Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rear Drag Conversion and shit

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Rear Drag Conversion and shit Empty
PostSubject: Rear Drag Conversion and shit   Rear Drag Conversion and shit I_icon_minitimeMay 1st 2013, 4:06 pm

Ok, so how many other dumbasses didn't finish up their winter builds before Spring? I have my hand raised high, lol. I sold the 17" Bogart wheels and Hoosier 10" slicks. Ordered the Wilwood rear drag kit for 15" wheels. It's on backorder, of course. Tim is getting me the 15" Bogart wheels from Rich and the Mickey Thompson 29.5x10.5x15" drag slicks. That will give me another .5" in tire width and almost 2" more in sidewall height.

I'm wondering if I shouldn't change the ring and pinion to a 4.10 or even a 4.30 gear. I'm pretty sure there is going to be a few torque converter changes going on soon. Maybe now on the new NOS setup. Not 100% sure yet. It's looking like I had better figure on losing most of the season to set up changes and testing.

You don't really think I could be so lucky as to come out of the shop and be good to go do you, lol.
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: Rear Drag Conversion and shit   Rear Drag Conversion and shit I_icon_minitimeMay 1st 2013, 7:23 pm

I was hoping you would be good to go out the door. what were your 60' times last year?

bill
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Rear Drag Conversion and shit   Rear Drag Conversion and shit I_icon_minitimeMay 1st 2013, 8:29 pm

Bill, after a certain amount of time when building a race car it gets to a level where each and every change in power may require a change in something else. Things just don't always play nice with each other. Right now it's a lot to do with that tweaked up water pump draining my electrical system. I have a bunch of solenoids to fire and modules and shit that has to have over 12 volts to work right.

If that isn't 100% of the problem then it is my torque converter and maybe my stock tcm that needs to be upgraded. I try to only change shit when it don't play nice anymore. Tim will tell me what I need to do, after he tests it and sends some dyno sheet data to the tc builder. I'll probably swap in a 4600 tc.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Rear Drag Conversion and shit   Rear Drag Conversion and shit I_icon_minitimeMay 1st 2013, 8:41 pm

Racecars are fun huh Tom? Smile

I am behind the ball with being ready for Spring but I am not doing anything close to what you are doing.

Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Rear Drag Conversion and shit   Rear Drag Conversion and shit I_icon_minitimeMay 1st 2013, 9:48 pm

Yeah fun. Maybe not right now, but Tim will have her wiping the paint off my competition soon enough. This race car shit is not for the impatient. I have all summer long to race. It's early yet.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Rear Drag Conversion and shit   Rear Drag Conversion and shit I_icon_minitimeMay 1st 2013, 9:57 pm

I know. Smile

Can't wait to see her run.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rear Drag Conversion and shit   Rear Drag Conversion and shit I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rear Drag Conversion and shit
Page 1 of 1