Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Suggestion for the best wax

Go down 
+7
jamesv82
liljoejoe54
GSB06SRT
Yuro
Shawn1112
firestartr420
Exura
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Exura
CAMM Member
Exura

Suggestion for the best wax Empty
PostSubject: Suggestion for the best wax   Suggestion for the best wax I_icon_minitimeDecember 12th 2013, 4:56 pm

I need an opinion for the best wax that will protect against salt and still hold a brilliant shine. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for the best wax   Suggestion for the best wax I_icon_minitimeDecember 12th 2013, 5:12 pm

i use the NXT Tech Wax 2.0 from Meguiers and I like it...
Back to top Go down
Exura
CAMM Member
Exura

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for the best wax   Suggestion for the best wax I_icon_minitimeDecember 12th 2013, 5:23 pm

Are you able to get that from an auto parts store or is it more specialized then that?
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for the best wax   Suggestion for the best wax I_icon_minitimeDecember 12th 2013, 6:02 pm

firestartr420 wrote:
X2 and yes you can get from any auto parts store. If your looking to spend a nice chunk of change, them PM Jontoad. He knows what expensive shit is good.
Back to top Go down
Yuro
CAMM Pro
Yuro

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for the best wax   Suggestion for the best wax I_icon_minitimeDecember 12th 2013, 7:35 pm

Glass wax i hear is rare to find... Somebody lemme know if they have heard of this, i wanna try it
Back to top Go down
GSB06SRT
CAMM Pro
GSB06SRT

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for the best wax   Suggestion for the best wax I_icon_minitimeDecember 12th 2013, 8:59 pm

I think you may mean Liquid Glass? I saw some at a show this summer on a black Vette that had some age on it and I was impressed with how it looked. Got a can from amazon, now just gotta put it on in the spring Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Yuro
CAMM Pro
Yuro

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for the best wax   Suggestion for the best wax I_icon_minitimeDecember 12th 2013, 11:24 pm

Yes! Liquid Glass sorry! I saw a great pic of a charger pr4 do it... looked real good
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for the best wax   Suggestion for the best wax I_icon_minitimeDecember 13th 2013, 9:21 am

firestartr420 wrote:

Yeah thats what I use too.
Back to top Go down
Exura
CAMM Member
Exura

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for the best wax   Suggestion for the best wax I_icon_minitimeDecember 13th 2013, 6:01 pm

CRAP!  I cant find a place to wax lady! They wont let me in the hanger at ohare this time
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for the best wax   Suggestion for the best wax I_icon_minitimeDecember 13th 2013, 8:36 pm

You might want to clay bar your car before waxing. You will achieve the best results doing that first
Back to top Go down
Exura
CAMM Member
Exura

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for the best wax   Suggestion for the best wax I_icon_minitimeDecember 14th 2013, 2:43 am

Even though it's a fairly new paint on it?
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for the best wax   Suggestion for the best wax I_icon_minitimeDecember 14th 2013, 5:38 am

yep, even more so since its a daily driver
Back to top Go down
MsScarlett
MsScarlett

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for the best wax   Suggestion for the best wax I_icon_minitimeDecember 14th 2013, 7:39 am

Clay bar makes a huge difference.  I've done it on my car a couple times already and it's a '12 like yours.  This is what I use from AutoGeek.net and really like it.

http://www.autogeek.net/piulpoclkit.html

I follow up with the Pinnacle Souveran Carnauba Paste wax.  It's an easy wipe on wipe off.  Incredible shine in my opinion.  It's expensive, so you have to watch for when it's on sale.

Hope you find something you like.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for the best wax   Suggestion for the best wax I_icon_minitimeDecember 14th 2013, 3:04 pm

Clay bar is a must... even though the paint is fairly new, there is a sticky residue left on from the shipping plastics and stuff that you want to remove... after the first initial clay bar... ive found you can go a few years in between clay barring if you don't want to do it every year...
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for the best wax   Suggestion for the best wax I_icon_minitimeDecember 14th 2013, 5:40 pm

There is rail dust absorbed into the paint from shipping the car.
Back to top Go down
Yuro
CAMM Pro
Yuro

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for the best wax   Suggestion for the best wax I_icon_minitimeDecember 14th 2013, 8:05 pm

Chemical guys anybody?i just have their stripper scent but theey have a bunch a stuff
Back to top Go down
Exura
CAMM Member
Exura

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for the best wax   Suggestion for the best wax I_icon_minitimeDecember 15th 2013, 3:49 am

wow thanks guys, i thought with it being new paint it hasn't given it enough time to become contaminated. how much clay bar would you suggest for that size vehicle, mothers has a kit with a clay bar in it would that be enough?
Back to top Go down
chicagovich
CAMM Pro
chicagovich

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for the best wax   Suggestion for the best wax I_icon_minitimeDecember 15th 2013, 8:15 am

Yuro wrote:
Chemical guys anybody?i just have their stripper scent but theey have a bunch a stuff

Suggestion for the best wax Wac_3010

This is my favorite; great for a black car. I also use NXT- gotta clay bar for best results.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for the best wax   Suggestion for the best wax I_icon_minitimeDecember 15th 2013, 2:24 pm

you can get the whole car done with probably 1 piece of clay, and the kit comes with two... The clay lasts for a long time, depending on the contamination, and I can usually get 2 or 3 full clay jobs done with one peice of clay on my car.... kinda depends on just how contaminated the paint really is...
Back to top Go down
Exura
CAMM Member
Exura

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for the best wax   Suggestion for the best wax I_icon_minitimeDecember 15th 2013, 2:35 pm

So basically its safe to used multiple times. Ok, but i would worry about my paint getting scratched due to whatever the claybar picked up, or is it to tiny of particles to fret about?
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for the best wax   Suggestion for the best wax I_icon_minitimeDecember 15th 2013, 4:09 pm

You shouldn't pick anything up that's big enough to scratch paint. You need to wash your car first and I wash with dish soap before clay bar and wax. Dish soap will remove any old wax and or grease in the paint. That's the only time you should use dish soap. I always use almost a whole bottle of the spray wax that comes with the kit. The more lube the better IMO.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for the best wax   Suggestion for the best wax I_icon_minitimeDecember 15th 2013, 4:28 pm

i go through about a whole big bottle of the quick detailer for my car.... so make sure you have enough to cover the job... it would suck getting 3/4 of the way through and have to stop cuz you ran out of detail solution... its happened to me before, and trust me, it sucks...
Back to top Go down
Exura
CAMM Member
Exura

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for the best wax   Suggestion for the best wax I_icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2013, 3:49 am

ha ha trust me, my trunk has more cleaning products than my mothers laundry room. i think i got myself covered  Wink that clay bar is something i can't wait to try but i have no where to do anything to my car unless i go back to michigan and kick my parents cars out of their garage for the day, lol apartment living really sucks!
Back to top Go down
GSB06SRT
CAMM Pro
GSB06SRT

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for the best wax   Suggestion for the best wax I_icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2013, 7:38 am

Exura wrote:
So basically its safe to used multiple times. Ok, but i would worry about my paint getting scratched due to whatever the claybar picked up, or is it to tiny of particles to fret about?

Spray the area you are working with good like Shawn said you need lots of lube, when your clay becomes dirty a bit fold it over so you are always working with a fresh part of the clay. Also, my rule is if it hits the ground it hits the garbage can. Never try to use a microfiber or clay that you dropped on the ground no matter how clean the floor is.
Back to top Go down
Exura
CAMM Member
Exura

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for the best wax   Suggestion for the best wax I_icon_minitimeDecember 29th 2013, 5:31 am

Ok i finally got to clay and wax the charger, after 9 hours of constant work i have to say that i am extremely impressed of the out come!!! I dont think there is anything whiter out there yet other than lady! I cant even look at it when its sunny out, my retinas will burn! Lol thank you guys so much for the tips now i have a good peice of mind for the rest of this unforgiving winter!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion for the best wax   Suggestion for the best wax I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggestion for the best wax
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Exterior-
Jump to: