Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My paint is jacked

Go down 
+2
jontoad
funkpolice
6 posters
AuthorMessage
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

My paint is jacked Empty
PostSubject: My paint is jacked   My paint is jacked I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2013, 7:20 pm

I'm looking for really good detailer in the area. I have scratches, swirl marks, chips, you name it all over the place. I don't know anything about paint care (obviously) or restoration, so I need someone that I can trust to let me know if it can be fixed, and what it's gonna cost to do so. I have no clue what something like this cost, but I do know I don't want to spend the money have it painted. So to all you with pretty cars...where should I go?

bill
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

My paint is jacked Empty
PostSubject: Re: My paint is jacked   My paint is jacked I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2013, 7:22 pm

I'm going to try to get to the track on the 7th, so maybe you guys can take a look then, if you have a strong enough stomach for it. pale

bill
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

My paint is jacked Empty
PostSubject: Re: My paint is jacked   My paint is jacked I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2013, 8:39 pm

mine has swirls every spring. i dunno how it happens as it gets put away still clean. i do all my buffing and polishing myself so i don't know how much you would pay for it, but i can look at it to see how bad it is. the forum has recommended people going to PAF perfect auto finish in the past. he hosts the bikini car wash for us too. tell him your from the CAMM forum and he should help you out.

http://www.perfectautofinish.com/
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

My paint is jacked Empty
PostSubject: Re: My paint is jacked   My paint is jacked I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2013, 9:13 pm

It's black, Bill, deal with it. lol. Mine looks like shit too. I keep a coat of wax on it fresh after every wash or it looks like crap. We are probably the only ones that can see the imperfections. I do know that how you dry it and how you remove the wax has alot to do with false swirl marks. Sometimes it's just the towel or micro fiber that leaves a residue that another towel will remove.

Last edited by Illinois Chaos on March 27th 2013, 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

My paint is jacked Empty
PostSubject: Re: My paint is jacked   My paint is jacked I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2013, 9:13 pm

I had my Charger fully detailed once and it cost me $150. Well worth the money and it really did look like a different car when they were done. But I quickly learned how to do it myself. Most swirls happen from incorrectly washing and drying your car, I should know, I used to swirl the shit out of my car when I first got it.

This is the video I watched to teach me how to correctly wash my car and it helped me out a shit ton.

Also I would like to add that a nice coat of wax will fill in any light swirl marks, so that will help hide them if you cant buff them all out.
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

My paint is jacked Empty
PostSubject: Re: My paint is jacked   My paint is jacked I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2013, 10:18 pm

that video made me chuckle all the way to the creepy campfire finale. Good stuff though. I know black is a bitch, even more so for a daily driver, but it's pretty gnarly now. It was "super kissed" too many times to count the first few years I had it. I then bought a cheap dual action buffer with a three step polish kit but I didn't feel like it made a big enough improvement to justify the time it took, probably because I don't know what I'm doing. I don't want to maintain a show car finish but it's 6 yrs old so I feel like it's time for a reset. I'll give PAF a call and have them take a look. If I could get a solid improvement for 150 bucks I'd be all over it, I was thinking more like 500 bucks. thanks,
bill
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

My paint is jacked Empty
PostSubject: Re: My paint is jacked   My paint is jacked I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2013, 10:40 pm

Bill, if that doesn't work out Id be a happy to help you with a camo paint job!
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

My paint is jacked Empty
PostSubject: Re: My paint is jacked   My paint is jacked I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2013, 10:42 pm

I use the black box stuff on my winter beater, it works decent on that and it fills all the imperfections. FYI its messy
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

My paint is jacked Empty
PostSubject: Re: My paint is jacked   My paint is jacked I_icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2013, 6:26 am

Ask for Kevin when you call PAF. Tell him you know Shawn with the Charger, he will probably hang up on you or tell you to fuck off, lol. He might have changed his number as they dont have the big bldg anymore, they moved next door. He is doing details only now, no more hand washes. I will ask him if he still has the same number.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

My paint is jacked Empty
PostSubject: Re: My paint is jacked   My paint is jacked I_icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2013, 8:15 am

Just spoke with Kevin and you can contact him @ 630-980-4889. He is only detailing Sat and Sun rite now. You are looking at between $125-$250 depending on how bad paint really is. My guess from what you describe $250. $125 will get you full wash, clay bar, light cut 1 step buff, and polish. $250 gets you all the same except for you get a heavy cut, 2 step buff. As far as chips you would need to have someone else touch those up. Go to your local dealer where you bought the car and ask who does there touch-ups. 90% of dealers use a mobile guy who airbrushes the touch ups. Comes out 100% better than if you were to touch up with a touch up paint and brush. I used to know a guy who did it and touched up a few cars for me, but he moved to Florida. Kevin might even know a guy. I highly recommend Kevin for detailing, he would always detail my Charger before World of Wheels if I didnt have time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My paint is jacked Empty
PostSubject: Re: My paint is jacked   My paint is jacked I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My paint is jacked
Page 1 of 1