Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Unlocking the Predator

Go down 
+2
GSB06SRT
ChargerSRT
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ChargerSRT
CAMM Pro
ChargerSRT

Unlocking the Predator Empty
PostSubject: Unlocking the Predator   Unlocking the Predator I_icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2013, 10:23 pm

I have to unlock/unmarry my predator and I don't have the original car anymore. Does anybody have any idea on how to do that without contacting Diablosport?
Back to top Go down
GSB06SRT
CAMM Pro
GSB06SRT

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking the Predator   Unlocking the Predator I_icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2013, 11:03 pm

If you have nothing to lose you could flash the firmware on it to the latest, that should theoretically make it into a new predator. Works on iphones when people bring them to me and they are fubared. You run the risk of it becoming bricked though.

Disclaimer; I am in no way advising you to do anything but send it back to Diablo. What you do or do not do with my opinion is strictly up to you.

eh
Back to top Go down
ChargerSRT
CAMM Pro
ChargerSRT

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking the Predator   Unlocking the Predator I_icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2013, 11:09 pm

GSB06RT wrote:
If you have nothing to lose you could flash the firmware on it to the latest, that should theoretically make it into a new predator. Works on iphones when people bring them to me and they are fubared. You run the risk of it becoming bricked though.

Disclaimer; I am in no way advising you to do anything but send it back to Diablo. What you do or do not do with my opinion is strictly up to you.

eh
I understand that and hold nobody responsible. I have tried reloading the latest update and I can still see that it has my vin# in there. I don't know what else to do about it
Back to top Go down
GSB06SRT
CAMM Pro
GSB06SRT

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking the Predator   Unlocking the Predator I_icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2013, 11:14 pm

You'd need to flash the firmware on it not the software.
Back to top Go down
ChargerSRT
CAMM Pro
ChargerSRT

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking the Predator   Unlocking the Predator I_icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2013, 11:18 pm

Ok is that easy to do? How is that done? What is the process?
Back to top Go down
GSB06SRT
CAMM Pro
GSB06SRT

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking the Predator   Unlocking the Predator I_icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2013, 8:47 am

Assuming you have the U7135.

Link
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking the Predator   Unlocking the Predator I_icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2013, 11:48 am

Pretty sure it goes by the calid. Was it unmarried before you sold the original car? If not you must send it back to DS.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking the Predator   Unlocking the Predator I_icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2013, 12:08 pm

Send Diablo an email, I wouldnt fuck with it, you might make it worthless.
Back to top Go down
ChargerSRT
CAMM Pro
ChargerSRT

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking the Predator   Unlocking the Predator I_icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2013, 12:43 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
Pretty sure it goes by the calid. Was it unmarried before you sold the original car? If not you must send it back to DS.
No it wasn't. I'm thinking about calling the dealer to see if they still have my car there.
Back to top Go down
ChargerSRT
CAMM Pro
ChargerSRT

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking the Predator   Unlocking the Predator I_icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2013, 12:45 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
Send Diablo an email, I wouldnt fuck with it, you might make it worthless.
Yeah I think I'm gonna see if I can get a hold of Mike there and see what he says.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking the Predator   Unlocking the Predator I_icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2013, 4:49 pm

Well if you didn't set your car back to stock, then it's still married and useless until you get that stock tune back in it.
Back to top Go down
ChargerSRT
CAMM Pro
ChargerSRT

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking the Predator   Unlocking the Predator I_icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2013, 5:00 pm

Yeah then im screwed cuz I never put the stock tune in when I traded it in
Back to top Go down
GSB06SRT
CAMM Pro
GSB06SRT

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking the Predator   Unlocking the Predator I_icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2013, 5:46 pm

What tune did you have in it? 93 91? Someone gonna be happy when they buy your old car and it takes off like a rocketship cheers 
Back to top Go down
ekaz
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking the Predator   Unlocking the Predator I_icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2013, 9:05 pm

You need to have Diablo unlock it. If you try upgrading the crom, you'll get a message that the car needs to be returned to stock before it can be upgraded. Also, whoever has the car now will be upset when they get their own tuner and try installing it. Last time I heard Diablo wants $129 to unlock it.
Back to top Go down
GSB06SRT
CAMM Pro
GSB06SRT

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking the Predator   Unlocking the Predator I_icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2013, 11:32 pm

Well..they blew up all my idears..so good luck with it I guess.
Back to top Go down
chicagovich
CAMM Pro
chicagovich

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking the Predator   Unlocking the Predator I_icon_minitimeSeptember 14th 2013, 8:43 am

ChargerSRT wrote:
No it wasn't.  I'm thinking about calling the dealer to see if they still have my car there.
I like this idea the best, helps you and helps the next buyer. Especially if the next buyer doesn't know and starts putting 87 Oct in there. He/She may have no idea hand held tuners exist for cars anyway. I'd give it a shot, it wasn't that long ago.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking the Predator   Unlocking the Predator I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unlocking the Predator
Page 1 of 1