Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

American Racing Headers?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
KTCHUP
CAMM Member
KTCHUP

American Racing Headers? Empty
PostSubject: American Racing Headers?   American Racing Headers? I_icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2012, 10:09 pm

I here Kooks is the best but does anyone know anything about American Racing headers or Stainless Works? I have been told they are all very very similiar
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: American Racing Headers?   American Racing Headers? I_icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2012, 6:40 am

I assume your going long tube headers, because if I'm not mistaken shorties would be a waste of money on the srt8. Never heard of American Racing or the other one. I have heard good thing about Kooks, I had BBK shorties on the Charger and loved them. Make sure whatever you get, you get a protective coating on them. Mine were ceramic coated.
Back to top Go down
KTCHUP
CAMM Member
KTCHUP

PostSubject: Re: American Racing Headers?   American Racing Headers? I_icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2012, 8:28 am

Also I am finding that Kooks makes an exhaust system to match their headers. Does anyone know about this system? I'm almost thinking about selling my Corsa and doing Kooks from the headers all the way back. It's a true 3" system the whole way.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: American Racing Headers?   American Racing Headers? I_icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2012, 8:44 am

I have a set of Kooks, but ARH are said to be the best or very good also. I like the way the mids bolt up to the collectors on the Kooks. I don't have any midpipes on my set up, but the Kooks turn downs that I use instead have the same positive system.
Back to top Go down
osoish08
CAMM Member
osoish08

PostSubject: Re: American Racing Headers?   American Racing Headers? I_icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2012, 10:49 am

Only thing I know about the ARH is that they are a pain the ass to put in on the Jeeps. Have to lift the motor up, move a bunch of other shit out of the way, and they have to be fitted/ put in at turned angels and well they are a pain. Is this the same for others?IDK I just seen the work done on the Jeep, could be diffident on others IDK. Other than that, SW and Kooks are good. SW are less then the Kooks. As far as witch one give you more HP, IDK looks like they all do the same. As far as installation They are better the the ARH IMO.......
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: American Racing Headers?   American Racing Headers? I_icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2012, 11:19 am

American racing is a good brand. Im not sure how low they hand though but I hear with kooks, you might have some scraping on the pavement if your car is lowered and have kooks headers. I can be wrong though, it wouldnt be the first time, lol.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: American Racing Headers?   American Racing Headers? I_icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2012, 2:14 pm

liljoejoe54 wrote:
American racing is a good brand. Im not sure how low they hand though but I hear with kooks, you might have some scraping on the pavement if your car is lowered and have kooks headers. I can be wrong though, it wouldnt be the first time, lol.

That would be true on any lowered car with any brand of bazookas underneath, lol.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: American Racing Headers?   American Racing Headers? I_icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2012, 2:35 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
liljoejoe54 wrote:

That would be true on any lowered car with any brand of bazookas underneath, lol.

Oh, I just thought the kooks hung lower than other long tubes for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Racing Headers?   American Racing Headers? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

American Racing Headers?
Page 1 of 1