Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WTF again

Go down 
+5
eviltrycycle
jesse031081
jontoad
Illinois Chaos
Shawn1112
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

WTF again Empty
PostSubject: WTF again   WTF again I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2013, 6:15 pm

Just this week I have saved enough to order my exhaust. Coming home from Lake Zurich today I blast a pot hole about a mile from my house in broad daylight. Tore the inside sidewall. I was lucky enough to be able to nurse it home, so I didnt need a tow truck. No I wasnt drunk or hung over, it wasnt a wide pothole, long and narrow. I was switching lanes and saw it at last minute, was able to avoid with front tire but the rear caught in in the rite spot I guess. Just my fucking luck, I figured Karma has did me over 100 times over from my youth, I guess its not completely done yet?????
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

WTF again Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF again   WTF again I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2013, 6:58 pm

bummer.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

WTF again Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF again   WTF again I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2013, 7:24 pm

i'm just hoping the tire took all the impact and the rim isn't bent at all. the back side is the easy side to bend.
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

WTF again Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF again   WTF again I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2013, 7:28 pm

Buying new tires kinda sucks! Hopefully thats all it is
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

WTF again Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF again   WTF again I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2013, 7:53 pm

jesse031081 wrote:
Buying new tires kinda sucks! Hopefully thats all it is
Just bought 4 new tires 6 weeks ago
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

WTF again Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF again   WTF again I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2013, 7:54 pm

jontoad wrote:
i'm just hoping the tire took all the impact and the rim isn't bent at all. the back side is the easy side to bend.
Doesnt have any bends I can see, but I'm sure you will be able to tell tomorrow when I come see you
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

WTF again Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF again   WTF again I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2013, 8:45 pm

That blows dude. Your pothole luck is as good as my re-tread luck.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

WTF again Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF again   WTF again I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2013, 9:05 pm

eviltrycycle wrote:
That blows dude. Your pothole luck is as good as my re-tread luck.

your re-tread luck is so bad it almost got me too. i need to increase my following distance around crazy drivers. lol.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

WTF again Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF again   WTF again I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2013, 9:08 pm

nanner

I know. Sad
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

WTF again Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF again   WTF again I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2013, 12:27 am

Damn man that sucks.

Like jt and jesse said, hope its just the tire
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

WTF again Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF again   WTF again I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2013, 6:40 pm

Well it was only tire and not as bad as I thought price wise due to a super fucking kool guy at Discount Tire in Palatine. Guy asked what happened I told him, he looked me up in computer and asked why I didnt buy "Road Hazard" package when I bought the tires 6 weeks ago. I told him I didnt know it covered pot holes. So what he did was had me buy the package today, and pay the cost for the replacement with road hazard package. Long story short I paid about $100 less by buying package than new tire would have cost. Paid $197 instead of almost $300 for new tire, and now all 4 tires have road hazard package. Still thats $200 I dont have for exhaust now.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

WTF again Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF again   WTF again I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2013, 8:53 pm

glad he took care of you since we didn't have the tire in stock.

now watch out for them damn potholes.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

WTF again Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF again   WTF again I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2013, 8:58 pm

jontoad wrote:
glad he took care of you since we didn't have the tire in stock.

now watch out for them damn potholes.
lol, will do.
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

WTF again Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF again   WTF again I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2013, 9:23 pm

what does the hazard package mean? Is it a discounted replacement price in the future?
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

WTF again Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF again   WTF again I_icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2013, 8:56 am

Something like that, I paid like $35 for replacement and its pro rated as too how much thread depth is left. Maybe Jon can explain a little better.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

WTF again Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF again   WTF again I_icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2013, 10:58 am

discount tire has 2 road hazard options. a free pro-rated one, and an exclusive free tire replacement road hazard option.

with every tire we sell you get a free pro-rated road hazard automatically (the one other companies make you pay for) on the tire itself (install and fees are not covered.)

for an additional fee you can get the free road hazard replacement option we cal certificate coverage. the cost is based on a percentage of the tires value so it is different cost for different tires. it covers any road hazard (pothole damage, nails in places that can not be fixed, ect) for a free tire and free install.

say Shawn hits another pothole and ruins a tire. with the certificate coverage he would get a free tire no matter what the tread is at as long as it is over the wear bar. labor and all fees are covered also for free on the replacement tire. the only thing he would have to pay for is if he wanted the coverage on the new tire that is being installed.

alignment wear and vandalism are the only things not covered. otherwise people would be stabbing their tires left and right when they get low on tread for free tires. lol. (we do have people try this and it's pretty obvious.)
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

WTF again Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF again   WTF again I_icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2013, 5:27 pm

ha, "I just ran over this switchblade."

I'll have to look and see what i have. I'm pretty sure I paid extra for something, but I can't remember now.
Back to top Go down
BackNBlack
Founding Member
Founding Member
BackNBlack

WTF again Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF again   WTF again I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2013, 11:28 pm

jontoad wrote:
discount tire has 2 road hazard options. a free pro-rated one, and an exclusive free tire replacement road hazard option.

with every tire we sell you get a free pro-rated road hazard automatically (the one other companies make you pay for) on the tire itself (install and fees are not covered.)

for an additional fee you can get the free road hazard replacement option we cal certificate coverage. the cost is based on a percentage of the tires value so it is different cost for different tires. it covers any road hazard (pothole damage, nails in places that can not be fixed, ect) for a free tire and free install.

say Shawn hits another pothole and ruins a tire. with the certificate coverage he would get a free tire no matter what the tread is at as long as it is over the wear bar. labor and all fees are covered also for free on the replacement tire. the only thing he would have to pay for is if he wanted the coverage on the new tire that is being installed.

alignment wear and vandalism are the only things not covered. otherwise people would be stabbing their tires left and right when they get low on tread for free tires. lol. (we do have people try this and it's pretty obvious.)

ohhh wait! So I shouldn't of stabbed my tire then?? Laughing
Back to top Go down
canuhemi
CAMM Member
canuhemi

WTF again Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF again   WTF again I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2013, 2:15 pm

No road hazard on the tires?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WTF again Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF again   WTF again I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WTF again
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: CAMM General Discussion :: General Discussion-
Jump to: