Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any of you call me Francis, and I'll kill you.

Go down 
+14
liljoejoe54
stairman
392SRT8
Tom C
Shawn1112
jamesv82
moaugust88
firestartr420
ChicagoSRT8
jlg1963
WICKEDSRT8
eviltrycycle
jontoad
kermit
18 posters
AuthorMessage
kermit
CAMM Pro
kermit

Any of you call me Francis, and I'll kill you. Empty
PostSubject: Any of you call me Francis, and I'll kill you.   Any of you call me Francis, and I'll kill you. I_icon_minitimeMay 20th 2013, 8:39 pm

Any of you call me Francis, and I'll kill you. Bill_murray-stripes1981-1330

Cause my name is actually Paul.

Jim Greene suggested I sign up here so blame him.

In September of 2012 I did something I swore I'd never do again. I purchased another Chrysler product.

My previous one was a shiny new 1999 Dodge Dakota that sucked gas like a Chevy Suburban and accelerated like a Ford Fiesta. But it did LOOK NICE for the 18 months I had it before trading it in for an actual Suburban.

The Challenger had been catching my eye since they relaunched it and when I decided to add a third ( fun \ leisure \ MY! ) car to our family I decided that's what I wanted. I spent a fair amount of time making sure it was a car that drove as nice as it looked. However, I quickly grew frustrated by the absolute dearth of new six speeds SRT8s available in the Chicagoland area. I was all set to buy a new automatic one ( damn now my wife will drive it ) and had the car I wanted picked out, and the sales rep convinced he had a sure sale. On a whim the night before I was going over to the dealer to finish the deal I checked out the carmax website. On it, at the Schaumburg location, was a 2011 six speed GWE SRT8 with 1800 miles on it. Frankly I'm wary of buying used cars, especially manual transmission ones, but I called up there and told them to hold it till the next day when I could look at it. It definitely wasn't in pristine condition, but it was in pretty good shape, the transmission didn't sound like it was about to fall onto the street, and lot less money than the shiney brand new 2012 that wasn't totally what I wanted cost. Needless to say I grabbed it. It was stock when I bought it and I didn't have big plans to significantly update it, but then I made the mistake of joining some online forums for challengers.

Since then I've been on a total modding/repair bender with it. I simply can't stop, can't help myself, can't control myself. I belong in rehab (preferably the one Lindsey Lohans at) for my problem. I don't have a list of my mods, I have a spreadsheet of them. I haven't been trying to turn the car into a racing machine, I don't race. Just doing a lot of work on it to turn it into mine.

I've gone to a few meets and greets and shows this spring and intend on going to a lot more with my boys. I was at Mo Power Madness at the fairgrounds this past sunday and may have talked with some of you there although the heat kept me from socializing as much as I wanted to. I was the guy hiding from the sun under Jim's E-Z up. Gotta get me one of those!

Other interesting tidbits about me. I'm 45 years old, originally from the bay area in CA. I have three kids and my boys love my new obsession and going to the car shows and meet and greets as well. My daughter and wife have not had as much enthusiasm. I own two mastiffs and have danger signs on the fence of my back yard warning about elephant eating dogs. I'm a software engineer by profession and have worked as a private contractor with the department of defense since 2005. Prior to that I spent all of my career with Sun Microsystems. I'm an old man that seriously plays World Of Warcraft. I'm the GM of a guild that raids heroic 10 mans four nights a week. I have a tendency to race my engine at stop lights when I'm next to mustangs and camaros and then sitting still and laughing as they floor it at the green light expecting a race. That seems to annoy them for some reason as they give me a lot of one finger salutes afterwards.

Anyway, looking foward to reading everything here and perhaps becoming an active member of the community.

Paul

Any of you call me Francis, and I'll kill you. IMG_0160
Any of you call me Francis, and I'll kill you. IMG_0166
Any of you call me Francis, and I'll kill you. IMG_0162
Any of you call me Francis, and I'll kill you. IMG_0168
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Any of you call me Francis, and I'll kill you.   Any of you call me Francis, and I'll kill you. I_icon_minitimeMay 20th 2013, 8:46 pm

beautiful car and it sounds like you will fit in just fine. welcome to the site!
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Any of you call me Francis, and I'll kill you.   Any of you call me Francis, and I'll kill you. I_icon_minitimeMay 20th 2013, 9:20 pm

Welcome to CAMM. Thanks for signing up. GWE's everywhere.
Back to top Go down
WICKEDSRT8
CAMM Member
WICKEDSRT8

PostSubject: Re: Any of you call me Francis, and I'll kill you.   Any of you call me Francis, and I'll kill you. I_icon_minitimeMay 20th 2013, 9:35 pm

Welcome from Elgin wave I remember seeing your car at the show, I was checking out your Kermit wondering who's' car this was. It is a great obsession.
Back to top Go down
jlg1963
CAMM Pro
jlg1963

PostSubject: Re: Any of you call me Francis, and I'll kill you.   Any of you call me Francis, and I'll kill you. I_icon_minitimeMay 20th 2013, 9:35 pm

Francis aka "Paul" nanner

Glad to see you found the site, I know your computer skills are kinda limited..... geek

Welcome to CAMM... I think this crew will welcome another old guy with a cool Mopar like they did myself a year or so ago. Cool
Back to top Go down
ChicagoSRT8
CAMM Member
ChicagoSRT8

PostSubject: Re: Any of you call me Francis, and I'll kill you.   Any of you call me Francis, and I'll kill you. I_icon_minitimeMay 20th 2013, 11:12 pm

Hello and welcome! Nice ride.
Amazing color. And great intro. Minus the rev your engine and then not race. No
Good thing I don't own a Camaro or Mustang. Razz
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Any of you call me Francis, and I'll kill you.   Any of you call me Francis, and I'll kill you. I_icon_minitimeMay 21st 2013, 12:32 am

welcome to CAMM.... Francis...
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

PostSubject: Re: Any of you call me Francis, and I'll kill you.   Any of you call me Francis, and I'll kill you. I_icon_minitimeMay 21st 2013, 2:01 am

Welcome to CAMM from NW Indiana.......Jim. Sweet green Challenger!
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

PostSubject: Re: Any of you call me Francis, and I'll kill you.   Any of you call me Francis, and I'll kill you. I_icon_minitimeMay 21st 2013, 2:03 am

And wait wait wait a WOW player? I'm a videogame nerd but not a WOW player. Cool
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

PostSubject: Re: Any of you call me Francis, and I'll kill you.   Any of you call me Francis, and I'll kill you. I_icon_minitimeMay 21st 2013, 4:46 am

Welcome to CAMM from NW Indiana

Sweet color and I'm sure you'll feel right at home here
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Any of you call me Francis, and I'll kill you.   Any of you call me Francis, and I'll kill you. I_icon_minitimeMay 21st 2013, 6:21 am

Welcome Francis, love the color of your car, I was checking it out at the show. I dont see may Chally's in that color.
Back to top Go down
Tom C
CAMM Pro
Tom C

PostSubject: Re: Any of you call me Francis, and I'll kill you.   Any of you call me Francis, and I'll kill you. I_icon_minitimeMay 21st 2013, 6:51 am

Welcome. Beautiful car Francis. By the way Crystal is our big toe.
Back to top Go down
392SRT8
CAMM Member
392SRT8

PostSubject: Re: Any of you call me Francis, and I'll kill you.   Any of you call me Francis, and I'll kill you. I_icon_minitimeMay 21st 2013, 6:56 am

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
stairman
CAMM Pro
stairman

PostSubject: Re: Any of you call me Francis, and I'll kill you.   Any of you call me Francis, and I'll kill you. I_icon_minitimeMay 21st 2013, 1:26 pm

Welcome to CAMM!! Beautiful car!!!!
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Any of you call me Francis, and I'll kill you.   Any of you call me Francis, and I'll kill you. I_icon_minitimeMay 21st 2013, 2:06 pm

Tom C wrote:

Wait why am I a toe?
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Any of you call me Francis, and I'll kill you.   Any of you call me Francis, and I'll kill you. I_icon_minitimeMay 21st 2013, 3:24 pm

Welcome to CAMM!
Back to top Go down
chicagovich
CAMM Pro
chicagovich

PostSubject: Re: Any of you call me Francis, and I'll kill you.   Any of you call me Francis, and I'll kill you. I_icon_minitimeMay 21st 2013, 4:07 pm

Great into Francis, and by the way, if you touch my stuff I'll kill you.

Welcome to CAMM!!!
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

PostSubject: Re: Any of you call me Francis, and I'll kill you.   Any of you call me Francis, and I'll kill you. I_icon_minitimeMay 21st 2013, 4:50 pm

Any of you call me Francis, and I'll kill you. Lighten-up-francis-o
Back to top Go down
kermit
CAMM Pro
kermit

PostSubject: Re: Any of you call me Francis, and I'll kill you.   Any of you call me Francis, and I'll kill you. I_icon_minitimeMay 21st 2013, 5:15 pm

Any of you call me Francis, and I'll kill you. Francis
Thanks for the welcomes.

I see you guys are heading down to Indy in a few weeks. I would have loved to have gone along on that but not enough lead time now. I probably will come to the picnic in July, and anything else I can cram in this summer.

moaugust88 wrote:
Any of you call me Francis, and I'll kill you. Lighten-up-francis-o
Back to top Go down
moparmarc
CAMM Pro
moparmarc

PostSubject: Re: Any of you call me Francis, and I'll kill you.   Any of you call me Francis, and I'll kill you. I_icon_minitimeMay 25th 2013, 3:10 pm

Lighten up Francis, lol
Sweet Challenger Welcome!

Stripes fan, chevy suburban or Urban assault vehicle?? lol
Back to top Go down
Burntclutches
CAMM Member
Burntclutches

PostSubject: Re: Any of you call me Francis, and I'll kill you.   Any of you call me Francis, and I'll kill you. I_icon_minitimeMay 26th 2013, 9:21 pm

eviltrycycle wrote:
Tom C wrote:

Wait why am I a toe?
Because Sgt Hulka (in the GIF) was the big toe of the platoon in Stripes - Classic movie!
Back to top Go down
BigM
CAMM Pro
BigM

PostSubject: Re: Any of you call me Francis, and I'll kill you.   Any of you call me Francis, and I'll kill you. I_icon_minitimeMay 27th 2013, 7:28 am

Welcome from Naperville, I haven't seen you around town would not forget that color and shaker hood!!

If you ever upgrade wheels I've got dibs on the cast offs Smile I put 2010 Chally SRT8 shocks, struts, springs on my Charger and couldn't be happier. The 2011+ stuff is all different and supposed to be even better.

Mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any of you call me Francis, and I'll kill you.   Any of you call me Francis, and I'll kill you. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any of you call me Francis, and I'll kill you.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: CAMM General Discussion :: New Member Introductions-
Jump to: