Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

advertising CAMM at shows

Go down 
+11
firestartr420
GSB06SRT
MsScarlett
VIKES4093
jlg1963
jamesv82
eviltrycycle
Tom C
chicagovich
Shawn1112
kermit
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kermit
CAMM Pro
kermit

advertising CAMM at shows Empty
PostSubject: advertising CAMM at shows   advertising CAMM at shows I_icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2013, 11:57 am

I'm not sure if this idea has been considered before. I searched for it here on the forums and didn't find any hits.

It occurred to some of us yesterday that the one thing that was missing from our Tent City was a big vinyl banner advertising that we were CAMM. It would have looked nice hanging from the canopies. Other than stickers on cars and cards to hand out there hasn't really been an announced presence at car shows other than us parked together and some nebulous group of people sitting together somewhere by the cars.

Is there a reason for that? Unwritten rule that clubs can't identify themselves? If not what do people think? We have a good presence at some of these shows and we should announce that in some way. It may even help bring new people at the shows into the fold. When I was at Wheaton I had no clue there was an organized CAMM group right next to me, I just happened to know Jim from some previous non-CAMM meetings and he mentioned it.

I'd be willing to chip in some cash towards getting one made.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: advertising CAMM at shows   advertising CAMM at shows I_icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2013, 12:37 pm

I believe the idea has been tossed around before just never happened. I'm all for it and no there is no written rule saying we cant put up a banner at a car show. Other clubs do it all the time. I'm also in for pitching in.
Back to top Go down
kermit
CAMM Pro
kermit

PostSubject: Re: advertising CAMM at shows   advertising CAMM at shows I_icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2013, 1:17 pm

Reading about them, we'd probably want a mesh banner so that it would allow some wind through it and be less prone to damage and taking off like a sail if the wind unexpectedly picked up on us one day. Haven't looked yet at how much that adds to the cost.

The biggest question though is what to put on it, which is a decision for the Sr members to make. Some ideas that went through my head was the older logo which would apply itself better to a longer rectangular banner. One using the new logo would either be a square banner, or on one/both sides of a rectangular banner with the full name on the banner in between.
Back to top Go down
chicagovich
CAMM Pro
chicagovich

PostSubject: Re: advertising CAMM at shows   advertising CAMM at shows I_icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2013, 2:28 pm

I'm in if we want to do a "special assessment"
Back to top Go down
Tom C
CAMM Pro
Tom C

PostSubject: Re: advertising CAMM at shows   advertising CAMM at shows I_icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2013, 3:25 pm

I will contribute. Have to incorporate C-Dog into it somehow. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: advertising CAMM at shows   advertising CAMM at shows I_icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2013, 3:34 pm

My tent came with a "flag" we can hang. Its white and I was going to go the route of a large CAMM sticker on both sides. Just not sure if we want to try to design something new or go with one of the decals we already use.

It's representing everyone so all input is welcome and appreciated.
Back to top Go down
kermit
CAMM Pro
kermit

PostSubject: Re: advertising CAMM at shows   advertising CAMM at shows I_icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2013, 3:41 pm

Hmm, I was thinking something along the lines of a 3'x10' banner with either the old logo or:

--------------------------------------------
|   LOGO    Chicagoland Area    LOGO   |
|   LOGO      Modern Mopars     LOGO   |
--------------------------------------------

That size would pretty much perfectly fit between the legs of one of our 10x10 EZups, or two poles in the ground if the EZups are not used that day.  But as a noob to the club I will obviously defer to others.

Last edited by kermit on July 15th 2013, 3:49 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tom C
CAMM Pro
Tom C

PostSubject: Re: advertising CAMM at shows   advertising CAMM at shows I_icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2013, 3:43 pm

That sounds like a great idea. Of course I am new too.
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

PostSubject: Re: advertising CAMM at shows   advertising CAMM at shows I_icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2013, 4:18 pm

I'm in
Back to top Go down
jlg1963
CAMM Pro
jlg1963

PostSubject: Re: advertising CAMM at shows   advertising CAMM at shows I_icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2013, 7:00 pm

All I would add is to please make it about 1000 times better than the Chevy guys sign yesterday...That was just a sad looking thing.  No
Back to top Go down
VIKES4093
CAMM Pro
VIKES4093

PostSubject: Re: advertising CAMM at shows   advertising CAMM at shows I_icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2013, 7:41 pm

i always thought a camm flag would be cool and fly it like the do at nascar races on a pole
Back to top Go down
MsScarlett
MsScarlett

PostSubject: Re: advertising CAMM at shows   advertising CAMM at shows I_icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2013, 8:10 pm

Love both ideas of the banner and flag.  I'll chip in.  That poster board Camaro sign was really sad yesterday.
Back to top Go down
GSB06SRT
CAMM Pro
GSB06SRT

PostSubject: Re: advertising CAMM at shows   advertising CAMM at shows I_icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2013, 8:26 pm

My dad has a company that makes signs, shirts, etc. If you all decide to do something I'd be happy to find out what the costs would be, but I can say it is higher if it's a one-off type situation cause you'd have to have the artwork done and transferred to a screen for printing. They (printers) give a better price with higher quantity.
Back to top Go down
kermit
CAMM Pro
kermit

PostSubject: Re: advertising CAMM at shows   advertising CAMM at shows I_icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2013, 9:39 am

No reason we can't have both. The flag will be cool hanging from a tent and the banner should be more noticeable from a distance. Hell I'd do an even bigger banner but I'm trying to keep it practical for us to hang as well. I figured a decent banner would run at least a couple hundred when I started looking into it. You can get cheap ones that look decent for much less, but I'm not sure they'll last very long and if we're going to put the money into it we might as well get one that will last for awhile.

Crystal, is the flag white? Where you going to do the emblem in blue or another color? My opinion is that they should be consistent is why I'm asking. Are you thinking the CAMM logo like on the stickers, or one like you're using on facebook?
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: advertising CAMM at shows   advertising CAMM at shows I_icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2013, 4:45 pm

i think if we did 2 new logos on the sides with the name in the center on two lines, that would be perfect. Mopar Blue on white or black background as well...
Back to top Go down
Tom C
CAMM Pro
Tom C

PostSubject: Re: advertising CAMM at shows   advertising CAMM at shows I_icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2013, 4:48 pm

Gotta have MOPAR Blue
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

PostSubject: Re: advertising CAMM at shows   advertising CAMM at shows I_icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2013, 5:52 pm

Banners are like so 2010...  Let me introduce to you.. CAMMY! Just need to know who wants to wear it.

advertising CAMM at shows Cammy_zpsc6d2fbd9
Back to top Go down
kermit
CAMM Pro
kermit

PostSubject: Re: advertising CAMM at shows   advertising CAMM at shows I_icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2013, 5:58 pm

I'd be more than willing to wear that at any car show we attend in January.
Back to top Go down
MsScarlett
MsScarlett

PostSubject: Re: advertising CAMM at shows   advertising CAMM at shows I_icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2013, 6:00 pm

Now that's some funny shit!!!!!
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: advertising CAMM at shows   advertising CAMM at shows I_icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2013, 6:18 pm

:facepalm:
Back to top Go down
Tom C
CAMM Pro
Tom C

PostSubject: Re: advertising CAMM at shows   advertising CAMM at shows I_icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2013, 7:25 pm

Hey Kermit if you have January, I will take february.
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: advertising CAMM at shows   advertising CAMM at shows I_icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2013, 9:26 pm

elcobra44 wrote:
Banners are like so 2010...  Let me introduce to you.. CAMMY!  Just need to know who wants to wear it.

Hell... I'll wear the damn thing, and do my George Jefferson walk the whole time....
Back to top Go down
Tom C
CAMM Pro
Tom C

PostSubject: Re: advertising CAMM at shows   advertising CAMM at shows I_icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2013, 9:31 pm

Calling out freebird?
Back to top Go down
Yuro
CAMM Pro
Yuro

PostSubject: Re: advertising CAMM at shows   advertising CAMM at shows I_icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2013, 9:33 pm

Doesnt look like much of a superbee... Lol
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: advertising CAMM at shows   advertising CAMM at shows I_icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2013, 11:50 pm

Moparcharger07 wrote:
elcobra44 wrote:
Banners are like so 2010...  Let me introduce to you.. CAMMY!  Just need to know who wants to wear it.

Hell... I'll wear the damn thing, and do my George Jefferson walk the whole time....

hahahahahah
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: advertising CAMM at shows   advertising CAMM at shows I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

advertising CAMM at shows
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next