Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Window Film Quotes & Questions

Go down 
+8
funkpolice
BrightSilverHEMI
Shawn1112
HiPwr
moaugust88
trasshcan
jamesv82
Tint To U Guy
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tint To U Guy
CAMM Member

Window Film Quotes & Questions Empty
PostSubject: Window Film Quotes & Questions   Window Film Quotes & Questions I_icon_minitimeJanuary 31st 2014, 3:10 pm

Thread for all of your questions you might have about window film itself, the law, shades/colors of film, quotes, etc.

Please post in regards to ONLY automotive window film!
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

PostSubject: Re: Window Film Quotes & Questions   Window Film Quotes & Questions I_icon_minitimeJanuary 31st 2014, 4:34 pm

I have a question.

I currently have an '08 Charger that has 15% that I want removed and replaced with 5% on all 4 doors and back window. Would you be able to do that and how much would you charge if I come to your shop in Orland Park?
Back to top Go down
Tint To U Guy
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: Window Film Quotes & Questions   Window Film Quotes & Questions I_icon_minitimeJanuary 31st 2014, 4:42 pm

Is the film that's being removed on all 4 doors and back window?

Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

PostSubject: Re: Window Film Quotes & Questions   Window Film Quotes & Questions I_icon_minitimeJanuary 31st 2014, 5:52 pm

yes
Back to top Go down
Tint To U Guy
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: Window Film Quotes & Questions   Window Film Quotes & Questions I_icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2014, 12:25 am

All CAMM members get discounted rates for your rides.

To tint 4door car is $225.00

As far as cost for removal of film goes there isn't a set price. $10-15 per door and depending on the difficulty and time it takes to strip the rear window, $100-200. An easy back window takes about an hour to strip film/glue off.
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

PostSubject: Re: Window Film Quotes & Questions   Window Film Quotes & Questions I_icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2014, 10:52 am

Thanks for getting back to me. I'll definitely let you know when I'm ready
Back to top Go down
trasshcan
CAMM Member
trasshcan

PostSubject: Re: Window Film Quotes & Questions   Window Film Quotes & Questions I_icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2014, 11:15 am

tint makes car look great. Very Happy Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

PostSubject: Re: Window Film Quotes & Questions   Window Film Quotes & Questions I_icon_minitimeFebruary 2nd 2014, 3:29 pm

What brand are you currently using on the cars? Lumar or 3M? I've been thinking about tint for my 300 but want a quality film.
Back to top Go down
Tint To U Guy
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: Window Film Quotes & Questions   Window Film Quotes & Questions I_icon_minitimeFebruary 3rd 2014, 11:52 am

We use Llumar high performance and Llumar cermaic films.

LIFETIME warranty on the film and the installation. (Only things we do cover is if you get into an accident and window breaks or you scratch/tear the film.)
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

PostSubject: Re: Window Film Quotes & Questions   Window Film Quotes & Questions I_icon_minitimeFebruary 3rd 2014, 5:58 pm

And you have my attention for the summer mod.
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Window Film Quotes & Questions   Window Film Quotes & Questions I_icon_minitimeMay 29th 2014, 7:26 pm

Two doors on a Wrangler and I come to Orland Park.
Back to top Go down
Tint To U Guy
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: Window Film Quotes & Questions   Window Film Quotes & Questions I_icon_minitimeMay 30th 2014, 8:35 am

Front doors is $80.00
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Window Film Quotes & Questions   Window Film Quotes & Questions I_icon_minitimeJune 12th 2014, 7:34 pm

Thanks for the good job. You have a professional operation going there.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Window Film Quotes & Questions   Window Film Quotes & Questions I_icon_minitimeJune 12th 2014, 8:54 pm

Pics?
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Window Film Quotes & Questions   Window Film Quotes & Questions I_icon_minitimeJune 14th 2014, 10:54 am

Shawn1112 wrote:
Pics?

Okay, my Winter beater with tinting all around. I only had them do the front and asked them to match the back.

Window Film Quotes & Questions Jeep
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Window Film Quotes & Questions   Window Film Quotes & Questions I_icon_minitimeJune 14th 2014, 11:46 am

Good looking Jeep bro
Back to top Go down
BrightSilverHEMI
CAMM Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Window Film Quotes & Questions   Window Film Quotes & Questions I_icon_minitimeJune 14th 2014, 2:51 pm

Hey, so I have to ask, how much would it be for us to get 20% on the side and rear windows of our 2009 Challenger if we drive to your shop vs. you coming to us in Streator, il, 61364. Very interested so let me know as I really want them done soon with quality tint like you use, thanks.
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: Window Film Quotes & Questions   Window Film Quotes & Questions I_icon_minitimeJune 14th 2014, 9:31 pm

that's a sharp looking beater.

bill
Back to top Go down
Tint To U Guy
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: Window Film Quotes & Questions   Window Film Quotes & Questions I_icon_minitimeJune 16th 2014, 9:24 am

Glad you enjoyed our work & shop HiPwr, hope to see you again!

As far as pricing goes for your Challenger its $200.00 even if you bring it out to shop to have it done. For mobile work we're scheduled about a month out so if you were able to bring your '09 Challenger to our shop in Orland Park we can get you done a lot sooner. Also we do charge a trip charge for going mobile.
Back to top Go down
moros323
CAMM Pro
moros323

PostSubject: Re: Window Film Quotes & Questions   Window Film Quotes & Questions I_icon_minitimeJune 17th 2014, 5:34 am

How is your tint cut? THX
Back to top Go down
Tint To U Guy
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: Window Film Quotes & Questions   Window Film Quotes & Questions I_icon_minitimeJune 17th 2014, 8:09 am

We cut and mold the film on the outside of the window and then film is installed on the inside. We DO NOT cut or use a heat gun on the inside of the windows! Big no no for us.
Back to top Go down
moros323
CAMM Pro
moros323

PostSubject: Re: Window Film Quotes & Questions   Window Film Quotes & Questions I_icon_minitimeJune 17th 2014, 2:16 pm

???????????  Head Bang Head Bang 
Back to top Go down
moros323
CAMM Pro
moros323

PostSubject: Re: Window Film Quotes & Questions   Window Film Quotes & Questions I_icon_minitimeJune 17th 2014, 2:17 pm

Ok thats what I figured...laser cut?
Back to top Go down
Tint To U Guy
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: Window Film Quotes & Questions   Window Film Quotes & Questions I_icon_minitimeJune 17th 2014, 3:46 pm

We use a razor OLFA knife which is pretty much just a long razor blade. Some shops use a plotter which uses a laser or tiny blade to cut out window patterns but we feel you can get a better cut out doing it by hand since all glass isn't the same exact shape.

If you were looking to just strip & redo front doors your looking at $80 + $20 to strip off film
Back to top Go down
Roggy29
CAMM Rookie
Roggy29

PostSubject: Re: Window Film Quotes & Questions   Window Film Quotes & Questions I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2014, 9:11 pm

Hi my name is Mike and was wondering if you are still offering this price for CAMM members?  I have a 12 Charger ready for tint.  I called in today but the gentleman was unsure of the price offered.  Thank you.

Tint To U Guy wrote:
All CAMM members get discounted rates for your rides.

To tint 4door car is $225.00

As far as cost for removal of film goes there isn't a set price. $10-15 per door and depending on the difficulty and time it takes to strip the rear window, $100-200. An easy back window takes about an hour to strip film/glue off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Window Film Quotes & Questions   Window Film Quotes & Questions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Window Film Quotes & Questions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next