Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello from NW Indiana

Go down 
+3
jontoad
392SRT8
Gardidien
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Gardidien
CAMM Rookie
Gardidien

Hello from NW Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Hello from NW Indiana   Hello from NW Indiana I_icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2013, 11:04 am

Hello everyone! I'm from Dyer, IN but I'm no stranger to Illinois or the Chicago land area. I grew up over in Thornton, IL right next to the world's largest limestone quarry. I might live just over the border now, but I'm frequently in the IL area. I look forward to talking about our MOPAR cars with everyone!
Back to top Go down
392SRT8
CAMM Member
392SRT8

PostSubject: Re: Hello from NW Indiana   Hello from NW Indiana I_icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2013, 11:26 am

Hello and welcome neighbor! Did you ever get your exhaust figured out?
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Hello from NW Indiana   Hello from NW Indiana I_icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2013, 11:27 am

welcome from Naperville!!!

glad you made it over. the Z forum or "NaZi forum" as we call it kinda pushed us away so we can't mention CAMM on there. the owner over there (Clay) liked to edit our posts and stuff and pissed off a few members. when they erased our section on that forum we just made our own site and they didn't like that.

we don't moderate it much here so speak your mind and have a thick skin. we like to rip on each other like friends do. as long as you aren't a sox, packers, or raiders fan you'll fit right in. bearbang (insert bulls smiley we don't have hereCubs Donk Uri

Last edited by jontoad on September 30th 2013, 12:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Gardidien
CAMM Rookie
Gardidien

PostSubject: Re: Hello from NW Indiana   Hello from NW Indiana I_icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2013, 11:37 am

WhiteChargerRT wrote:
Hello and welcome neighbor! Did you ever get your exhaust figured out?
Thanks! No i haven't unfortunately! I bought some 12" Cherry Bomb glasspacks and went to a muffler shop in Griffith, IN. The guy said because of the offset of the resonators he would have to cut the pipe way far back and then bend in two new pipes so that the bombs were straight and exited the back properly. You can see the offset of my resonators below.

Hello from NW Indiana 10020198394_d573e211e5Hello from NW Indiana 10020323953_168aec656a

The red lines in this picture show where he wanted to cut to weld in new pipe. Unfortunately he didn't carry Stainless pipe in stock and a pole would have been $110. The life expectancy of the pipe he wanted to use was only 3 years... So i decided not to press forward and just went home. Ugh. It would have been around $165 for the labor, $110 for the stainless pipe, and the $60 I had invested in the glasspacks.

I've visited half a dozen shops and everyone but this guy was insistent on selling me a full catback system. All I want is something a little more louder than stock without breaking the bank. No drone at all as I have family and little ones in the car often.
Back to top Go down
Gardidien
CAMM Rookie
Gardidien

PostSubject: Re: Hello from NW Indiana   Hello from NW Indiana I_icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2013, 11:39 am

Here's the picture of where he wanted to cut. I forgot to attach it to my previous post. Looks like I don't have editing capabilities yet.

Hello from NW Indiana 6EywYDy
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

PostSubject: Re: Hello from NW Indiana   Hello from NW Indiana I_icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2013, 1:26 pm

Hey Welcome from a fellow NW Indiana Guy, East Chicago here.

Check out the Meet Up Section, there is one coming up on October 13th to Redamack's leaving from Bosak on 30.

Lets hope you aren't a Sox, Cubs, Bears or Hawks fan....

Nice jab there JT.
Back to top Go down
chicagovich
CAMM Pro
chicagovich

PostSubject: Re: Hello from NW Indiana   Hello from NW Indiana I_icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2013, 3:31 pm

Welcome from the NW Burbs!  

I think it's safe to say we're all Hawks fans... except for Crystal and of course this ^ guy.
Back to top Go down
Gardidien
CAMM Rookie
Gardidien

PostSubject: Re: Hello from NW Indiana   Hello from NW Indiana I_icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2013, 3:34 pm

Thanks everyone! Definitely a hawks fan here. I remember going to games when they sucked and $15 got you in the door and you could pick where you wanted to sit! Now I have to drop $100 a ticket and bring my own oxygen because the air is so thin up in those seats!
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

PostSubject: Re: Hello from NW Indiana   Hello from NW Indiana I_icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2013, 3:39 pm

Don't forget we have a WINGS fan also
Back to top Go down
Gardidien
CAMM Rookie
Gardidien

PostSubject: Re: Hello from NW Indiana   Hello from NW Indiana I_icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2013, 3:40 pm

At least they're not in our division anymore!
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Hello from NW Indiana   Hello from NW Indiana I_icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2013, 3:52 pm

jamesv82 wrote:
Don't forget we have a WINGS fan also
i love wings. buffalo with ranch. yum...
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Hello from NW Indiana   Hello from NW Indiana I_icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2013, 3:54 pm

You rang James???

Welcome to CAMM. Thanks for signing up.
Back to top Go down
Gardidien
CAMM Rookie
Gardidien

PostSubject: Re: Hello from NW Indiana   Hello from NW Indiana I_icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2013, 4:02 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I think I'll create a separate thread for my exhaust. Looking for a good place to go to that stocks stainless tube in the area!
Back to top Go down
Exura
CAMM Member
Exura

PostSubject: Re: Hello from NW Indiana   Hello from NW Indiana I_icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2013, 5:54 am

hello from bensenville
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from NW Indiana   Hello from NW Indiana I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from NW Indiana
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: CAMM General Discussion :: New Member Introductions-
Jump to: