Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I finally got my race wheels!!

Go down 
+3
Shawn1112
MsScarlett
funkpolice
7 posters
AuthorMessage
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

I finally got my race wheels!! Empty
PostSubject: I finally got my race wheels!!   I finally got my race wheels!! I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2014, 6:19 pm

I finally got my race wheels!! IMG_2480_zps70358f5e

These things are soft as hell.  I suspect Discount bent one mounting the slicks, but I can't be sure.  It's a small bend that neither I or the guy there saw before the tire was on, but it's there now.  Then I put a knick in one putting them in the rack in my garage. No   All I need now is an oil change and I'm all set.

bill
Back to top Go down
MsScarlett
MsScarlett

PostSubject: Re: I finally got my race wheels!!   I finally got my race wheels!! I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2014, 6:34 pm

Those are really cool looking. Smile
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: I finally got my race wheels!!   I finally got my race wheels!! I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2014, 6:37 pm

Wtf?? Why didn't u get some chrome 26's???
They look good bro. Are they the same ones Tom has?
After my trans, I'm thinking about a drag set up of some sorts.
I already know with the 3200 stall I'm going to blow these fucking tires off on a launch
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: I finally got my race wheels!!   I finally got my race wheels!! I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2014, 6:59 pm

I think Tom has 15" bogarts. these are 17" welds. Are running in 4 wheels drive?
Back to top Go down
Yuro
CAMM Pro
Yuro

PostSubject: Re: I finally got my race wheels!!   I finally got my race wheels!! I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2014, 7:24 pm

Those Discount Tire guys(or should i say kids) put some circular rash on my Alcoas, Im done with them
Those wheels look good, lots of rubber to burn!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: I finally got my race wheels!!   I finally got my race wheels!! I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2014, 8:25 pm

Yes I'm running in 4wd
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: I finally got my race wheels!!   I finally got my race wheels!! I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2014, 8:28 pm

so would you go with DRs on all 4 wheels?
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: I finally got my race wheels!!   I finally got my race wheels!! I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2014, 9:02 pm

No just rears. At my current power level the rear would be sufficient. Wouldn't mind doing a wavetrac in the rear too.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: I finally got my race wheels!!   I finally got my race wheels!! I_icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2014, 3:27 pm

Shawn just disconnect the front drive shaft on the transfer case. Bill, slicks on race wheels should always only be mounted by hand.
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: I finally got my race wheels!!   I finally got my race wheels!! I_icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2014, 5:18 pm

literally by hand, or is there some kind of tool?
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: I finally got my race wheels!!   I finally got my race wheels!! I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2014, 6:34 am

It's just best to use a clip on chuck when you mount them, and do it yourself. I would trust Jontoad on an automatic tire mounting machine, because he knows how to mount them without damaging the wheel.
Back to top Go down
BigM
CAMM Pro
BigM

PostSubject: Re: I finally got my race wheels!!   I finally got my race wheels!! I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2014, 6:37 am

Those really "look the business" so to speak. Very nice.
Back to top Go down
ekaz
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: I finally got my race wheels!!   I finally got my race wheels!! I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2014, 9:12 am

Shawn, pull the tcase motor and you can run in 2wd.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: I finally got my race wheels!!   I finally got my race wheels!! I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2014, 12:31 pm

ekaz wrote:
Shawn, pull the tcase motor and you can run in 2wd.
Not sure if that would help me get out of the whole faster than if i keep it in awd????
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: I finally got my race wheels!!   I finally got my race wheels!! I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2014, 6:17 pm

It would. A lot less parasitic loss.
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: I finally got my race wheels!!   I finally got my race wheels!! I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2014, 6:24 pm

I'd say it's worth a shot, but if you can't hook on 2 wheels then obviously it's not worth it. I know you were talking about doing it last year and it sounded like an easy switch.

bill
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: I finally got my race wheels!!   I finally got my race wheels!! I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2014, 7:30 pm

Very easy, 4) 10mm bolts, all of about 5 minutes. I would definitely need a rear drag set up prior to doing that. Don't want to drive around with tires that have a huge tread depth difference which I will have from heating up the rears. Will blow the transfer case like that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I finally got my race wheels!!   I finally got my race wheels!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I finally got my race wheels!!
Page 1 of 1