Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need some opinions

Go down 
+7
Illinois Chaos
jesse031081
chaynick
funkpolice
Shawn1112
jontoad
Moparcharger07
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

Need some opinions Empty
PostSubject: Need some opinions   Need some opinions I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2013, 8:08 pm

Kind of at a stand still right now, I got everything else done underhood I was looking to do. BUT now I'm at the point where I need to get my half covers painted. I installed all my billet, painted all the stuff I wanted to paint (painted myself thank you very much LoL), bought an AFE stage 2 intake and shaved it, braided hoses, billet thermostat housing, probably some other stuff as well. BUT I made these half cover out of 16g sheet metal, bent em up, welded them (now that I have a welder), smoothed and primered them, and now... well they are sitting in primer lol. Any ideas??

I have a couple ideas, either base coat of purple with some silver true fire (but true fire is pretty common, I REALLY like it though), OR purple with silver lettering like the stock half covers (to stay simple), OR silver to match the manifold with purple true fire........

Here are some shitty cell pics, thanks in advance

Need some opinions 130302_214230_zps8af8f347
Need some opinions 130302_214243_zps141bf1a6
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

Need some opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some opinions   Need some opinions I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2013, 8:23 pm

looks great so far.

i have a feeling if you go purple you will think your silver manifold needs to get some color. not sure...

its a lot of work but a polished manifold would go great with your catch can and other polished pieces.

my sliver manifold is starting to bother me too. some day i will make it dark red.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Need some opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some opinions   Need some opinions I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2013, 8:38 pm

Purple with silver true fire
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

Need some opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some opinions   Need some opinions I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2013, 8:56 pm

I think a polished manifold and polished half covers with purple lettering would look good. which braided hose kit did you use again? no problems with it?

bill
Back to top Go down
chaynick
CAMM Member
chaynick

Need some opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some opinions   Need some opinions I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2013, 9:42 pm

I would go with Hemi Orange

Need some opinions 1_zpsc1a8a3cc
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

Need some opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some opinions   Need some opinions I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2013, 9:50 pm

funkpolice wrote:
I think a polished manifold and polished half covers with purple lettering would look good. which braided hose kit did you use again? no problems with it?

bill

I ordered the Summit braided hose sleeve kit. They just slide over, they are a pain in the ass to get perfect, I have a few spots where the braided parts look spread out. But I'll try to work them out sometime.

I'll have to get some good camera pics, cause after looking at them they look like crap lol
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

Need some opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some opinions   Need some opinions I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2013, 10:11 pm

Are you gonna be one of the people decked out in purple at car shows now?

Need some opinions Grim_zps226d806b
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

Need some opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some opinions   Need some opinions I_icon_minitimeMarch 6th 2013, 7:48 am

Hell yeah man, purple shoes, purple sunglasses, purple jacket lol
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Need some opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some opinions   Need some opinions I_icon_minitimeMarch 6th 2013, 10:31 am

Is your car engaged to Chris? Looks good, bro.
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

Need some opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some opinions   Need some opinions I_icon_minitimeMarch 7th 2013, 8:52 pm

As much as I've been thinking about it, I wanna break up some of the purple I think, plus it might be cheaper. Think I might go with silver, with purple HEMI 6.1 letters like the stock half covers, MIGHT go with a purple ghost flame maybe. I liek to do things myself lol

I half to send my REC radio out to have it repaired. The screen has a bunch of lines through it, I bought it like that, it was easier to talk them down on price. So I know it isnt cheap to have it repaired, I gotta save some cash a little
Back to top Go down
GSB06SRT
CAMM Pro
GSB06SRT

Need some opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some opinions   Need some opinions I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2013, 6:12 pm

If you find a screen I can swap it out for ya no charge just holla man.

Need some opinions 006b
Back to top Go down
BigM
CAMM Pro
BigM

Need some opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some opinions   Need some opinions I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2013, 11:17 pm

Adam nice SRT8 sorry to see your matte black beauty got smushed, I haven't caught up on the forums in a while.
Back to top Go down
srtdoodzer
CAMM Member
srtdoodzer

Need some opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some opinions   Need some opinions I_icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2013, 5:21 pm

Looks great so far. I actually liked the hemi orange suggestion.
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

Need some opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some opinions   Need some opinions I_icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2013, 8:02 pm

half covers came out great

the purple ghost flames would look cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Need some opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some opinions   Need some opinions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need some opinions
Page 1 of 1