Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Line Lock Kits

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
KTCHUP
CAMM Member
KTCHUP

Line Lock Kits Empty
PostSubject: Line Lock Kits   Line Lock Kits I_icon_minitimeSeptember 17th 2012, 9:22 am

After a day at Byron I am totally considering a line lock kit. There are a few out there but Moroso seems like it requires the least mods to the actual braking system. Anyone have experience with it? Any have experience with a different kit?
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Line Lock Kits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Line Lock Kits   Line Lock Kits I_icon_minitimeSeptember 17th 2012, 3:06 pm

Had one for a few years. I use the SLP Linelock kit. Comes with everything you need for the install.
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

Line Lock Kits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Line Lock Kits   Line Lock Kits I_icon_minitimeSeptember 17th 2012, 9:46 pm

There's the Tranzformer that actually just requires electrical tie ins in the car and will modulate the ABS pump for the front wheels for line lock. Haven't had any expierence with it but maybe an option instead of dealing with getting into the brake lines.
Back to top Go down
KTCHUP
CAMM Member
KTCHUP

Line Lock Kits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Line Lock Kits   Line Lock Kits I_icon_minitimeSeptember 17th 2012, 10:18 pm

I think that's how the Moroso kit is. It states requires no mids to brake lines. That is probably the one I am gonna go with. Although its twice the money as the SLP.
Back to top Go down
KTCHUP
CAMM Member
KTCHUP

Line Lock Kits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Line Lock Kits   Line Lock Kits I_icon_minitimeSeptember 17th 2012, 10:19 pm

*mods
Back to top Go down
KTCHUP
CAMM Member
KTCHUP

Line Lock Kits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Line Lock Kits   Line Lock Kits I_icon_minitimeSeptember 18th 2012, 8:00 am

The SLP kit is on national back order. So my options were the Hurst or the Moroso, I went Moroso since it seems more of a solid kit and doesn't requires cutting break lines or anything intricate to the brake system.
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

Line Lock Kits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Line Lock Kits   Line Lock Kits I_icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2012, 6:06 am

do you have a standard trans, or an automatic? I have the tranzformer and the "line lock" feature is works well. you can't really throttle against it, if thats what you are trying to do. The difference in shift firmness, especially kick down shifts is where the unit really shines.

bill
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

Line Lock Kits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Line Lock Kits   Line Lock Kits I_icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2012, 6:08 am

I forgot to add, the line lock feature is operated with the steering wheel buttons which is kind of cool. You can use the steering wheel buttons to shift too, kind of like a ghetto paddle shifter system, but I don't use that.
bill
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

Line Lock Kits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Line Lock Kits   Line Lock Kits I_icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2012, 6:09 am

sorry, no edit . It's not the steering wheel buttons for the line lock, it's the cruise control stalk.
bill
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Line Lock Kits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Line Lock Kits   Line Lock Kits I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Line Lock Kits
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Wheels and Suspension-
Jump to: