Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This makes no sense to me ???

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jlg1963
CAMM Pro
jlg1963

This makes no sense to me ??? Empty
PostSubject: This makes no sense to me ???   This makes no sense to me ??? I_icon_minitimeApril 5th 2013, 7:46 pm

So been getting out with the Challenger lately. Car has been in the Garage since December, but all was good and we have had her out 3-4 times this month. So last Saturday I go out and the RR tire is flat..... Mad

Put air in it and was figuring I would need to go visit Discount Tire and get it fixed. Had some things to do before that so just figured I will keep an eye on the pressure shown on the evic, and go latter in day

So I notice the pressure stays stable, spend all day running around and still no change. Go home and park it over night, still thinking I will go out and see the tire low or flat tire.....But nothing....Has now been a week now and pressure is still holding.

Can not believe it is any kind of practical joke, garage is pretty secure and nothing else was different or touched. Just don't see how this could happen.

Any ideas???? crazy
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: This makes no sense to me ???   This makes no sense to me ??? I_icon_minitimeApril 5th 2013, 8:34 pm

Jontoad will know
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: This makes no sense to me ???   This makes no sense to me ??? I_icon_minitimeApril 5th 2013, 9:03 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
Jontoad will know

no idea without looking at it. could be something that isn't sealing on the bead area when you park on it a certain way. or something in the tire that only leaks with the pressure against the ground just right.

if you checked the air when you had it out the time before the flat it might be a sticky valve core that didn't close fully after checking it.
Back to top Go down
jlg1963
CAMM Pro
jlg1963

PostSubject: Re: This makes no sense to me ???   This makes no sense to me ??? I_icon_minitimeApril 5th 2013, 11:44 pm

Had not touched anything, tire pressure was good in December and the 1st time I pulled it out in March, did not check with manual gage used TMPS in evic. It make no sense to me either ...... hope it does not re-occur but will be be keeping an eye on the evic for a while now.
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: This makes no sense to me ???   This makes no sense to me ??? I_icon_minitimeApril 6th 2013, 6:09 am

Not sure if your car came with a spare tire but it might be worth the piece of mind if it didnt. Oh and I have one for sale if you need
Back to top Go down
jlg1963
CAMM Pro
jlg1963

PostSubject: Re: This makes no sense to me ???   This makes no sense to me ??? I_icon_minitimeApril 6th 2013, 6:40 am

jesse031081 wrote:
Not sure if your car came with a spare tire but it might be worth the piece of mind if it didnt. Oh and I have one for sale if you need

I do have the spare, appreciate the offer.. Cool
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: This makes no sense to me ???   This makes no sense to me ??? I_icon_minitimeApril 6th 2013, 12:35 pm

jesse031081 wrote:
Nice try, you would be a shitty salesman
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: This makes no sense to me ???   This makes no sense to me ??? I_icon_minitimeApril 6th 2013, 3:54 pm

A lot of challengers dont come with spare tires dickhead
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: This makes no sense to me ???   This makes no sense to me ??? I_icon_minitimeApril 6th 2013, 8:42 pm

I had that problem when I first mounted my SRT8 rims on my old car, the rear rim was slightly bent, not alot though, and when I mounted them a little barcode looking sticker on the bead of the tire, happened to mount in the same spot of the bend, I just popped the bead off and scraped the sticker off, put a little bead sealer on it and it was fine ever since.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This makes no sense to me ???   This makes no sense to me ??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This makes no sense to me ???
Page 1 of 1