Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Huge dilemma...

Go down 
+4
Shawn1112
stairman
chicagovich
TgTwist
8 posters
AuthorMessage
TgTwist
CAMM Member
TgTwist

Huge dilemma... Empty
PostSubject: Huge dilemma...   Huge dilemma... I_icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2012, 10:51 pm

I have 92k miles on my 3.5L v6 engine right now. I need a new upper intake plenum and a new short runner valve. The parts alone are gonna cost 850, including labor easily over a grand. I want to either put a V8 in my car or try to sell my car(with the engine problem) and pay the difference for an RT. Please need input on what to do. Anyone know someone selling a 5.7L hemi engine ?
Back to top Go down
TgTwist
CAMM Member
TgTwist

Huge dilemma... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huge dilemma...   Huge dilemma... I_icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2012, 10:52 pm

shit.. my dumbass posted this in the wrong section.
Back to top Go down
chicagovich
CAMM Pro
chicagovich

Huge dilemma... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huge dilemma...   Huge dilemma... I_icon_minitimeDecember 10th 2012, 8:54 am

I wouldn't even think about an engine swap. Too much time, money and trouble IMO. Take a look around at some dealers and find an R/T you like and can afford. Go in, see what they'd give you for your car and see what the numbers would be for the new ride. At the very least you'd know where your at.
Back to top Go down
stairman
CAMM Pro
stairman

Huge dilemma... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huge dilemma...   Huge dilemma... I_icon_minitimeDecember 10th 2012, 10:15 am

There is a 2011 Challenger R/T classic for at a chevy dealer by me.http://www.harvardgm.com/VehicleDetails/used-2011-Dodge-Challenger--Harvard-IL/1878708563
Back to top Go down
TgTwist
CAMM Member
TgTwist

Huge dilemma... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huge dilemma...   Huge dilemma... I_icon_minitimeDecember 10th 2012, 11:44 am

thanks but im not looking to spend 28 gs. Looking in the 14-15k range
Back to top Go down
TgTwist
CAMM Member
TgTwist

Huge dilemma... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huge dilemma...   Huge dilemma... I_icon_minitimeDecember 10th 2012, 11:46 am

and chicagovich should i trade in my car with the engine problem? its currently worth 9.5 in excellent condition, I dont want to get low balled. I'd strip it first if I traded it in
Back to top Go down
chicagovich
CAMM Pro
chicagovich

Huge dilemma... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huge dilemma...   Huge dilemma... I_icon_minitimeDecember 10th 2012, 1:26 pm

TgTwist wrote:
and chicagovich should i trade in my car with the engine problem? its currently worth 9.5 in excellent condition, I dont want to get low balled. I'd strip it first if I traded it in

It can't hurt to go in and talk. You're thinking it will cost $1000 to get it up to the $9500 it’s currently worth. If they offer you $8500 for the car then I think the decision is clear. If they offer you way under what you think its worth, you may want to repair it to get it up to the trade value you need. It all starts with a couple of trips to dealers to see where you're at.

As usual with dealers, it will all depend on how badly they want to get rid of the car they're selling.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Huge dilemma... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huge dilemma...   Huge dilemma... I_icon_minitimeDecember 10th 2012, 4:06 pm

You will get different offers from different dealers. Also like mentioned above it will all depend on how bad they want to get rid of the car your interested in. Dont let them run your credit at every dealer you go too, know your credit score going in and let them know what your score is. I was offered from $23k on the low end up to $29k on the high end for the 300. Same deal when we got rid of the wife's maxima for her Compass. Wasnt that big of a difference but did vary by $2k-$4k on the trade value.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Huge dilemma... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huge dilemma...   Huge dilemma... I_icon_minitimeDecember 10th 2012, 4:08 pm

TgTwist wrote:
I would but then again I'm an asshole. I will tell you this though, I'm all for screwing a dealer over, they try to screw everyone that walks in the door over. I would give them a taste of their own medicine.
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

Huge dilemma... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huge dilemma...   Huge dilemma... I_icon_minitimeDecember 10th 2012, 6:43 pm

That is alot man...... I'd say snag one off a low mileage car in a junk yard, they are VERY easy to replace, I can have one off and back on in like 30 minutes
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

Huge dilemma... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huge dilemma...   Huge dilemma... I_icon_minitimeDecember 10th 2012, 8:07 pm

Moparcharger06 wrote:
That is alot man...... I'd say snag one off a low mileage car in a junk yard, they are VERY easy to replace, I can have one off and back on in like 30 minutes

do this ^^^^^

plenty of wrecked 3.5's out there.
Back to top Go down
chicagovich
CAMM Pro
chicagovich

Huge dilemma... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huge dilemma...   Huge dilemma... I_icon_minitimeDecember 10th 2012, 8:26 pm

Moparcharger06 wrote:

Some good advice right there.
Back to top Go down
TgTwist
CAMM Member
TgTwist

Huge dilemma... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huge dilemma...   Huge dilemma... I_icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2012, 1:18 pm

yea thats a good idea. I'm going to look into it. thanks
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Huge dilemma... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huge dilemma...   Huge dilemma... I_icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2012, 6:39 pm

This thread must be jinxed. I read it and now my truck has a miss in it. I threw in a couple bottles of Techtron and it's gone away for now.
Back to top Go down
TgTwist
CAMM Member
TgTwist

Huge dilemma... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huge dilemma...   Huge dilemma... I_icon_minitimeDecember 19th 2012, 7:59 pm

ive decided to get her fixed
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Huge dilemma... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huge dilemma...   Huge dilemma... I_icon_minitimeDecember 19th 2012, 8:55 pm

and my truck is running like a champ again. Dirty clogged up fuel injectors. That Techtron is the shit.
Back to top Go down
TgTwist
CAMM Member
TgTwist

Huge dilemma... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huge dilemma...   Huge dilemma... I_icon_minitimeDecember 20th 2012, 11:31 am

Gonna get the computer flushed by dealer, if that doesn't fix the problem then I gotta get a whole new manifold:/ 700 just for the part ...
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

Huge dilemma... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huge dilemma...   Huge dilemma... I_icon_minitimeDecember 20th 2012, 6:42 pm

Wellllll, IF they total my car and I can take the manifold and throttle body, I will take it and letcha know man
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

Huge dilemma... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huge dilemma...   Huge dilemma... I_icon_minitimeDecember 20th 2012, 8:09 pm

Moparcharger06 wrote:
Wellllll, IF they total my car and I can take the manifold and throttle body, I will take it and letcha know man

They haven't told you yet?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Huge dilemma... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huge dilemma...   Huge dilemma... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Huge dilemma...
Page 1 of 1