Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alternator

Go down 
+5
ekaz
Shawn1112
firestartr420
Admin
Illinois Chaos
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Alternator Empty
PostSubject: Alternator   Alternator I_icon_minitimeAugust 7th 2013, 9:33 pm

What fucking tool do you have to use to get that bolt on the bottom bracket off with. Tried a 1/2 in. drive socket, socket and swivell, underneath, from outboard in and from front angle. I can't figure out how to get at it without the socket slipping off. Do I need to remove something else first? I'm so fucking pissed off right now I could burn it down.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

Alternator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alternator   Alternator I_icon_minitimeAugust 7th 2013, 10:15 pm

13mm socket on a breaker bar.  Those bolts are installed by steroid gorillas at the factory.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Alternator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alternator   Alternator I_icon_minitimeAugust 8th 2013, 8:15 am

I'll try again today. Maybe remove the far bolt holding the bracket on and swing that down for a different angle. I'm a bit stymied.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

Alternator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alternator   Alternator I_icon_minitimeAugust 8th 2013, 9:10 am

this.... this right here.... this is why i hated working on cars hahah...
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Alternator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alternator   Alternator I_icon_minitimeAugust 8th 2013, 11:57 am

firestartr420 wrote:
Ya but when your done and you think about the few hundred bucks you just saved, makes it all worth it.
Back to top Go down
ekaz
CAMM Member

Alternator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alternator   Alternator I_icon_minitimeAugust 8th 2013, 3:17 pm

Makes the beer right after taste that much better too.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

Alternator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alternator   Alternator I_icon_minitimeAugust 8th 2013, 3:38 pm

There's one bolt you access from the top and two from the underside of the vehicle, correct?
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

Alternator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alternator   Alternator I_icon_minitimeAugust 8th 2013, 5:21 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
firestartr420 wrote:
Ya but when your done and you think about the few hundred bucks you just saved, makes it all worth it.

very true... also why I still work on cars occasionally...
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Alternator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alternator   Alternator I_icon_minitimeAugust 8th 2013, 7:53 pm

elcobra44 wrote:
There's one bolt you access from the top and two from the underside of the vehicle, correct?
Yeah, Matt. It's the one in the channel on the support bracket. It's fucked. The last idea I had involved fire and oxygen. The bolt is run through to the block in an open on one side channel. It can be Napalmed. I'm out of options here.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Alternator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alternator   Alternator I_icon_minitimeAugust 8th 2013, 8:00 pm

I'm thinking of getting a torch set and cutting the bolt just behind the head in the open channel. Then remove the bolt head and grab the headless bolt with big pliers and bending it down so I can hit the living fuck out of it until it cries Mommy...or breaks loose, then either hammer it back straight or cut that down part off and remove the rest.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Alternator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alternator   Alternator I_icon_minitimeAugust 8th 2013, 8:03 pm

When I do get this bolt out....I'm gonna break all of the rules of engagement. Fuck it.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Alternator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alternator   Alternator I_icon_minitimeAugust 8th 2013, 8:24 pm

Tim just texted me and said I could bring it over tomorrow and he will weld on another bolt to get the rounded one off. Pfew! ....... I'm still gonna fuck that bolt up for a while when I get a hold of it, lol.
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

Alternator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alternator   Alternator I_icon_minitimeAugust 8th 2013, 10:03 pm

Those blow ass to do
Back to top Go down
Yuro
CAMM Pro
Yuro

Alternator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alternator   Alternator I_icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2013, 12:11 am

Give it hell!
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

Alternator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alternator   Alternator I_icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2013, 8:01 am

Take a video of it like office space style
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

Alternator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alternator   Alternator I_icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2013, 4:46 pm

I had to cut down a deep well socket and use a 1/2" drive ratchet with a cheater bar. one of those times I wish I had a GOOD pneumatic impact and compressor.

bill
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Alternator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alternator   Alternator I_icon_minitimeAugust 10th 2013, 7:22 am

Yeah we got the car up on a lift and Jake had a "special" set of sockets for just such an occasion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Alternator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alternator   Alternator I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alternator
Page 1 of 1