Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SCAT PACK

Go down 
+3
LuvMusic
firestartr420
nolajunkie
7 posters
AuthorMessage
nolajunkie
CAMM Member

SCAT PACK Empty
PostSubject: SCAT PACK   SCAT PACK I_icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2014, 2:57 pm

I was looking at the stage 1 scat pack package for the 2014 Challenger and was wondering if anyone has seen one or installed one. I am trying to look up info on it and can only find that the cat back is made by borla. I read that it is supposed to be like the hellcat with an adjustable sound option but can not verify that. If anyone has installed one what kind of performance did you get out of it. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

SCAT PACK Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCAT PACK   SCAT PACK I_icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2014, 4:41 pm

stage 1 scat pack is just a cat back exhaust and cold air intake with a special name tagged on it for marketing...
Back to top Go down
LuvMusic
CAMM Member
LuvMusic

SCAT PACK Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCAT PACK   SCAT PACK I_icon_minitimeApril 8th 2016, 9:54 am

firestartr420 wrote:
stage 1 scat pack is just a cat back exhaust and cold air intake with a special name tagged on it for marketing...

Resurrecting this one.........................I ordered a Stage 1 Scat Pack for my 2015 Charger R/T and it has arrived and being installed on Monday.

In addition to what was mentioned above, the Stage 1 Scat Pack also comes with a performance PCM, so, it is a little more than what was mentioned.

I went this route because I'm lazy and it keeps my warranty in tact without any troubles. Also, I was concerned about the possibility of drone issues with other after-market exhausts and the current Stage 1 kits have a Borla cat back exhaust that is tweaked to address the drone issues.

We'll see what happens on Monday.
Back to top Go down
nolajunkie
CAMM Member

SCAT PACK Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCAT PACK   SCAT PACK I_icon_minitimeApril 8th 2016, 12:29 pm

I am interested to hear how you like it. I ended up getting a K&N cold air, but did purchase the Mopar cat back system over this winter. Got a great deal on a NOS from a local dealer. Still need to install it though. The PCM was the part I was really interested in. I don't want to mess up the warranty on mine either.
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

SCAT PACK Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCAT PACK   SCAT PACK I_icon_minitimeApril 12th 2016, 8:43 am

Here's the breakdown for all who's interested. Mopar switched to Corsa exhaust for the 2015 & up models. 2014 uses Borla. Looks like you'll be getting a Corsa Sport exhaust with the Stage 1 kit.

Scat Pack Stage 1 includes:
Mopar Branded Corsa Sport exhaust
Mopar short ram CAI
Mopar low resistance oil filter
Custom tuned ECU
2 Scat Pack Stage 1 emblems
$2,074.88
Back to top Go down
LuvMusic
CAMM Member
LuvMusic

SCAT PACK Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCAT PACK   SCAT PACK I_icon_minitimeApril 12th 2016, 10:30 am

So, my Stage 1 install is done......picked up my 2015 R/T last night, so not much pedal time yet. So far I am pleased with the result.

First the exhaust note. I don't know if it is a Corsa or a Borla, I'll rely on those who know more that I for that discussion. What I do know is that the exhaust note is much lower than the stock, especially with the CAI. Also a tad louder. You can definitely hear the difference but it is not "OMG" different like you would get by deleting the resonators.

This morning while commuting to work (about 25 miles) had a nice combination of street and highway driving, no drone. When I started the car this morning I did get a little exhaust buzz when the car was shifting into either 3rd or 4th gear....with the 8 speed transmission, hard to tell. After about 10 minutes and the car warming up, the buzz went away. I suspect the buzz will disappear completely once the exhaust breaks in. Dealership did a great job on the install, no bangs, clunks or weird vibrations (except for the cold engine buzz mentioned above).

When just cruising, the engine / exhaust is a little louder inside the car.....but not much. I don't have to turn-up the audio any louder to enjoy my music, so, that tells me the DB change is not great. When you jump on the gas pedal though, you are rewarded with a nice HEMI roar!

Tune was done by Arrow. At this point it is hard to evaluate any performance gains and I'm really not expecting too much. However, my butt barometer felt like there was a little more torque when jumping on the accelerator at about 30 mph when getting on the highway. Could be a placebo effect......or not!

The CAI looks bad-ass under the hood, especially with the strut tower brace and caps. I also suspect that the CAI is contributing to the more baritone sound.

I'll post some pics over the weekend....too much work to do until then. Good news is we're suppose to have dry weather through the weekend so I'll have the opportunity to drive hard and detail my Charger.

Overall I am pleased with the Stage 1 kit and believe I got what I expected.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

SCAT PACK Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCAT PACK   SCAT PACK I_icon_minitimeApril 12th 2016, 11:06 am

Kool, looking forward to pics
Back to top Go down
Jeebus
CAMM Member
Jeebus

SCAT PACK Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCAT PACK   SCAT PACK I_icon_minitimeApril 12th 2016, 12:29 pm

in for pics !
Back to top Go down
Blackbird
CAMM Member
Blackbird

SCAT PACK Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCAT PACK   SCAT PACK I_icon_minitimeApril 12th 2016, 10:59 pm

Need some audio of the exhaust too.
Back to top Go down
LuvMusic
CAMM Member
LuvMusic

SCAT PACK Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCAT PACK   SCAT PACK I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2016, 9:02 am

Update on the cold engine exhaust buzz I noted in my original post.......it is now gone! Doing some detail work today and mounting the "Bee's." Pics later. I'll try to record some video with the exhaust sound also.

Still pleased!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SCAT PACK Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCAT PACK   SCAT PACK I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SCAT PACK
Page 1 of 1