Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Opinions on what to buy... mods or newer charger...?

Go down 
+6
firestartr420
jamesv82
Shawn1112
chicagovich
jontoad
iluvhemi
10 posters
AuthorMessage
iluvhemi
CAMM Member
iluvhemi

Opinions on what to buy... mods or newer charger...? Empty
PostSubject: Opinions on what to buy... mods or newer charger...?   Opinions on what to buy... mods or newer charger...? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2013, 10:46 am

I have been aggressively paying off my car since last year May. I'm literally living off $60 a week and the rest goes into savings & car payment. I have saved enough to mod the living shit outta my Daytona. I really want to supercharge my car and bring it to life. but... my parents said why don't I get a 2012 Dodge Charger with low miles that will last me a lot longer when it's paid off. My Daytona just hit 90k miles Sad and I'm starting to question if I should invest in it. Opinions? Advice? I really do love the '12 Charger Smile
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on what to buy... mods or newer charger...?   Opinions on what to buy... mods or newer charger...? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2013, 12:11 pm

Get a core model SRT or a superbee. You can find some bee's that have just been sitting on dealers lots.
Back to top Go down
chicagovich
CAMM Pro
chicagovich

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on what to buy... mods or newer charger...?   Opinions on what to buy... mods or newer charger...? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2013, 2:07 pm

^^^ what he said.

IMO, 90,000 miles is quite a bit for the mods you're talking about.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on what to buy... mods or newer charger...?   Opinions on what to buy... mods or newer charger...? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2013, 3:02 pm

I agree with Toad. There are deals to be had out there rite now.
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on what to buy... mods or newer charger...?   Opinions on what to buy... mods or newer charger...? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2013, 3:30 pm

I agree with all the info above. Plus you can drive your current car as your daily and bring out the srt or superbee only when it's nice
Back to top Go down
iluvhemi
CAMM Member
iluvhemi

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on what to buy... mods or newer charger...?   Opinions on what to buy... mods or newer charger...? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2013, 5:38 pm

Hmm. I can't afford 2 cars lol :p I would be trading in the daytona to the newer chargers with low miles.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on what to buy... mods or newer charger...?   Opinions on what to buy... mods or newer charger...? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2013, 6:31 pm

Gerardoloez wrote:
Hmm. I can't afford 2 cars lol :p I would be trading in the daytona to the newer chargers with low miles.
I understood what you meant, excuse the Raiders fan from Indiana
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on what to buy... mods or newer charger...?   Opinions on what to buy... mods or newer charger...? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2013, 7:15 pm

just buy the newer one.... 90K is a lot of miles.... put the money towards a newer car that has a larger engine to start with and the mod the crap out of that one..... you'll be happier in the long run anyway...
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on what to buy... mods or newer charger...?   Opinions on what to buy... mods or newer charger...? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2013, 9:15 pm

If you like the older body style, I recently saw a brand new 07 srt charger for sale in Woodstock. Brilliant black $34k or buy my old Challenger with a bunch of mods already done.
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on what to buy... mods or newer charger...?   Opinions on what to buy... mods or newer charger...? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2013, 12:44 am

Shawn1112 wrote:

LOL, so it's like that.....
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on what to buy... mods or newer charger...?   Opinions on what to buy... mods or newer charger...? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2013, 9:01 am

jamesv82 wrote:
Shawn1112 wrote:

LOL, so it's like that.....
Gotta get them in when the opportunity presents its self! lol
Back to top Go down
ChicagoSRT8
CAMM Member
ChicagoSRT8

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on what to buy... mods or newer charger...?   Opinions on what to buy... mods or newer charger...? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2013, 2:05 pm

I dont know what your financial situation is, but if all you have is $60 a weeek left after savings and car payment....i dunno man.

It's not like a 2012 Charger is cheap.
Just a thought.

How about finish paying your current Charger, sell it privately, then buy a newer Charger. The dealer will not give you what your car is worth most of the time.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on what to buy... mods or newer charger...?   Opinions on what to buy... mods or newer charger...? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2013, 2:07 pm

ChicagoSRT8 wrote:
I dont know what your financial situation is, but if all you have is $60 a weeek left after savings and car payment....i dunno man.

Just a thought.

How about finish paying your current Charger, sell it privately, then buy a newer Charger. The dealer will not give you what your car is worth most of the time.
He will get really close to what its worth if buying a newer srt8. They need to move them asap.
Back to top Go down
iluvhemi
CAMM Member
iluvhemi

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on what to buy... mods or newer charger...?   Opinions on what to buy... mods or newer charger...? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2013, 8:29 pm

firestartr420 wrote:
just buy the newer one.... 90K is a lot of miles.... put the money towards a newer car that has a larger engine to start with and the mod the crap out of that one..... you'll be happier in the long run anyway...

This is what I wanted to hear cheers
Back to top Go down
iluvhemi
CAMM Member
iluvhemi

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on what to buy... mods or newer charger...?   Opinions on what to buy... mods or newer charger...? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2013, 8:32 pm

ChicagoSRT8 wrote:

Just a thought.

I can afford a used 2012 charger ($18k-25k) ONCE i either payoff or bring down my current loan down. It's the 90k mile mark... bummer lol
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on what to buy... mods or newer charger...?   Opinions on what to buy... mods or newer charger...? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2013, 9:21 pm

You're gonna give people seizures with that avatar of yours.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on what to buy... mods or newer charger...?   Opinions on what to buy... mods or newer charger...? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2013, 8:40 am

<begins seizing> Rock On Rock On
Back to top Go down
stairman
CAMM Pro
stairman

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on what to buy... mods or newer charger...?   Opinions on what to buy... mods or newer charger...? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2013, 5:25 pm

jesse031081 wrote:
You're gonna give people seizures with that avatar of yours.

Ok cool, I thought I was tripping from my meds. And I agree with what Tom (firestartr420) said " put the money towards a newer car that has a larger engine to start with and the mod the crap out of that one..... you'll be happier in the long run anyway..."
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on what to buy... mods or newer charger...?   Opinions on what to buy... mods or newer charger...? I_icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2013, 7:59 am

I know someone who is thinking about doing the same as you. Keep the old car and mod it or get something newer/ less miles. Its a big decision.

You have to make sure you can live, having a cool car is nice but being able to eat and have heat at your house is much nicer.

But look at it this way either way you will have a badass car. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on what to buy... mods or newer charger...?   Opinions on what to buy... mods or newer charger...? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Opinions on what to buy... mods or newer charger...?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: CAMM General Discussion :: General Discussion-
Jump to: