Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hellcat Charger Livestream Event

Go down 
+3
jamesv82
Shawn1112
eviltrycycle
7 posters
AuthorMessage
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

Hellcat Charger Livestream Event Empty
PostSubject: Hellcat Charger Livestream Event   Hellcat Charger Livestream Event I_icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2014, 10:30 am

Watched the Hellcat Charger get revealed about an hour ago.

Things I learned from the reveal and Q and A after:

- I still don't like the looks of the car but its cool what they did
- 707 hp  11.0 in the quarter, top speed 204
- yes its faster then the Chally, 4 Doors unite!
- its 100 lbs heavier then the Chally (4500 lbs)
- it will not be sold until the first quarter in 2015
- Chally orders will start this month
- there is not a limit of 1200 Challys and that rumor REALLY pissed SRT off
- they are not putting this into a Dart
- they would not say it wasn't going anywhere else so I am thinking 300 will happen, hope it does
- eventually could be plug and play for older years but they want to get the cars built first
- Valet mode is pretty cool
- reporters ask some really dumbass questions
- I want to work for SRT
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Hellcat Charger Livestream Event   Hellcat Charger Livestream Event I_icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2014, 12:22 pm

Note to self:
Play the lottery and win!
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

PostSubject: Re: Hellcat Charger Livestream Event   Hellcat Charger Livestream Event I_icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2014, 12:35 pm

^^^^def
Back to top Go down
kermit
CAMM Pro
kermit

PostSubject: Re: Hellcat Charger Livestream Event   Hellcat Charger Livestream Event I_icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2014, 12:51 pm

The looks have grown on me some, but hell I already own a Fart. MA had a nice marketing picture set of a white one.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1093849_2015-dodge-charger-srt-hellcat-is-worlds-most-powerful-sedan?fbfanpage

The thought of this engine in a Dart is really funny. I told John at Bosak last month that if they really want to be like Mr. Norm, they needed to figure out a way to jam an 5.7L Hemi into a Dart. Then it really would be along the lines of the old GSS editions.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Hellcat Charger Livestream Event   Hellcat Charger Livestream Event I_icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2014, 1:12 pm

When they asked him about it going in the Dart he was like NO. He was very straight forward with that answer but when pushed about others (ie the 300) he started dancing.

Back to top Go down
kermit
CAMM Pro
kermit

PostSubject: Re: Hellcat Charger Livestream Event   Hellcat Charger Livestream Event I_icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2014, 1:16 pm

Not enough room. The engine bay of the Dart with the 1.4L is already really cramped.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Hellcat Charger Livestream Event   Hellcat Charger Livestream Event I_icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2014, 2:47 pm

Oh yeah when they showed the whole engine I was like where the heck would they put it in the Dart.
Back to top Go down
Blackbird
CAMM Member
Blackbird

PostSubject: Re: Hellcat Charger Livestream Event   Hellcat Charger Livestream Event I_icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2014, 7:47 pm

They really nailed it. I'm even liking the front end. Still a 11.0 quarter mile on street tires, 0-60 in 3.7 seconds and a 204 MPH top end, will go a long way to making up for a so-so design (which I don't think this is). If I didn't like AWD so much, I'd be spending a lot of sleepless nights trying to figure out how I could justify getting one. LOL
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Hellcat Charger Livestream Event   Hellcat Charger Livestream Event I_icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2014, 7:51 pm

I'm also liking it front end included. Would love to see how this or Chally would do in the half mile shootout
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Hellcat Charger Livestream Event   Hellcat Charger Livestream Event I_icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2014, 9:22 pm

Both pretty cool. Put it in a Dart? Bwaaaha. Yeah a '68 Dart.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Hellcat Charger Livestream Event   Hellcat Charger Livestream Event I_icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2014, 9:58 pm

i want it really bad. i can't afford it.

just to sum it up for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Hellcat Charger Livestream Event   Hellcat Charger Livestream Event I_icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2014, 9:06 am

There is a huge cool factor in either platform, but I am already sitting here with all of my eggs in one basket. I also can't afford another one. I don't even want one. Can you imagine the horrible things I would do to it, lol.
Back to top Go down
Blackbird
CAMM Member
Blackbird

PostSubject: Re: Hellcat Charger Livestream Event   Hellcat Charger Livestream Event I_icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2014, 12:34 pm

I got a feeling you'd have to drive it in valet mode around here all winter no matter what tires you had on it.
Back to top Go down
kermit
CAMM Pro
kermit

PostSubject: Re: Hellcat Charger Livestream Event   Hellcat Charger Livestream Event I_icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2014, 5:29 pm

Blackbird wrote:
I got a feeling you'd have to drive it in valet mode around here all winter no matter what tires you had on it.

You'd drive beautiful machines such as these throw the slush and road salt of winter here?

Kick em Crystal!
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Hellcat Charger Livestream Event   Hellcat Charger Livestream Event I_icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2014, 9:12 pm

I drive mine year round. :sadface:
Back to top Go down
Blackbird
CAMM Member
Blackbird

PostSubject: Re: Hellcat Charger Livestream Event   Hellcat Charger Livestream Event I_icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2014, 11:48 pm

kermit wrote:
Blackbird wrote:

You'd drive beautiful machines such as these throw the slush and road salt of winter here?

Kick em Crystal!
Chargers are tough beasts. They can take it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hellcat Charger Livestream Event   Hellcat Charger Livestream Event I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hellcat Charger Livestream Event
Page 1 of 1