Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kooks longtube headers andCMR tune

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BackNBlack
Founding Member
Founding Member
BackNBlack

Kooks longtube headers andCMR tune Empty
PostSubject: Kooks longtube headers andCMR tune   Kooks longtube headers andCMR tune I_icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2013, 7:15 pm

The wife is going to kill me but, I couldn't pass up this option.
On April 8th the Charger goes in for the install.
Kooks 1 7/8 long-tube headers with green high flow kats and a custom tune.
Im very excited for the overall install and CMR tune considering the tuner is a highly recommended in the Midwest area.

I know im not going to see huge gains, but I think it is a great investment considering im going to keep this beast.

Here are some clips that got me convinced to go kooks on a srt.

2012 Charger SRT8 vs Mustang GT Roushcharged - YouTube

Charger SRT8 2012 Kook's Exhaust - YouTube

As for hrspwr gains with the longtubes and CMR tune..... what do you think?
10 hrsp....15hrps... 30 hrps??? I have a idea... but im all ears.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Kooks longtube headers andCMR tune   Kooks longtube headers andCMR tune I_icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2013, 8:23 pm

15rwhp and 20tq my guess
Back to top Go down
BackNBlack
Founding Member
Founding Member
BackNBlack

PostSubject: Re: Kooks longtube headers andCMR tune   Kooks longtube headers andCMR tune I_icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2013, 11:46 pm

I talked to FLP today regarding the tune and install. They mentioned I will be the first 2012 392 long tube and tune install. I'm excited they are being proactive and doing their homework on my car.

They have been talking to Diablo to see what limits/expectations are for the CMR tune after the install.
Even though the install is not until April 8th......man I wish it was tomorrow. FLP seems very excited to see the outcome.
I sent my stock graph from modern muscle to FLP, and they see that this beast is sucking a lot of fuel. They seem very optimistic on a good hrsp/trq improvement.
To refresh everyone's memory, she ran 430rwh & 445 trq on the first and 425rwh and 441trq on the second.

Considering what I have already put on aftermarket....im feeling also very optimistic. I guess we will have to wait.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Kooks longtube headers andCMR tune   Kooks longtube headers andCMR tune I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2013, 6:53 pm

looking forward to hearing it. that should sound beastly.
Back to top Go down
csurane24
CAMM Member
csurane24

PostSubject: Re: Kooks longtube headers andCMR tune   Kooks longtube headers andCMR tune I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2013, 7:19 pm

The mod bug is a expensive bug. Congrats on being another 392 pioneer.
Back to top Go down
BackNBlack
Founding Member
Founding Member
BackNBlack

PostSubject: Re: Kooks longtube headers andCMR tune   Kooks longtube headers andCMR tune I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2013, 9:17 pm

csurane24 wrote:
The mod bug is a expensive bug. Congrats on being another 392 pioneer.

Hell yeah it is! I figure I get it out of the way since we all now what to expect. Let someone else shovel the path for internals or a supercharger as a test mule.

Im kinda gitty ...wonderind what she will get with the first stage of mods and tune.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Kooks longtube headers andCMR tune   Kooks longtube headers andCMR tune I_icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2013, 6:20 pm

When was CMR tuning released for the 392?
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Kooks longtube headers andCMR tune   Kooks longtube headers andCMR tune I_icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2013, 6:28 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
When was CMR tuning released for the 392?
I was kind of thinking the same thing? But dont follow the 392 that much, why I didnt ask.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Kooks longtube headers andCMR tune   Kooks longtube headers andCMR tune I_icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2013, 6:53 pm

Only way I know of is with a 2008 PCM.
Back to top Go down
csurane24
CAMM Member
csurane24

PostSubject: Re: Kooks longtube headers andCMR tune   Kooks longtube headers andCMR tune I_icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2013, 7:46 pm

The first charger with a tvs2300 is done. It put down like 560/530 or something like that.
Back to top Go down
BackNBlack
Founding Member
Founding Member
BackNBlack

PostSubject: Re: Kooks longtube headers andCMR tune   Kooks longtube headers andCMR tune I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2013, 9:26 am

Just before last Xmas I has my catback installed and Modern Muscle mentioned to me they can tune my car now.
Over at the other Forumzzz, there is of buzz about 2012 SRTs going in for tuning.

here is one post:

B&G Tune Dyno Results, 17hp/22tq

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey All,
Got the latest Rev3 B&G tune. Same tune with all the tq mgmt removed, but tighter AFR.

Zero issues, none whatsoeve. Car literally lunges forward after shifts, and Mustand Dyno'd showed peak gains in the midrange RPM of 17hp/22tq. Rev3 is great. No cheerleader or getting anything out of posting this - just wanted to share my results.
htt p://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p613/mshalaby/2012ChargerSrtBampGTune1of1_zpsed2d40a6.jpg

https://2img.net/h/i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p613/mshalaby/Dyno1_zpsa86c83f9.jpg

https://2img.net/h/i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p613/mshalaby/Dyno2_zps9972e156.jpg

Mods are AFE Infake & Corsa Extreme Catback. All bolt ons were done months ago and were ran for both base run, and after tune.

The B&G tune cost about $350 or $400 I think? I also purchased a brand new ECU as well so I could go back to stock if needed. My total was arojnd $900.

The tune really isnt about HP/TQ. More Tq Mgmt removal, firmer shifts, less lag, etc... but Rev3 now has tighter AFR in the mid 12's at WOT, yielding these gains.

The car feels more alive, shifts at WOT are quick and no bog down, and mid rpm gains are verh good IMO.

Mustang Dyno ran true. Did back to back base runs, got identical #'s. Installed the tune and cooled down a bit, ran back to back runs and the gains were identical both runs.

Mustang dyno gave 420hp. If i was on a DynoJet, Id be at 460hp at the wheel, lol. Mustang is much more accurate.

A Mustang dyno is a load bearing dyno, and some dynojets are so it would read similar. I personally wouldnt want my A/F ratio that lean on stock pistons but to each his own..... I dont think its worth the few extra ponies you might pick up.

Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Kooks longtube headers andCMR tune   Kooks longtube headers andCMR tune I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2013, 4:49 pm

Yeah the B&G Dave Kasper thing. B&G chips have a long history, that's for sure. Not exactly alot of info on what the tune is. The ONLY true CMR dyno tune available to date on the 392 is the $3500 solution, which is a 2008 PCM and a dyno tune.

I did hear that Dave and AJ Berg from Arrington are now working together on this B&G project, so that is encouraging. AJ (Hemituner) on the forums is one of the top tuners in the country, but he is in Va., not Illinois.

You might want to read this thread before you do anything with a B&G chip. I just don't want to see you get mislead.

http://modernmoparforum.com/topic/7338-bg-tune-issue/
Back to top Go down
BackNBlack
Founding Member
Founding Member
BackNBlack

PostSubject: Re: Kooks longtube headers andCMR tune   Kooks longtube headers andCMR tune I_icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2013, 12:57 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
Yeah the B&G Dave Kasper thing. B&G chips have a long history, that's for sure. Not exactly alot of info on what the tune is. The ONLY true CMR dyno tune available to date on the 392 is the $3500 solution, which is a 2008 PCM and a dyno tune.

I did hear that Dave and AJ Berg from Arrington are now working together on this B&G project, so that is encouraging. AJ (Hemituner) on the forums is one of the top tuners in the country, but he is in Va., not Illinois.

You might want to read this thread before you do anything with a B&G chip. I just don't want to see you get mislead.

http://modernmoparforum.com/topic/7338-bg-tune-issue/

Sorry, That was Donkey of me to even post B&G info. Im of course not doing the B&G and shouldn't of posted that. Was just using it in a recent reference.

This is sharing knowledge I was told just from Diablosport and F.L.P. The CMR tuning is available to 2011 and 2012 SRT without purchasing the 2008 PCM.
They have to CMR tune because of the new placing of the longtubes and high-flow kats with the sensors.
F.L.P. has already CMR tuned a couple of 2012 SRT 300's.
Back to top Go down
BackNBlack
Founding Member
Founding Member
BackNBlack

PostSubject: Re: Kooks longtube headers andCMR tune   Kooks longtube headers andCMR tune I_icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2013, 9:59 pm

Here is kooks introduction of their new longtubes. The only thing they do not talk about is their new Green high flow kats.

Enjoy Popcorn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thrfCfWZVhs
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Kooks longtube headers andCMR tune   Kooks longtube headers andCMR tune I_icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2013, 10:58 pm

I like Kooks. I run mine into turndowns right out of the collector.
Back to top Go down
BackNBlack
Founding Member
Founding Member
BackNBlack

PostSubject: Re: Kooks longtube headers andCMR tune   Kooks longtube headers andCMR tune I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2013, 6:17 pm

Mod update.

So Sunday I was driving to the track to me up with everyone. Some how... I found myself magically at F.L.P. parking lot instead. lol j/k

F.L.P. finished the kooks install. They said Chrylser/Dodge didn't make it any easier with the 392. Which we figured...

Dan put her on the dyno about 4pm today. So he thinks he should be done tuning her by tomorrow morning.

As for vid clips of the car or pics...... sorry but "THIS POST IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kooks longtube headers andCMR tune   Kooks longtube headers andCMR tune I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kooks longtube headers andCMR tune
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Exhaust-
Jump to: