Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Braided Hosing

Go down 
+2
funkpolice
WideSpicy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
WideSpicy
CAMM Pro
WideSpicy

Black Braided Hosing Empty
PostSubject: Black Braided Hosing   Black Braided Hosing I_icon_minitimeMay 1st 2014, 10:16 am

Anyone know of a local place where I can pick up black braided hose or a sleeve kit to wrap a hose?

Need to do my CAI hose, seen a bunch of places online but wanted to see if anyone knew of a local store that sold it.
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: Black Braided Hosing   Black Braided Hosing I_icon_minitimeMay 1st 2014, 10:33 am

mcmaster carr is local, but I don't know if you can actually go there and buy something. They have just about everything, and shipping is super fast.

bill
Back to top Go down
WideSpicy
CAMM Pro
WideSpicy

PostSubject: Re: Black Braided Hosing   Black Braided Hosing I_icon_minitimeMay 1st 2014, 11:14 am

oh well, just called Billet Tech and Heidi got it done, have to wait a few days, but it'll be good to go for the Mo-Power show in 2 weeks
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Black Braided Hosing   Black Braided Hosing I_icon_minitimeMay 1st 2014, 4:45 pm

mcmaster carr is great, but they are shipping only... no branch or store location to visit...
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Black Braided Hosing   Black Braided Hosing I_icon_minitimeMay 1st 2014, 9:13 pm

WideSpicy wrote:
oh well, just called Billet Tech and Heidi got it done, have to wait a few days, but it'll be good to go for the Mo-Power show in 2 weeks
Not too crazy about BT black braided hose. Google is your best friend. I was looking for some last week and found a shit ton on Google. I will be ordering some in the next month
Back to top Go down
RT!st!C
CAMM Pro
RT!st!C

PostSubject: Re: Black Braided Hosing   Black Braided Hosing I_icon_minitimeMay 1st 2014, 9:29 pm

Just got some of that for catch can, its kinda cheap looking. It definitely looks better in the photo on the bt website.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Black Braided Hosing   Black Braided Hosing I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2014, 6:06 am

RT!st!C wrote:
Just got some of that for catch can, its kinda cheap looking. It definitely looks better in the photo on the bt website.
Exactly my thought bro.
Back to top Go down
ekaz
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: Black Braided Hosing   Black Braided Hosing I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2014, 9:18 am

I have a couple pieces from a catch can that I didn't use if you want it.
Back to top Go down
WideSpicy
CAMM Pro
WideSpicy

PostSubject: Re: Black Braided Hosing   Black Braided Hosing I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2014, 10:34 am

Thanks Bro, I should have everything tomorrow from BT, i'll let you know
Back to top Go down
WideSpicy
CAMM Pro
WideSpicy

PostSubject: Re: Black Braided Hosing   Black Braided Hosing I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2014, 7:09 pm

Those hoses suck. Lol. Shawn,dead on. Cheap cloth braiding and what an order getting them to fit on the CAI nipple. Not happening
Back to top Go down
ekaz
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: Black Braided Hosing   Black Braided Hosing I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2014, 8:59 am

Run a breather filter on the head and plug the CAI nipple. Look cleaner.
Back to top Go down
WideSpicy
CAMM Pro
WideSpicy

PostSubject: Re: Black Braided Hosing   Black Braided Hosing I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2014, 9:43 am

thats what im planning on now, still have the braided catch can hoses laying around? lol
Back to top Go down
ekaz
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: Black Braided Hosing   Black Braided Hosing I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2014, 10:05 am

I do, sitting on the floor next to my desk.
Back to top Go down
WideSpicy
CAMM Pro
WideSpicy

PostSubject: Re: Black Braided Hosing   Black Braided Hosing I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2014, 10:34 am

let me know, ill take it.....
Back to top Go down
WideSpicy
CAMM Pro
WideSpicy

PostSubject: Re: Black Braided Hosing   Black Braided Hosing I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2014, 10:34 am

u wouldn't happen to know the specs on the breather would u
Back to top Go down
ekaz
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: Black Braided Hosing   Black Braided Hosing I_icon_minitimeMay 6th 2014, 10:27 pm

Just saw this. Let me know when you want to grab it. As for the breather, I just picked up one I thought was decent from autozone or whatever and opened up the hole if I needed to. I think it needs to be a 1/2" but not positive.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Black Braided Hosing   Black Braided Hosing I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2014, 12:25 pm

Breathers are too small, as Ekaz said you just open the hole a bit. I use a drill bit to do it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Braided Hosing   Black Braided Hosing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Braided Hosing
Page 1 of 1