Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jeep srt8 build has begun!!!!!

Go down 
+10
csurane24
irishrt5.7
chicagovich
liljoejoe54
stairman
jamesv82
jesse031081
Illinois Chaos
jontoad
Shawn1112
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Jeep srt8 build has begun!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Jeep srt8 build has begun!!!!!   Jeep srt8 build has begun!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2013, 8:38 pm

Well my go fast mods are underway with a target date of end of May/early June for the install. As long as no surprise expenses pop up that date should be very doable, maybe sooner if I can get some OT at work.
Ekaz is helping me out with everything, and will be doing the install since our Modfather is retired, Tim will be tuning it. My goal is 470hp to the wheels, realistically talking will be happy with 450whp. Will keep this thread updated. PWR will be providing the main components. Cam is spec'd out and ordered this week, its going to be a custom cam thats got some lope. Ekaz is going to email me the final specs. I already bought a SLP 25% underdrive pulley from Big Smoke, only has about 800 miles on it. As far as headers, still undecided on which ones. Kooks are about $1350, and I can get OBX headers which are a mirror knock off of Kooks for half the price. I have talked with people that have the OBX headers and they have no complaints.
List of goodies

PWR custom camshaft "got it"
PWR Mean Street Heads "got it"
SLP 25% Underdrive pulley "got it"
Long Tube Headers w/ hi flo cats "got it"
Forged pushrods "got it"
Misc parts and pieces for install "got it"
Water Pump " got it"
Timing chain and cover "got it"

Hopefully by mid to end of summer, ported intake and either 85mm or 90mm TB

Last edited by Shawn1112 on April 30th 2013, 8:44 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Jeep srt8 build has begun!!!!!   Jeep srt8 build has begun!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2013, 8:44 pm

sounds like a good setup.

you really want to have that underdrive pulley and a system? i have always tried to avoid running an underdrive if i can.

Last edited by jontoad on March 25th 2013, 8:49 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Jeep srt8 build has begun!!!!!   Jeep srt8 build has begun!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2013, 8:45 pm

Good shit, mang.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Jeep srt8 build has begun!!!!!   Jeep srt8 build has begun!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2013, 8:46 pm

jontoad wrote:
sounds like a good setup.

you really want to have that underdrive pulley and a system? i have always tried to avoid running an underdrive if i can.
Keeping the system to a minimum, just the 600.1 amp and 1 sub I have now. If it affects it I will add a Kinetic battery just for the amp.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Jeep srt8 build has begun!!!!!   Jeep srt8 build has begun!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2013, 8:48 pm

cool. i am playing with the idea of using one because the underdrive is good for the power steering pump on our cars. helps them not burn up since they won't have as many rpms vs the motors high rpm usage. i am already on my second PS pump due to how much first gear i use on most autox courses.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Jeep srt8 build has begun!!!!!   Jeep srt8 build has begun!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2013, 8:55 pm

It's a trade off with underdrive. On one hand you will probably gain 10-12 hp from reducing a little parasitic loss from the alt., ps. and water pump. I wouldn't be adding a more powerful amp in the mix. Your bat. will go dead, probably.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Jeep srt8 build has begun!!!!!   Jeep srt8 build has begun!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2013, 9:08 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
It's a trade off with underdrive. On one hand you will probably gain 10-12 hp from reducing a little parasitic loss from the alt., ps. and water pump. I wouldn't be adding a more powerful amp in the mix. Your bat. will go dead, probably.
Already have a small 600 watt amp, not gonna go any bigger
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: Jeep srt8 build has begun!!!!!   Jeep srt8 build has begun!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2013, 9:09 pm

Cool brother, congrats on the goodies and hopefully youll hit your numbers! Definitely keep us posted
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

PostSubject: Re: Jeep srt8 build has begun!!!!!   Jeep srt8 build has begun!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2013, 9:59 pm

thats cool, the track days are def going to be fun for u
Back to top Go down
stairman
CAMM Pro
stairman

PostSubject: Re: Jeep srt8 build has begun!!!!!   Jeep srt8 build has begun!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2013, 10:06 pm

Whoa!!! Now that's a list!! Take plenty of pics during the build Rock On
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Jeep srt8 build has begun!!!!!   Jeep srt8 build has begun!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2013, 10:28 pm

Lol you didnt waste any time on this one bro! Cant wait to see that thing at the track this summer!
Back to top Go down
chicagovich
CAMM Pro
chicagovich

PostSubject: Re: Jeep srt8 build has begun!!!!!   Jeep srt8 build has begun!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2013, 4:24 am

Cool; I'm starting to feel slow with all the action going on. Sounds like a good plan to me- good luck!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Jeep srt8 build has begun!!!!!   Jeep srt8 build has begun!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2013, 6:32 am

jamesv82 wrote:
Street races are going to be fun, pocketing all those chumps money. Main reason I am going internal with the build vs a supercharger.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Jeep srt8 build has begun!!!!!   Jeep srt8 build has begun!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2013, 6:34 am

Also, like 90% sure I'm gonna spray it by mid summer. At the most a 100 shot, and will be used for track/street racing only.
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Jeep srt8 build has begun!!!!!   Jeep srt8 build has begun!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2013, 8:12 am

Awesome list here shawn.. cant wait to see it run at the track this year..even though maggie will not be here anymore i will still be up there to spectate alot..
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

PostSubject: Re: Jeep srt8 build has begun!!!!!   Jeep srt8 build has begun!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2013, 10:17 am

Shawn1112 wrote:
jamesv82 wrote:
Street races are going to be fun, pocketing all those chumps money. Main reason I am going internal with the build vs a supercharger.

Damn even better, vaca money and mod money.
Back to top Go down
csurane24
CAMM Member
csurane24

PostSubject: Re: Jeep srt8 build has begun!!!!!   Jeep srt8 build has begun!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2013, 3:53 pm

We will have to have a little race when you're done with it
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Jeep srt8 build has begun!!!!!   Jeep srt8 build has begun!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2013, 4:06 pm

csurane24 wrote:
Fosho!!!!! on the street or at the track?
Back to top Go down
csurane24
CAMM Member
csurane24

PostSubject: Re: Jeep srt8 build has begun!!!!!   Jeep srt8 build has begun!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2013, 4:48 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
csurane24 wrote:
Fosho!!!!! on the street or at the track?

Either or.
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: Jeep srt8 build has begun!!!!!   Jeep srt8 build has begun!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2013, 6:35 pm

going to be awesome. I kind of wish I would have saved some more and done heads too. any trans mods?

bill
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Jeep srt8 build has begun!!!!!   Jeep srt8 build has begun!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2013, 7:57 pm

funkpolice wrote:
going to be awesome. I kind of wish I would have saved some more and done heads too. any trans mods?

bill
The way I beat on my shit, I more than likely will be getting a new trans next winter. If the money allows I might do an upgraded valve body to buy some time
Back to top Go down
osoish08
CAMM Member
osoish08

PostSubject: Re: Jeep srt8 build has begun!!!!!   Jeep srt8 build has begun!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2013, 2:11 pm

Nice bro, dropping off my jeep tonight and have most of my parts ready. Big build on the way as well. I have SW headers bro lol..... ready for you to pick up.... Also, text sent on heads......

We will have to line them up soon
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Jeep srt8 build has begun!!!!!   Jeep srt8 build has begun!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2013, 4:58 pm

Really gonna be a beast after the install and dyno tune. You will pick up another hundo in rwp. You really gonna do the intake, later. IMHO it seems like such a waste of money for the puny gains. Just hack out the holes yourself with a file lol.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Jeep srt8 build has begun!!!!!   Jeep srt8 build has begun!!!!! I_icon_minitimeApril 12th 2013, 1:45 pm

Update:
With PWR having the 15% off sale this Monday I had to act fast. Was going to wait another month for the heads, but sale wont be there in a month. So everything is ordered for my build. Giving Ish 1/2 the money for headers and mids tomorrow, and the other half within 2 weeks. So after I completely pay for headers, I have to go get them coated, which takes about a week. So I need to save up for the other half of headers, install, and tune. My guess is will be ready for install in about a month, 6 weeks at the most.
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

PostSubject: Re: Jeep srt8 build has begun!!!!!   Jeep srt8 build has begun!!!!! I_icon_minitimeApril 12th 2013, 3:40 pm

Damn man congrats and right before Indy

I'm up at Adams's work right now getting rims tires and the shave done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jeep srt8 build has begun!!!!!   Jeep srt8 build has begun!!!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jeep srt8 build has begun!!!!!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Engine & Trans Performance-
Jump to: