Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just found this site, and now for the introduction

Go down 
+9
chaynick
eviltrycycle
MsScarlett
jontoad
Shawn1112
HiPwr
funkpolice
Blackbird
gotzaR/T
13 posters
AuthorMessage
gotzaR/T
CAMM Rookie
gotzaR/T

Just found this site, and now for the introduction Empty
PostSubject: Just found this site, and now for the introduction   Just found this site, and now for the introduction I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2015, 5:41 pm

The name is Steve and I've owned my mopar since February of this year. Picked up a used 2012 black Charger R/T AWD and it's been great. I had a built 04' GTO, but had to let it go as the family got bigger. Was finally able to convince the wife that the AWD would make the Charger a safe winter car... Which it's a BEAST in the snow.

Not doing much to the car as it's my "family car", but I got avolant CAI, mid muffler delete and a Tazer plug in as of now.

Just looking for local meet ups with other mopars. Kind of miss that from the GTO days.
Back to top Go down
Blackbird
CAMM Member
Blackbird

PostSubject: Re: Just found this site, and now for the introduction   Just found this site, and now for the introduction I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2015, 5:49 pm

Welcome to CAMM. I got a black Charger R/T AWD also but mine is a '13. Like you I'm a Pontiac refugee also. My car before this one was a GranPrix GT.

Looking forward to meeting you at an event. Got a pic of your ride?
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: Just found this site, and now for the introduction   Just found this site, and now for the introduction I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2015, 6:25 pm

Hello from Orland Park. what is a tazer?
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Just found this site, and now for the introduction   Just found this site, and now for the introduction I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2015, 7:59 pm

Welcome, new member.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Just found this site, and now for the introduction   Just found this site, and now for the introduction I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2015, 8:00 pm

Welcome from Streamwood
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Just found this site, and now for the introduction   Just found this site, and now for the introduction I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
gotzaR/T
CAMM Rookie
gotzaR/T

PostSubject: Re: Just found this site, and now for the introduction   Just found this site, and now for the introduction I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2015, 8:45 pm

Blackbird wrote:
Welcome to CAMM. I got a black Charger R/T AWD also but mine is a '13. Like you I'm a Pontiac refugee also. My car before this one was a GranPrix GT.

I haven't done much appearance-wise other than the .75 mod, but here are a few:
https://goo.gl/photos/dweYgz1oq5pqkNyr7
https://goo.gl/photos/JwFPGh2QJZLY4TKw9
https://goo.gl/photos/E33mKHG4jXjr8ESdA
https://goo.gl/photos/LykadptX7zuE6bJm6

funkpolice wrote:
Hello from Orland Park.  what is a tazer?

I hope I'm not breaking any forum rules here, but this is it:
http://www.zautotech.com/tazer.html
Back to top Go down
MsScarlett
MsScarlett

PostSubject: Re: Just found this site, and now for the introduction   Just found this site, and now for the introduction I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2015, 8:50 pm

Welcome to CAMM!
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Just found this site, and now for the introduction   Just found this site, and now for the introduction I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2015, 8:55 pm

Welcome to CAMM thank you for signing up.
Back to top Go down
chaynick
CAMM Member
chaynick

PostSubject: Re: Just found this site, and now for the introduction   Just found this site, and now for the introduction I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2015, 9:03 pm

Welcome
Back to top Go down
Razor
CAMM Pro
Razor

PostSubject: Re: Just found this site, and now for the introduction   Just found this site, and now for the introduction I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2015, 9:05 pm

Welcome to CAMM
Back to top Go down
Blackbird
CAMM Member
Blackbird

PostSubject: Re: Just found this site, and now for the introduction   Just found this site, and now for the introduction I_icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2015, 1:44 am

gotzaR/T wrote:
Blackbird wrote:

I haven't done much appearance-wise other than the .75 mod, but here are a few:
https://goo.gl/photos/dweYgz1oq5pqkNyr7

funkpolice wrote:
Hello from Orland Park.  what is a tazer?

I hope I'm not breaking any forum rules here, but this is it:
http://www.zautotech.com/tazer.html

A fellow Sox fan Sox  cheers  Too bad it's been a brutal season.

I've known that as the TranZformer and it's on my list of mods. How long you had it and has it been behaving pretty well?
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

PostSubject: Re: Just found this site, and now for the introduction   Just found this site, and now for the introduction I_icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2015, 5:00 am

Welcome to the forum from NW Indiana
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: Just found this site, and now for the introduction   Just found this site, and now for the introduction I_icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2015, 6:12 am

I had a tranzformer for a while. That looks like the same thing, without the transmission line pressure stuff.

bill
Back to top Go down
gotzaR/T
CAMM Rookie
gotzaR/T

PostSubject: Re: Just found this site, and now for the introduction   Just found this site, and now for the introduction I_icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2015, 6:49 am

Blackbird and funkpolice,

You guys are spot on. The Tazer is made by the same guy that makes the tranzformer. Like funkpolice said, this one doesn't do line pressure, but it does everything else and it's plug and play vs. the need to pull the dash apart and tap into wires, which was good for me as I told the wife I wouldn't mess with the electrical in this car. But so far, so good, I got sport mode, the SRT pages activated without it needing to be plugged in and the other options while plugged in seem to be working just fine.

And Blackbird, I look at it this way (Sox), at least they won a world series this century!
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

PostSubject: Re: Just found this site, and now for the introduction   Just found this site, and now for the introduction I_icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2015, 1:05 pm

Sorry to hear you're a sux fan
Back to top Go down
Blackbird
CAMM Member
Blackbird

PostSubject: Re: Just found this site, and now for the introduction   Just found this site, and now for the introduction I_icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2015, 2:05 pm

jamesv82 wrote:
Sorry to hear you're a sux fan
Don't feed the trolls.
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

PostSubject: Re: Just found this site, and now for the introduction   Just found this site, and now for the introduction I_icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2015, 2:38 pm

^^lmfao

From the looks of the people at sux games you should talk bout your fellow fans like that
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

PostSubject: Re: Just found this site, and now for the introduction   Just found this site, and now for the introduction I_icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2015, 2:40 pm

gotzaR/T wrote:
Just looking for local meet ups with other mopars. Kind of miss that from the GTO days.

Def keep an eye on the calendar to see what's happening and the car show and get together section.
Back to top Go down
Blackbird
CAMM Member
Blackbird

PostSubject: Re: Just found this site, and now for the introduction   Just found this site, and now for the introduction I_icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2015, 3:30 pm

gotzaR/T wrote:

You guys are spot on. The Tazer is made by the same guy that makes the tranzformer. Like funkpolice said, this one doesn't do line pressure, but it does everything else and it's plug and play vs. the need to pull the dash apart and tap into wires, which was good for me as I told the wife I wouldn't mess with the electrical in this car. But so far, so good, I got sport mode, the SRT pages activated without it needing to be plugged in and the other options while plugged in seem to be working just fine.

Didn't know they came out with a OBD-II version. This definitely moves it up on my mod list. The previous version was a bit of a pain to clip in. Have you played with any of the custom shift settings?  

gotzaR/T wrote:
And Blackbird, I look at it this way (Sox), at least they won a world series this century!

My wife and I suffered through Saturday's game but it was worth it to score a couple of these:

Just found this site, and now for the introduction Replica_Ring-2015_zpsftwxwluc

Pictures don't do it justice. It really sparkles in real life and the weight is about right too.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Just found this site, and now for the introduction   Just found this site, and now for the introduction I_icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2015, 3:47 pm

Next local thing close to you is the Muscle Car Beach Party on Thursday right over the boarder in Indiana.

http://www.chicagolandareamodernmopars.com/t8582-bosak-beach-party-merrillville-in-july-23-2015

Then we have a show on Sunday up at Great Lakes Dragaway. It is on the calendar as well.
Back to top Go down
gotzaR/T
CAMM Rookie
gotzaR/T

PostSubject: Re: Just found this site, and now for the introduction   Just found this site, and now for the introduction I_icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2015, 4:12 pm

Blackbird wrote:
gotzaR/T wrote:

Didn't know they came out with a OBD-II version. This definitely moves it up on my mod list. The previous version was a bit of a pain to clip in. Have you played with any of the custom shift settings?  

gotzaR/T wrote:

My wife and I suffered through Saturday's game but it was worth it to score a couple of these:

Just found this site, and now for the introduction Replica_Ring-2015_zpsftwxwluc

Pictures don't do it justice. It really sparkles in real life and the weight is about right too.

I haven't gotten a chance to mess with it too much yet, I tried out the option to enter addresses into the nav while driving and it works good, I also tried out the line lock, works great too. I haven't updated the software yet to get the AWD toggle yet though. The only down side with it is that how Dodge aimed the port down, if you leave the Tazer plugged in, you can't really get to the parking brake. The only items that work with it unplugged are the sport mode, SRT pages on the nav and the dash, and the paddle shifters.
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

PostSubject: Re: Just found this site, and now for the introduction   Just found this site, and now for the introduction I_icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2015, 4:58 pm

Welcome from NW Indiana as well.
Back to top Go down
Tom C
CAMM Pro
Tom C

PostSubject: Re: Just found this site, and now for the introduction   Just found this site, and now for the introduction I_icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2015, 6:22 pm

Welcome from Hanover Park
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just found this site, and now for the introduction   Just found this site, and now for the introduction I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just found this site, and now for the introduction
Page 1 of 1