Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What do you think? How hard would this be to do?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Hypnotiq
CAMM All-Star
Hypnotiq

What do you think? How hard would this be to do?  Empty
PostSubject: What do you think? How hard would this be to do?    What do you think? How hard would this be to do?  I_icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2012, 7:43 pm

Like they are doing in this video here. But Id like to wrap just a certain part of my wheel in Vinyl that matches the color of my car.

Heres the video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aV2H57bES4

These parts I have circled in red are what id like to "wrap"

What do you think? How hard would this be to do?  Devinodv762chrome475ll

So what do you think? I wish they came off but they don't. Looks like just getting the vinyl to match and laying it out and with a steady hand cutting it out right?
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: What do you think? How hard would this be to do?    What do you think? How hard would this be to do?  I_icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2012, 8:05 pm

I can tell you from watching and "helping" Adam vinyl can be a pita. Doesnt look like there is a way to tuck it. What about powdercoating the areas?
Back to top Go down
Hypnotiq
CAMM All-Star
Hypnotiq

PostSubject: Re: What do you think? How hard would this be to do?    What do you think? How hard would this be to do?  I_icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2012, 8:15 pm

Thats what I was looking at. There would be corners that would peel back id think. Yeah I guess painting it would be the only other option.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: What do you think? How hard would this be to do?    What do you think? How hard would this be to do?  I_icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2012, 8:18 pm

My first set of vinyl made it almost three years and it was exposed to all the elements. I have some left over from my project and all my black samples. If you wanted to use any of that to try it out lemme know.
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: What do you think? How hard would this be to do?    What do you think? How hard would this be to do?  I_icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2012, 11:43 pm

It could probably be done, a steady hand and ALOT of time, and ALOT of aggravation LoL
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: What do you think? How hard would this be to do?    What do you think? How hard would this be to do?  I_icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2012, 7:21 pm

just put a piece of paper on it. rub a pencil or crayon on it to get the shape. cut out the template. then trace the shapes on to the vinyls backing and cut the pieces out and stick em on. no big deal.
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

PostSubject: Re: What do you think? How hard would this be to do?    What do you think? How hard would this be to do?  I_icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2012, 10:10 am

Have you thought about plasti dipping

Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: What do you think? How hard would this be to do?    What do you think? How hard would this be to do?  I_icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2012, 12:58 pm

jamesv82 wrote:

i don't think plasti dip has a dark blue glossy option.
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

PostSubject: Re: What do you think? How hard would this be to do?    What do you think? How hard would this be to do?  I_icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2012, 1:59 pm

jontoad wrote:
jamesv82 wrote:

i don't think plasti dip has a dark blue glossy option.

Well I guess I should've read the entire post.

I did just look and how are that "make your own color" plasti dip?

I also seen they have a spray to make the plasti dip glossy and a gold and silver metalizer that goes over the plasti dip.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think? How hard would this be to do?    What do you think? How hard would this be to do?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you think? How hard would this be to do?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Wheels and Suspension-
Jump to: