Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dreaded front end clunk

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
joey d
CAMM Rookie

Dreaded front end clunk Empty
PostSubject: Dreaded front end clunk   Dreaded front end clunk I_icon_minitimeOctober 11th 2013, 7:17 pm

Just had tie rod ends replaced a few months ago, and now a new noise from the front end. Was thinking about replaceing the whole front end but looking for options. Has anyone ever put in polyurethane bushings? and if so how hard a job is it. Also thinking about new struts while I got it apart. Its a 2006 r/t with r&t package.
Back to top Go down
GSB06SRT
CAMM Pro
GSB06SRT

PostSubject: Re: Dreaded front end clunk   Dreaded front end clunk I_icon_minitimeOctober 11th 2013, 8:16 pm

I was gonna go poly bushings with my R/T but I drove another one that had them and the ride is so stiff you'll need a chiropractor after you get out. I had one of the members here who is a great mechanic put in shocks and struts and sway bar bushings and a few other things and that car made no more noises after that. There's a reason that Dodge uses the bushings they use, sure they wear out but the polys are just too stiff imho.
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: Dreaded front end clunk   Dreaded front end clunk I_icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2013, 4:57 pm

Lower Tension struts, or sway bar bushings... for sure
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dreaded front end clunk   Dreaded front end clunk I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dreaded front end clunk
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Wheels and Suspension-
Jump to: