Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dressing up the engine a little bit

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jgraun
CAMM Member
jgraun

Dressing up the engine a little bit Empty
PostSubject: Dressing up the engine a little bit   Dressing up the engine a little bit I_icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2013, 2:22 pm

So just ordered some covers and big bully intake from 3G customs. Should of shipped out Friday and I can't wait to start working on it. Was also thinking about puttin some LEDs to really set it off at night. And was wondering if a catch can is a must or not? Or what's the benefits of putting one on?
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

PostSubject: Re: Dressing up the engine a little bit   Dressing up the engine a little bit I_icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2013, 5:07 pm

I have a big bully and love it.

The catch can will help with the oil not getting dumped back into your system. If you pull off your throttle body you will see oil build up and the catch can will help / eliminate that.

I got one from the BT holiday sale but haven't put it on yet.
Back to top Go down
jgraun
CAMM Member
jgraun

PostSubject: Re: Dressing up the engine a little bit   Dressing up the engine a little bit I_icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2013, 5:30 pm

nice and o ok gotcha cause i got to be careful in the money deparetment so if i REALLY dont need it at the moment then i will probably wait ..thanks man
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Dressing up the engine a little bit   Dressing up the engine a little bit I_icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2013, 5:47 pm

jgraun wrote:
nice and o ok gotcha cause i got to be careful in the money department so if i REALLY dont need it at the moment then i will probably wait ..thanks man

i went a long time without one, but i am happy that i have one now. it depends how much you care about it. obviously Chrysler found the amount of oil consumption in the pvc system to fall within specs. with that said, oil getting to the combustion chamber kills fuel octane ratings. so it can harm performance and create detonation/pinging besides just getting stuff like throttle body blades dirty and gummed up with oil. the computer will correct any detonation by pulling timing though. so ultimately the only thing you would probably feel as a byproduct of not having one is occasional slightly sluggish performance.
Back to top Go down
jgraun
CAMM Member
jgraun

PostSubject: Re: Dressing up the engine a little bit   Dressing up the engine a little bit I_icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2013, 8:07 pm

o ok nice yeah hearing that I might lookin into it a little a more thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dressing up the engine a little bit   Dressing up the engine a little bit I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dressing up the engine a little bit
Page 1 of 1