Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Getting my ride dyno tuned next week

Go down 
+4
Shawn1112
Admin
Headtripp
Illinois Chaos
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Getting my ride dyno tuned next week Empty
PostSubject: Getting my ride dyno tuned next week   Getting my ride dyno tuned next week I_icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2009, 10:56 pm

Hey ya'll I'll be heading on down to Byron Dragstrip next week------and then just drive right past it to a cmr tuners shop. If my new Diablo gets here I'll die a happy man. Can't wait to here it on the dyno under wot. Hump Gonna let the great Bob Kurgan put a tune on from Kurgan Motor Sports... king
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: Getting my ride dyno tuned next week   Getting my ride dyno tuned next week I_icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2009, 10:59 pm

Where are you geting it tuned ? whats the name of the shop
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Getting my ride dyno tuned next week   Getting my ride dyno tuned next week I_icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2009, 11:15 pm

Kurgan Motor Sports in Byron. He's a Mopar certified CMR Dealer and a Diablo Predator Dealer too.http://www.kurganmotorsports.com/index.html Link[url]
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Getting my ride dyno tuned next week   Getting my ride dyno tuned next week I_icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2009, 11:21 pm

Headtripp, If you have your own Diablo tuner cost for a tune, dyno time, a/f readings, and printouts separately is $375. I'm hoping for 3 runs on dyno, it might be cool weather so maybe.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Getting my ride dyno tuned next week   Getting my ride dyno tuned next week I_icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2009, 11:56 pm

$375, that's not bad.. Saw it said $550 on the website. If you're going to be CMR tuned, I'd expect atleast 3 pulls..
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Getting my ride dyno tuned next week   Getting my ride dyno tuned next week I_icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2009, 7:13 am

elcobra44 wrote:
$375, that's not bad.. Saw it said $550 on the website. If you're going to be CMR tuned, I'd expect atleast 3 pulls..

Yeah, I saw that too. Must be having a HORSE sale. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Getting my ride dyno tuned next week   Getting my ride dyno tuned next week I_icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2009, 7:24 am

Do you know anyone that was tuned by this guy?
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Getting my ride dyno tuned next week   Getting my ride dyno tuned next week I_icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2009, 7:42 am

Nope. I'm still looking for THE guy. Bob is Mopar CMR certified at least. Says he's done several Hemis and a few supercharged Hemis. Seems one guy likes a tuner the next guy says he had a problem with the same guy. You have to find one that knows MOPAR, right?
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

PostSubject: Re: Getting my ride dyno tuned next week   Getting my ride dyno tuned next week I_icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2009, 8:36 am

That would be a plus Smile
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: Getting my ride dyno tuned next week   Getting my ride dyno tuned next week I_icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2009, 9:07 am

Good Luck, can't wait to see them numbers after!!!!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Getting my ride dyno tuned next week   Getting my ride dyno tuned next week I_icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2009, 10:15 am

Good luck, make sure you let everyone know what you think of this guy when your done.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Getting my ride dyno tuned next week   Getting my ride dyno tuned next week I_icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2009, 10:36 am

Oh yeah, I'll be sure to post the dyno sheet and let everyone know how it went. I hope he doesn't say something like "Well that's the first time I've ever lost a car off of the dyno at WOT, it was getting such great numbers too". lol.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: Getting my ride dyno tuned next week   Getting my ride dyno tuned next week I_icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2009, 12:08 pm

hell yeah keep us all posted of the experience!
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: Getting my ride dyno tuned next week   Getting my ride dyno tuned next week I_icon_minitimeAugust 31st 2009, 9:40 pm

Make sure you tell this guy you have friends that are interested in the results maybe that way he will make sure to do a good job. And then slip him a card to the site. Hope all goes well
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Getting my ride dyno tuned next week   Getting my ride dyno tuned next week I_icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2009, 6:17 am

Yeah , well I'm still waiting for my Predator. I could still have it done without it, I guess. Just have him load the tune onto a cd or a floppy. He is a Ford guy first and it's really hard to find anyone that knows Mopar! If I decide to go with him I'll be sure to tell him about CAMM.

Maybe I'll call Nostalgia Lane in Rockford and ask them who they use. They are partnered with Mr. Norms. If they say Bob, it's all good.
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

PostSubject: Re: Getting my ride dyno tuned next week   Getting my ride dyno tuned next week I_icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2009, 8:04 am

From what i've heard the only way to add a custom tune to our cars is with the Diablo...otherwise you would just be getting a base Dyno ride, which is no fun...Maybe Matt could clarify but i'm pretty sure you NEED to have a predator to get a CMR tune....
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Getting my ride dyno tuned next week   Getting my ride dyno tuned next week I_icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2009, 8:18 am

Yup, each car/pcm/vin needs its own Predator to write the tune to.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Getting my ride dyno tuned next week   Getting my ride dyno tuned next week I_icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2009, 11:16 am

xegitalian19xx wrote:
From what i've heard the only way to add a custom tune to our cars is with the Diablo...otherwise you would just be getting a base Dyno ride, which is no fun...Maybe Matt could clarify but i'm pretty sure you NEED to have a predator to get a CMR tune....

Yep, that's why I would have it saved on a cd so that when my predator comes in I can d-load it to custom tune on the predator. Right?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Getting my ride dyno tuned next week   Getting my ride dyno tuned next week I_icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2009, 11:21 am

No. That wouldn't work.. You need the tuner to write the tune for a vehicle.

Every CMR is based off your vehicles unique 'original backup' which has required information that the software needs to create your new tune. Your vehicle needs its own Predator to do this, and you can't just use your buddy's or the tuners handheld.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Getting my ride dyno tuned next week   Getting my ride dyno tuned next week I_icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2009, 11:41 am

elcobra44 wrote:
No. That wouldn't work.. You need the tuner to write the tune for a vehicle.

Every CMR is based off your vehicles unique 'original backup' which has required information that the software needs to create your new tune. Your vehicle needs its own Predator to do this, and you can't just use your buddy's or the tuners handheld.

Ok, so say I go to a tuner and he does all of the pulls on the dyno, geting the a/f readings and so what your saying is that he can't tweak me up a custom tune and then save it on a cd or floppy, for use later? I will actually need the predator for him to save that tune too? I thought they could even e-mail your tune to you. I figured I would dload the saved custom tune, saved on the cd, to my computer and then put it in the predator and from there use the predator to put the saved tune into my car. Guess I need to get up to speed on the predator, lol. Thanks, for telling me, I would have been pissed.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Getting my ride dyno tuned next week   Getting my ride dyno tuned next week I_icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2009, 11:43 am

You would need to get your predator, download the original back up from your car, to your computer, then send him the file. The custom tune could then be written to your original back up and emailed back to you. You download it, send to predator, then install in the vehicle. But a disc would be useless to you unless you had the CMR software to apply the custom parameters to your original backup yourself.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Getting my ride dyno tuned next week   Getting my ride dyno tuned next week I_icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2009, 11:53 am

Got it. I can be such a dumb ass sometimes. lol.
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: Getting my ride dyno tuned next week   Getting my ride dyno tuned next week I_icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2009, 5:18 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
Not a dumbass you just didn't know and now you do so your all smart again isn't the CAMM great
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Getting my ride dyno tuned next week   Getting my ride dyno tuned next week I_icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2009, 6:21 pm

Good bit of info Matt
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: Getting my ride dyno tuned next week   Getting my ride dyno tuned next week I_icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2009, 8:09 pm

Headtripp wrote:
Illinois Chaos wrote:
Not a dumbass you just didn't know and now you do so your all smart again isn't the CAMM great

Yes it is!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting my ride dyno tuned next week   Getting my ride dyno tuned next week I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting my ride dyno tuned next week
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Engine & Trans Performance-
Jump to: