Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Michelin X Ice Xi3 -- awesome

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BigM
CAMM Pro
BigM

Michelin X Ice Xi3 -- awesome Empty
PostSubject: Michelin X Ice Xi3 -- awesome   Michelin X Ice Xi3 -- awesome I_icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2014, 3:31 pm

Hey guys,

I decided to junk my Hankook Ventus AS 235/55/18s after about ~48k miles, they really had a decent amount of tread on them still but always kinda sucked and were especially bad in snow.

I put on Michelin XIce Xi3s in 225/60/18 and they rock. It is like driving a new car, crazy grip in the nasty stuff and cold weather. I used to engage ABS just inching down my not too steep driveway now the car just bites and holds. It takes a strong stab of the brake pedal to engage ABS now even in the snow/slush where before it would fire up ABS all the time in snow and even rain.

No longer have to drive like a blue hair granny in a Grand Marquis leaving stop lights anymore either, normal throttle and no slippage unless you really lay on it.

Anyone who is considering maybe going with winter tires and is on the fence, do it. I have a shorter commute now but still drive about 45 miles a day (down from 75). Love the confidence the winter tires give me. I used to just keep waiting for turns and stuff because otherwise if I gave it 20% throttle I'd spin out, now I don't have to worry and can make those maneuvers no problem.

I'll figure out what I'm doing for summer tires in spring (I've got a set of SRT 20 inch Chally wheels but would like to get them powdercoated) Might be running the winter tires longer than I want but we'll see.
Back to top Go down

Michelin X Ice Xi3 -- awesome
Page 1 of 1