Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need tires

Go down 
+2
firestartr420
KevinDSClark
6 posters
AuthorMessage
KevinDSClark
CAMM Pro
KevinDSClark

Need tires Empty
PostSubject: Need tires   Need tires I_icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2012, 12:10 pm

So driving to work yesterday I got a nail in my back right tire. I was hoping to have the orriginal set of tires last a little longer but with the nail in the tire I and the fact that there is not a ton of tread left on them anyway I think I will just have to bite the bullet and get a new set now. So anyone know a good place to get a new set and any opinions on the best all season tires??? I was thinking either nitto's or toyo's.
Back to top Go down
KevinDSClark
CAMM Pro
KevinDSClark

Need tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need tires   Need tires I_icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2012, 9:25 pm

Anyone ever used
http://www.tiresdirect.net/Default.aspx
I was looking around and they are based out of Addison.

2 X TOYO Proxes 4 Plus 245/45R20 103Y XL 357.96
2 X TOYO Proxes 4 Plus 275/40R20 106Y XL 329.96

687.92 total for all 4 and if you have them mount them they charge $21.50 + $3.50 Disposal Fee (Per Tire)

Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

Need tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need tires   Need tires I_icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2012, 11:41 pm

jontoad...
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Need tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need tires   Need tires I_icon_minitimeOctober 29th 2012, 7:02 am

Yep, pm Jontoad
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

Need tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need tires   Need tires I_icon_minitimeOctober 29th 2012, 4:55 pm

Proxes 4 are discontinued, I just found mine on Ebay, they are good, BUT in the long run, you might not be able to get them from what I hear.

Otherwise they are good tires, I've had them on my car for a while man
Back to top Go down
KevinDSClark
CAMM Pro
KevinDSClark

Need tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need tires   Need tires I_icon_minitimeOctober 29th 2012, 5:46 pm

You are correct the old proxie 4 is discountinued but these are the new proxie 4 plus
Back to top Go down
KevinDSClark
CAMM Pro
KevinDSClark

Need tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need tires   Need tires I_icon_minitimeOctober 29th 2012, 7:09 pm

http://toyotires.com/tire/pattern/proxes-4-plus-ultra-high-performance-all-season-tires
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

Need tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need tires   Need tires I_icon_minitimeOctober 29th 2012, 10:20 pm

I wanted to match my rears, cause those were still good. So I was looking for the old style.
Back to top Go down
ChicagoSRT8
CAMM Member
ChicagoSRT8

Need tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need tires   Need tires I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2012, 11:39 pm

All season... try the Continental extreme contact DWS.
That's what I got in my wife's car . I have dedicated snow n summer tires.
They're $284 for 275/40/20
Back to top Go down
KevinDSClark
CAMM Pro
KevinDSClark

Need tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need tires   Need tires I_icon_minitimeNovember 2nd 2012, 8:40 am

So I called my local Discount Tire and they ordered the tires for me and beat the price I had on them. And on top of that they patched my old one for free and the new tires are already in. I will be stopping by asap to get the new tires put on but in the mean time I am trying to make sure there is no extra rubber left on the old ones Smile . Only had 4/32 of tread left on the rears anyway.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Need tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need tires   Need tires I_icon_minitimeNovember 2nd 2012, 8:53 am

KevinDSClark wrote:
So I called my local Discount Tire and they ordered the tires for me and beat the price I had on them. And on top of that they patched my old one for free and the new tires are already in. I will be stopping by asap to get the new tires put on but in the mean time I am trying to make sure there is no extra rubber left on the old ones Smile . Only had 4/32 of tread left on the rears anyway.
Perfect time for a burn out video.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Need tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need tires   Need tires I_icon_minitimeNovember 2nd 2012, 8:55 am

I know a tire shop in Elgin that will probably give you $10 each for your front tires. Better than paying Discount Tire to get rid of them.
Back to top Go down
KevinDSClark
CAMM Pro
KevinDSClark

Need tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need tires   Need tires I_icon_minitimeNovember 2nd 2012, 9:10 am

Shawn1112 wrote:
I know a tire shop in Elgin that will probably give you $10 each for your front tires. Better than paying Discount Tire to get rid of them.

I appreciate that but as it turns out I am going to keep the front tires on the car for a while longer since they are only about 20% worn at this point, still have 8-9/32 on the front tires. I don't know how that happens??? It is almost like someone power-slides the car every day.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Need tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need tires   Need tires I_icon_minitimeNovember 2nd 2012, 10:39 am

KevinDSClark wrote:
Shawn1112 wrote:

I appreciate that but as it turns out I am going to keep the front tires on the car for a while longer since they are only about 20% worn at this point, still have 8-9/32 on the front tires. I don't know how that happens??? It is almost like someone power-slides the car every day.
Geez wonder who does that kind of shit???? scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

Need tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need tires   Need tires I_icon_minitimeNovember 2nd 2012, 11:04 am

Sorry I didn't get back to you right away. Glad you got the tires from one of our stores. I was trying to find if I could get a better price on them. Obviously we price match just like anyone does. Toyo tires are one of the few brands discount tire is not a vendor for, so we have to get them from a secondary vendor. Since that other price you got was from a wholesaler of toyo tires that gets them directly, price matching would have been the best I could have done on those anyways.

Let me know how you like the 4+'s. I have the regular 4's in a 275/40/20 on my Dakota and the are ok, but I wouldn't buy them again.
Back to top Go down
KevinDSClark
CAMM Pro
KevinDSClark

Need tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need tires   Need tires I_icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2012, 3:27 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
Geez wonder who does that kind of shit???? scratch scratch

All I can say is I know it is not me you have all seen me drive and when I do I always make sure and obey all traffic laws and posted speed limits.

Back to top Go down
KevinDSClark
CAMM Pro
KevinDSClark

Need tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need tires   Need tires I_icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2012, 3:28 pm

jontoad wrote:
Sorry I didn't get back to you right away. Glad you got the tires from one of our stores. I was trying to find if I could get a better price on them. Obviously we price match just like anyone does. Toyo tires are one of the few brands discount tire is not a vendor for, so we have to get them from a secondary vendor. Since that other price you got was from a wholesaler of toyo tires that gets them directly, price matching would have been the best I could have done on those anyways.

Let me know how you like the 4+'s. I have the regular 4's in a 275/40/20 on my Dakota and the are ok, but I wouldn't buy them again.

Thanks I will let you know how they work out, all in all I am glad I went with Discount Tire so if I need service or anything they are all over the place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Need tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need tires   Need tires I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need tires
Page 1 of 1