone!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wrangler is gone!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: CAMM General Discussion :: General Discussion-
Jump to: