Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Night at the drive in

Go down 
+4
firestartr420
MsScarlett
Shawn1112
eviltrycycle
8 posters
AuthorMessage
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

Night at the drive in Empty
PostSubject: Night at the drive in   Night at the drive in I_icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2014, 11:25 am

http://touch.groupon.com/deals/cascade-drive-in-6

Going to plan a drive in night in August, just don't know when since it will depend on the movies playing. But here is a groupon deal for where it will be held.

Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Night at the drive in   Night at the drive in I_icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2014, 12:01 pm

Fuck yeah, we are in. Tammy and I were just talking about going there.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Night at the drive in   Night at the drive in I_icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2014, 12:24 pm

I looked at movies opening in August and September and really the only one of interest is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and that opens the 8th.  They update the movies playing the same week so its going to be a week of decision.  But right now I'm leaning towards the 9th even though there is a show I want to go to the next day.  But it doesn't add start til like 11am.
Back to top Go down
MsScarlett
MsScarlett

PostSubject: Re: Night at the drive in   Night at the drive in I_icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2014, 1:19 pm

Sounds like fun!
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Night at the drive in   Night at the drive in I_icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2014, 5:51 pm

Maggie's been wanting to go to a drive in so this would be perfect! im down
Back to top Go down
392SRT8
CAMM Member
392SRT8

PostSubject: Re: Night at the drive in   Night at the drive in I_icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2014, 10:25 pm

Sold out!!! Sad
Back to top Go down
moros323
CAMM Pro
moros323

PostSubject: Re: Night at the drive in   Night at the drive in I_icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2014, 10:40 pm

You should try the route 34 drive inn in earlville way better no gravel it's grass and real food like shrimp dinner with a salad and tons of other great food made fresh on the grill. First weekend in Aug is Guardians of the Galaxy and CA and the winter soldier...
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Night at the drive in   Night at the drive in I_icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2014, 5:59 am

You are more then welcome to set up an event.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Night at the drive in   Night at the drive in I_icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2014, 6:00 am

392SRT8 wrote:
Sold out!!! Sad

I'll watch to see if they release more.
Back to top Go down
moparmarc
CAMM Pro
moparmarc

PostSubject: Re: Night at the drive in   Night at the drive in I_icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2014, 2:33 pm

If anyone is interested, another couple car clubs do a drive in night a few times a year up in Mchenry drive in, (Just a Few blocks from Jackie's home) I thought id pass the invite along. Aug 16th
We can bring dishes to pass before the movie, make a picknick style. They of course also have a good size concessions stand. They don't know what movies are playing as of yet, but will be some old car flicks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark your calendars for SATURDAY, AUGUST 16TH and spread the word as we will have our second Car Club Drive-In Movie Night at the McHenry Outdoor Theater of the season!!

As mentioned before, these outings has proven to be very popular with fellow members, as well as non-club members who enjoy seeing the classic rides like back in the heyday of the drive-in! We plan on having one more, tentatively for SEPTEMBER 6TH!

We are unsure what movies will be playing August 16th, but we will continue to checkout the theater's website for more info and once we know, I can post it. Regardless, we're hoping for a great turnout and we hope a lot of you will join us for a great time!! In the event of inclement weather, the rain date will be SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 6TH, in which we hope to be able to convince the owner of the theater to possibly show a couple of back to back car flicks as part of it's Throwback Nights!

Tickets are $10 for adults, $5 for kids (11 and under) and seniors.

Details at a Glance:
Event: Car Clubs Drive-In Movie Night at the McHenry Outdoor Theater

Date: Saturday, August 16th
Time: 9pm

Location: McHenry Outdoor Theater, 1510 Chapel Hill Road, McHenry, IL 60050
Website: http://www.goldenagecinemas.com/McHenry_Outdoor_Theater.html

Back to top Go down
moros323
CAMM Pro
moros323

PostSubject: Re: Night at the drive in   Night at the drive in I_icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2014, 5:00 pm

Oh sorry wasn't thinking didn't mean to step on your thing...I just have experienced both places and the rt 34 wins hands down. I like it because you also don't get gravel dust all over your ride.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Night at the drive in   Night at the drive in I_icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2014, 8:02 pm

The 16th is open now Marc if you want make an event and we can just go there. That is the theater that we helped get a new projector in that Facebook contest.
Back to top Go down
Tom C
CAMM Pro
Tom C

PostSubject: Re: Night at the drive in   Night at the drive in I_icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2014, 4:29 pm

Sounds like fun
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Night at the drive in   Night at the drive in I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Night at the drive in
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: Around Chicagoland :: Past Events Archives-
Jump to: