Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

installed my billet stuff

Go down 
+3
Hypnotiq
jontoad
funkpolice
7 posters
AuthorMessage
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

installed my billet stuff Empty
PostSubject: installed my billet stuff   installed my billet stuff I_icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2013, 11:10 am

I had intentions of doing my rear end swap. I got it up on jack stands, sprayed everything down, laid out all the tools I was going to need, but sat. found out the dealer ordered the wrong hubs, so no go on that project. As I was putting the wheels back on fed ex came with this stuff.

installed my billet stuff IMG_1529_zpsee3a9c7a

I cleaned it up the best I could, it's still really dirty.
installed my billet stuff IMG_1525_zps2d8e1f9e

installed my billet stuff IMG_1532_zps45aa8027

I want to do a fire wall cover for sure, and paint the coolant reservoir next. I'm anxious to see how Adam's hose sleeves turn out. Has anyone re routed the wires to the throttle body? They look bad. Is there a flow direction on the catch can? How about a fitting for the lower connection, I have a sharp bend in the hose, looks like maybe there should be an elbow there?

bill
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: installed my billet stuff   installed my billet stuff I_icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2013, 11:50 am

looks real good man.
Back to top Go down
Hypnotiq
CAMM All-Star
Hypnotiq

PostSubject: Re: installed my billet stuff   installed my billet stuff I_icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2013, 1:38 pm

Love billet stuff! Looks great.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: installed my billet stuff   installed my billet stuff I_icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2013, 1:42 pm

Congrats, looks great, I wondered the same thing about lower CC hose. Mine has been fine after 2 weeks.
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: installed my billet stuff   installed my billet stuff I_icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2013, 3:30 pm

Looks good man!!!

I'm gonna be tackling the hoses pretty soon this week, wife is outta town so I have some "me" time in the garage LoL

I was wondering about the tb wires too, I might mess with them and see what I can come up with. Also was wondering about the cc hose as well, was thinking of using part of the oem hose for the bend and then sleeving over it to hide the connection maybe, I MIGHT have to buy another braided sleeve kit, so I might have another upper radiator hose sleeve if ya want man....
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: installed my billet stuff   installed my billet stuff I_icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2013, 11:22 am

I played with the throttle body wires a little bit yesterday, with no luck. I pulled the wire loom apart all the way back to the firewall, but the wires aren't run cleanly so in order to separated the IAT and TB wires I'd need to cut them. I'm not sure that running them on the drivers side would make the end connection look any better anyways. So it was about 2 hours for nothing. I was able to "stretch" them out enough to hook it under a stud and make them look slightly better. I'm going to shave and body match the CAI, so maybe I can relocate the IAT to the bottom then. Anyone know if this would effect how it works?

installed my billet stuff IMG_1533_zps9e9b3eab

I also smoothed the fuse box cover. The first step in a red, backlit, SRT lid I'm going to experiment with.

bill
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: installed my billet stuff   installed my billet stuff I_icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2013, 11:25 am

I pulled the throttle body off to clean the back of the blade and it was spotless. I've seen some pics of cars without a catch can that were pretty gnarly. I did have a small pool of stuff in the back of the intake that I soaked up, and about a table spoon of shit in the catch can after only a week.

bill
Back to top Go down
TgTwist
CAMM Member
TgTwist

PostSubject: Re: installed my billet stuff   installed my billet stuff I_icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2013, 3:03 pm

looks sick man. wish i had the 6.1!
Back to top Go down
ekaz
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: installed my billet stuff   installed my billet stuff I_icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2013, 11:28 am

There's a guy on LXF (SRT-ED I think) that sold the PCV with a 90* fitting on it. Then you can run a straight hose off the catch can.
I've also used a small spring to keep the hose from collapsing in the bend.
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: installed my billet stuff   installed my billet stuff I_icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2013, 1:35 pm

I'll check into it, thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: installed my billet stuff   installed my billet stuff I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

installed my billet stuff
Page 1 of 1