Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Camm Concealed Carry Class

Go down 
+7
AlterEgo
jamesv82
ekaz
Shawn1112
eviltrycycle
HiPwr
Pomps
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pomps
CAMM Pro
Pomps

Camm Concealed Carry Class Empty
PostSubject: Camm Concealed Carry Class   Camm Concealed Carry Class I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2014, 6:39 pm

Hey everyone. I hate to come on here and seem like a leech. I haven't been around in awhile due to things being extremely busy at work. Although I have kept in touch with many of you via text and Facebook. I had a few members ask me about the concealed carry course at my work. I am one of the instructors and have negotiated to host a Camm only class. Normally the class is $300 dollars out of door, but for Camm members its only $285 out the door. I wish I could charge less, but there is so much overhead involved. I can accommodate a group of ten at once. The class is broken up into two days. The first day, there is no FOID card required. The second day does require a FOID card. If you do not have one, I can help you acquire one. I have the Camm Class scheduled for June 7th and 8th, a Saturday and Sunday. Classes will be held at my work, The Gun Doctor in Roselle. If anyone would like to sign up, PM me. If anyone has questions, post them here so everyone can see the answer. I need payment in full by May 15th to save your spot. Thanks 'folks!
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Camm Concealed Carry Class   Camm Concealed Carry Class I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2014, 6:43 pm

What's the cost for the second day only?
Back to top Go down
Pomps
CAMM Pro
Pomps

PostSubject: Re: Camm Concealed Carry Class   Camm Concealed Carry Class I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2014, 6:47 pm

Eric, long time no talk. Hope all is well my friend. If anyone is retired military and has an original copy of their DD214, bring it to me on the second day and you get to skip the first day. I stress, I need the ORIGINAL copy. You will only be required to do an eight hour class. The price of the eight hour class is $200 out the door. This also apply's to anyone with a NRA Basic Pistol Certificate. If you take the first day with me, you will receive the NRA Basic Pistol Certificate upon successful completion.
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Camm Concealed Carry Class   Camm Concealed Carry Class I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2014, 7:19 pm

I don't know what you mean by original. They give you a shitload of copies when you separate and I've never had an issue using one of them (even with the state of IL and federal agencies I won't name).

Also - you don't have to be retired, just honorably discharged to skip the first day.
Back to top Go down
Pomps
CAMM Pro
Pomps

PostSubject: Re: Camm Concealed Carry Class   Camm Concealed Carry Class I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2014, 7:22 pm

As long as someone doesn't show me a photo of it, I need it in my hand. Yes active military qualify, I shouldn't have assumed otherwise.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Camm Concealed Carry Class   Camm Concealed Carry Class I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2014, 9:17 pm

Added to the calendar per your request Pomps. I can't make those days but thanks for putting this together.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Camm Concealed Carry Class   Camm Concealed Carry Class I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2014, 6:06 am

So does this $285 give me everything needed to CC? Or do I still have to go do fingerprints and all kinds of bullshit paperwork? So I gues what I'm asking is, what other steps have to be taken after this class to CC???
Back to top Go down
ekaz
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: Camm Concealed Carry Class   Camm Concealed Carry Class I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2014, 8:52 am

Shawn,
You still need to pay the state $250 I think for the CC itself. Not sure if he's including fingerprints. I may be in for this.
Back to top Go down
Pomps
CAMM Pro
Pomps

PostSubject: Re: Camm Concealed Carry Class   Camm Concealed Carry Class I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2014, 8:59 am

The 285 is for the class. We will be able to process finger prints onsite for an additional 60 dollars. Fingerprints are not required, but are strongly recommended. They immensely speed up the process. After you complete the class, all you have to do is fill out the application on the Illinois State Police website. We provide passport photo's for an additional ten dollars if you need one.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Camm Concealed Carry Class   Camm Concealed Carry Class I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2014, 12:12 pm

So we still have to pay the $250 like Ekaz said?
Back to top Go down
Pomps
CAMM Pro
Pomps

PostSubject: Re: Camm Concealed Carry Class   Camm Concealed Carry Class I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2014, 12:16 pm

Its only 150 for 5 years. After 5 years you come see me again for a 3 hour renewal course.
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

PostSubject: Re: Camm Concealed Carry Class   Camm Concealed Carry Class I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2014, 1:48 pm

Whats the process from someone out of sate, Indiana, that has an IN carry permit?
Back to top Go down
Pomps
CAMM Pro
Pomps

PostSubject: Re: Camm Concealed Carry Class   Camm Concealed Carry Class I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2014, 2:00 pm

Good question. The class itself is the same price. However, the Illinois permit will cost you $300 for 5 years opposed to $150 for residents. Unfortunately, even though you have an Indiana carry permit, you still have to do the full 16 hours. Here is an excerpt from the Illinois State Police website regarding eligibility for non residents:

NON-RESIDENTS

I am at least 21 years old.
I have not been convicted of any Felony.
I have not been adjudicated as a mental defective by a court of law.
I have not been involuntarily committed to a facility for the purpose of mental health treatment.
I have not been admitted as a voluntary patient in a facility for the purpose of mental health treatment within the past 5 years.
I have not been addicted to narcotics.
I am not intellectually disabled or developmentally disabled.
I am not subject to any active Order of Protection.
I have not within the past 5 years been convicted of battery, assault, aggravated assault, violation of an order of protection, or a substantially similar offense in which a firearm was used or possessed.
I have not been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic battery or substantially similar offense.
I have not been adjudicated a delinquent minor for the commission of an offense that if committed by an adult would be a felony.
I have not been convicted or found guilty of a misdemeanor involving the threat of physical force or violence to any person within the past 5 years.
I do not have 2 or more violations related to driving while under the influence of alcohol, other drugs, intoxicating compounds within the past 5 years.
I am not subject to a pending arrest warrant, prosecution or proceeding for an offense or action that could lead to disqualification to own or possess a firearm.
I have not been in a residential or court-ordered treatment for alcoholism, alcohol detoxification, or drug treatment within the past 5 years.
You may be eligible if you satisfy the above and no objections are filed by law enforcement.
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: Camm Concealed Carry Class   Camm Concealed Carry Class I_icon_minitimeApril 17th 2014, 2:42 pm

I really want to do this but am not sure of the dates, if I can make it.

So, just because I'm thoroughly confused now, the price...TOTAL....is $285 +$60 Correct?
Back to top Go down
Pomps
CAMM Pro
Pomps

PostSubject: Re: Camm Concealed Carry Class   Camm Concealed Carry Class I_icon_minitimeApril 17th 2014, 2:45 pm

If the dates do not work out, we can reschedule. If the dates do not work for you, make it clear in this thread and I will work something out. The total price of the class is $285. I recommend doing your fingerprints for the extra $60. So yes you would be correct. The state then requires an application fee of $150 when you apply. Also, Nick can come to the first half too. Once hes 21, he can come do the second half.
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: Camm Concealed Carry Class   Camm Concealed Carry Class I_icon_minitimeApril 17th 2014, 2:51 pm

Thanks for the clarification. I will let you know either on here or via FB.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Camm Concealed Carry Class   Camm Concealed Carry Class I_icon_minitimeApril 17th 2014, 5:19 pm

Ok bro. So what is the total cost everything included, fingerprints and all the other shit? Shit seems to be adding up.

Last edited by Shawn1112 on April 17th 2014, 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pomps
CAMM Pro
Pomps

PostSubject: Re: Camm Concealed Carry Class   Camm Concealed Carry Class I_icon_minitimeApril 17th 2014, 5:42 pm

Here is the simplified breakdown:

16 Hour Course (Money paid to me, mandatory)- $285
Finger Prints (Money paid to me, optional)- $60
Application Fee (Money paid to state)- $150

Grand Total: $495.00 (If fingerprinted)

The 16 hour course and fingerprints is a one time cost. Then every 5 years you will renew for $150 through the state, it breaks down to $30 dollars a year. You will also need a 3 hour renewal course.

Last edited by Pomps on April 17th 2014, 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Camm Concealed Carry Class   Camm Concealed Carry Class I_icon_minitimeApril 17th 2014, 8:39 pm

But yeah if I can swing the $500 by then I'm in. Doubt it with having to buy a trans, so maybe later in the summer for me
Back to top Go down
moparmarc
CAMM Pro
moparmarc

PostSubject: Re: Camm Concealed Carry Class   Camm Concealed Carry Class I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2014, 4:52 pm

IL sucks! $500 we pay for our 2nd Amendment right... Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Camm Concealed Carry Class   Camm Concealed Carry Class I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2014, 5:41 pm

moparmarc wrote:
IL sucks! $500 we pay for our 2nd Amendment right... Evil or Very Mad 

and all just to have to leave it in your vehicle, because places won't allow you to carry your firearm inside.
Back to top Go down
KevinDSClark
CAMM Pro
KevinDSClark

PostSubject: Re: Camm Concealed Carry Class   Camm Concealed Carry Class I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2014, 7:24 pm

Not trying to step on any toes but just wanted to let people know a couple of things from when I did mine.

Number one from the IL website

"Upon receipt of a qualified application, Illinois State Police (ISP) will issue or deny the applicant within 90 or 120 days depending on the submission of fingerprints. During the review process, ISP will send notifications on key status changes to the supplied email, and send correspondence via U.S. mail to the applicant’s home address. Law enforcement personnel throughout the state of Illinois have a 30-day period to object to submitted applications. In doing so, a board dedicated to reviewing objections will make a final decision to affirm or not the totality of objections submitted. Once the period for review has elapsed, ISP will prepare, print and send the Conceal Carry License to the license holder’s current address."

And from personal experience, submission of prints makes no difference. People who submitted prints don't have cards yet and people who didn't, have theirs. Save the money. Remember that the state does not want you to be able to exercise you 2nd amendment right so they will drag their feet as long as possible just like they do with the FOID and there are no ramifications if the State fails to meet their own goals.  

Second is that this is an online application and does not need to be submitted like the FOID card so there is no need for a passport photo, since you upload the image directly to the website. Take a picture with any digital camera (most phones will work for this as well). Again save the money.
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Camm Concealed Carry Class   Camm Concealed Carry Class I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2014, 7:43 pm

Good info, Kevin. And I don't know why they want a picture at all. Last time I re-upped the FOID, I sent in a photo and it came back with my driver's license picture. Maybe for the new photo was for comparison or just because of bureaucratic dumbassery.
Back to top Go down
KevinDSClark
CAMM Pro
KevinDSClark

PostSubject: Re: Camm Concealed Carry Class   Camm Concealed Carry Class I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2014, 7:47 pm

HiPwr wrote:
Good info, Kevin.  And I don't know why they want a picture at all.  Last time I re-upped the FOID, I sent in a photo and it came back with my driver's license picture.  Maybe for the new photo was for comparison or just because of bureaucratic dumbassery.

Thank you and the photo is just for comparison the card will be printed with your DL pic.
Back to top Go down
BoostedSRT
CAMM Rookie
BoostedSRT

PostSubject: Re: Camm Concealed Carry Class   Camm Concealed Carry Class I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2014, 8:59 pm

Price is steep. I can do a camm class for $275 which covers live scan fingerprinting and range fee for shooting test as long as we have a decent sized group. Normal price is $300 with all the above included.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Camm Concealed Carry Class   Camm Concealed Carry Class I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Camm Concealed Carry Class
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: Around Chicagoland :: Past Events Archives-
Jump to: