Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Heritage Potluck - March 28th - Streamwood, IL

Go down 
+11
Moparcharger07
jontoad
Razor
Blackbird
Tom C
AlterEgo
Shawn1112
MsScarlett
HiPwr
eviltrycycle
Dre
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

Heritage Potluck - March 28th - Streamwood, IL Empty
PostSubject: Heritage Potluck - March 28th - Streamwood, IL   Heritage Potluck - March 28th - Streamwood, IL I_icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2014, 9:22 am

Instead of a chili cookoff we have talked about doing a "heritage potluck."
A few people seemed interested so wanted to post it up to the group.

Still trying to figure out a date, looking to be in late March probably. Also looking for a place to hold it so if anyone wants to volunteer their place. *hint hint*

A heritage potluck is for anyone that wants to attend, just asking you to bring an appetizer, main dish, side dish, or dessert that represents part of your heritage.  We know how diverse everyone is so it should be an interesting mix of food.  Also bring whatever you would like to drink.

This is the same format that we normally do for modnights, I am sure it will still be too cold for a proper modnight but if its unusally warm the plans could shift slightly.

Once we have a location and date and time I will make another formal calendar entry so we can start up a list.

Last edited by eviltrycycle on December 21st 2015, 12:16 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Heritage Potluck - March 28th - Streamwood, IL   Heritage Potluck - March 28th - Streamwood, IL I_icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2014, 9:25 am

Also someone asked me is it limited to your own personal "melting pot" or can you use the region of this country you are from. Either is fine in my book. My bloodline is French, English, German, Scottish, Dutch, and Italian. As much as I know you all would like some quiche I am leaning towards my southern roots and I am thinking about a pork shoulder or something like that.

Any other questions please let me know.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Heritage Potluck - March 28th - Streamwood, IL   Heritage Potluck - March 28th - Streamwood, IL I_icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2014, 12:17 pm

We could host this, Tammy was just asking about this over the weekend.
Prefer to do it on a Saturday, and highly doubt we will make something Irish, Polish, French, Armanian, or Norwegian. It will probably be something hispanic or Italian
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Heritage Potluck - March 28th - Streamwood, IL   Heritage Potluck - March 28th - Streamwood, IL I_icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2014, 12:46 pm

Thanks dude! You guys rock. I was thinking a Saturday as well just a little later in the afternoon for the start time so if those that work on Saturday's wanted to try to come over after work they could. Let me look at dates and I will PM you my suggestions and you can tell me what works best.
Back to top Go down
Dre
CAMM Member
Dre

PostSubject: Re: Heritage Potluck - March 28th - Streamwood, IL   Heritage Potluck - March 28th - Streamwood, IL I_icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2014, 6:10 pm

I will make some coquito (puerto Rican eggnog) for a drink. I can make a mexican dish like bistec a la mexicana.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Heritage Potluck - March 28th - Streamwood, IL   Heritage Potluck - March 28th - Streamwood, IL I_icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2014, 6:35 pm

Ok here is the official post.

Date: Saturday, March 28, 2015
Time: 4 pm looking to eat around 5 pm, until Shawn kicks us out
Where: Shawn's house (PM me or him for address)

List of attendees and what they are bringing:
eviltrycycle - steaks with Bordelaise Sauce and Gratin Deuphinois (potatoes)
Shawn1112 - Mexican rice, taco salad, beer can chicken, and peanut butter pie
Dre - coquito (puerto Rican eggnog) for a drink and mexican dish like bistec a la mexicana
MsScarlett - mushroom soup
Firestartr420 and Maggie - potato pancakes and kilbasa
Blackbird - bratwurst
WICKEDSRT8 - swedish meatballs and egg noodles
Razor-
Jontoad -

Last edited by eviltrycycle on March 24th 2015, 7:55 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Heritage Potluck - March 28th - Streamwood, IL   Heritage Potluck - March 28th - Streamwood, IL I_icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2014, 7:06 pm

I make a mean nutraloaf.
Back to top Go down
MsScarlett
MsScarlett

PostSubject: Re: Heritage Potluck - March 28th - Streamwood, IL   Heritage Potluck - March 28th - Streamwood, IL I_icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2014, 7:29 pm

Count us in. Polish food...not sure what yet.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Heritage Potluck - March 28th - Streamwood, IL   Heritage Potluck - March 28th - Streamwood, IL I_icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2014, 8:13 pm

Love me some coquito
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: Heritage Potluck - March 28th - Streamwood, IL   Heritage Potluck - March 28th - Streamwood, IL I_icon_minitimeNovember 9th 2014, 8:26 pm

We are IN. I have no idea what we will be making but it will be good.

Back to top Go down
Tom C
CAMM Pro
Tom C

PostSubject: Re: Heritage Potluck - March 28th - Streamwood, IL   Heritage Potluck - March 28th - Streamwood, IL I_icon_minitimeNovember 10th 2014, 10:41 am

Count us in, wil figure out what to bring, How about white beans and corn bread?
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Heritage Potluck - March 28th - Streamwood, IL   Heritage Potluck - March 28th - Streamwood, IL I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2015, 8:34 pm

Ok we are still doing this. 28 days away. Let me know who all is in and what you are bringing.
Back to top Go down
MsScarlett
MsScarlett

PostSubject: Re: Heritage Potluck - March 28th - Streamwood, IL   Heritage Potluck - March 28th - Streamwood, IL I_icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2015, 8:26 am

Definitely want to do this, but with the kitchen demo starting this week it may be tricky. I might need to use your kitchen, Crystal. Smile

I would bring Mushroom soup. It's a Polish Christmas Eve tradition. Guess I would consider it an appetizer.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Heritage Potluck - March 28th - Streamwood, IL   Heritage Potluck - March 28th - Streamwood, IL I_icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2015, 1:47 pm

Not a problem. Wink
Back to top Go down
Blackbird
CAMM Member
Blackbird

PostSubject: Re: Heritage Potluck - March 28th - Streamwood, IL   Heritage Potluck - March 28th - Streamwood, IL I_icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2015, 2:39 pm

I'm in. Since I'm Polish and German, I'm thinking of kielbasa (polish sausage) and bratwurst. Also I may try my hand at home made horseradish for the first time. I'll probably whip up a macho version and a sissy version. Of course if it goes wrong, we might have to call in a hazmat team.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Heritage Potluck - March 28th - Streamwood, IL   Heritage Potluck - March 28th - Streamwood, IL I_icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2015, 4:13 pm

Food list updated with those that have told me for sure.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Heritage Potluck - March 28th - Streamwood, IL   Heritage Potluck - March 28th - Streamwood, IL I_icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2015, 6:11 pm

Tammy and I are both mutts so aren't making anything from our heritage. So we will make Mexican rice, taco salad, beer can chicken, and peanut butter pie
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Heritage Potluck - March 28th - Streamwood, IL   Heritage Potluck - March 28th - Streamwood, IL I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2015, 4:42 pm

Mexican Rice and Taco salad now I am happy!

List updated. Only 23 more days. Hope to see a lot more of you all there.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Heritage Potluck - March 28th - Streamwood, IL   Heritage Potluck - March 28th - Streamwood, IL I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2015, 4:43 pm

And if you do not want to cook or can't buying something from the store and bringing it is fine. Just come hang out the weather is getting better!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Heritage Potluck - March 28th - Streamwood, IL   Heritage Potluck - March 28th - Streamwood, IL I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2015, 5:04 pm

Might be able to knock out a few small mods. Just let me know ahead of time and I will turn the heat on in the garage early so it's warm
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Heritage Potluck - March 28th - Streamwood, IL   Heritage Potluck - March 28th - Streamwood, IL I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2015, 5:06 pm

Sweet. Thanks for that offer!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Heritage Potluck - March 28th - Streamwood, IL   Heritage Potluck - March 28th - Streamwood, IL I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2015, 5:08 pm

Need a reason to drink
Back to top Go down
MsScarlett
MsScarlett

PostSubject: Re: Heritage Potluck - March 28th - Streamwood, IL   Heritage Potluck - March 28th - Streamwood, IL I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2015, 6:22 pm

That's cool, thanks Shawn. Right now I only have my lowering springs to put on and Adam's doing those, plus I think that would be considered a "big" mod or at least very time consuming. LOL Hmmm, what else can I come up with? Really looking forward to just hanging out with everyone.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Heritage Potluck - March 28th - Streamwood, IL   Heritage Potluck - March 28th - Streamwood, IL I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2015, 6:29 pm

MsScarlett wrote:
That's cool, thanks Shawn.  Right now I only have my lowering springs to put on and Adam's doing those, plus I think that would be considered a "big" mod or at least very time consuming.  LOL  Hmmm, what else can I come up with?  Really looking forward to just hanging out with everyone.
Sweet, what springs did u go with?
Back to top Go down
MsScarlett
MsScarlett

PostSubject: Re: Heritage Potluck - March 28th - Streamwood, IL   Heritage Potluck - March 28th - Streamwood, IL I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2015, 6:36 pm

Eibach Pro's
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heritage Potluck - March 28th - Streamwood, IL   Heritage Potluck - March 28th - Streamwood, IL I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heritage Potluck - March 28th - Streamwood, IL
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next