Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Adhesive question?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dre
CAMM Member
Dre

Adhesive question? Empty
PostSubject: Adhesive question?   Adhesive question? I_icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2015, 11:58 am

so i am planning on applying some plastic emblems to my engine half covers. 1st thought is 3M double sided foam tape, my concern is engine heat. will it hold?

What have you guys/gals used in your engine bay that will hold with the engine heat?
Back to top Go down
392SRT8
CAMM Member
392SRT8

Adhesive question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adhesive question?   Adhesive question? I_icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2015, 12:58 pm

3M makes a "High Heat" double sided tape, its the same tape that Billet Tech uses for all their engine dress up parts to keep them secure.

Most stores that sell 3m tape will have the high heat version as well.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Adhesive question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adhesive question?   Adhesive question? I_icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2015, 1:13 pm

392SRT8 wrote:
3M makes a "High Heat" double sided tape, its the same tape that Billet Tech uses for all their engine dress up parts to keep them secure.

Most stores that sell 3m tape will have the high heat version as well.
Good info to know, i didnt know that shit existed.
Back to top Go down
Dre
CAMM Member
Dre

Adhesive question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adhesive question?   Adhesive question? I_icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2015, 4:37 pm

time to hit home depot. thank you
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

Adhesive question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adhesive question?   Adhesive question? I_icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2015, 5:29 pm

FYI a few of my BT pieces had tape fails. :/ Hopefully not the same for you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Adhesive question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adhesive question?   Adhesive question? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Adhesive question?
Page 1 of 1