Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

To Custom Tune Or Not To Custom Tune

Go down 
+5
stairman
eviltrycycle
Shawn1112
osoish08
KTCHUP
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
KTCHUP
CAMM Member
KTCHUP

To Custom Tune Or Not To Custom Tune Empty
PostSubject: To Custom Tune Or Not To Custom Tune   To Custom Tune Or Not To Custom Tune I_icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2012, 12:31 pm

Is it worth the time and money to go see Tim at Mr.Norms for a 2010 SRT with a CAI, Corsa Exhaust, 180 Degree Thermostat, and Predator for a custom tune? I have some gutted mid pipes lined up too for install locally. Opinions please
Back to top Go down
osoish08
CAMM Member
osoish08

PostSubject: Re: To Custom Tune Or Not To Custom Tune   To Custom Tune Or Not To Custom Tune I_icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2012, 12:35 pm

100% worth the money. I haven’t had any experience with Mr. Norms but, the tuner I do have and they way my jeep runs now, it’s worth the money. Even if you feel like you don’t have a lot of aftermarket parts, it still wakes up the beast nicely. I guessing this will be on a dyno?
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: To Custom Tune Or Not To Custom Tune   To Custom Tune Or Not To Custom Tune I_icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2012, 12:36 pm

I think so and I think Vic (Headtrip) will also agree. He had pretty much the same mods as you on a 5.7 and he had it tuned by Tim and it was pretty impressive what he was able to pull torque wise and rwhp wise. Plus if you ever decide to get in to the engine mod wise (heads and cam) you will know exactly where you car was before those mods. Hopefully Vic chimes in with his #'s.
Back to top Go down
KTCHUP
CAMM Member
KTCHUP

PostSubject: Re: To Custom Tune Or Not To Custom Tune   To Custom Tune Or Not To Custom Tune I_icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2012, 12:38 pm

I have it tuned with a Predator already but it is just a preloaded tune from them.
Back to top Go down
osoish08
CAMM Member
osoish08

PostSubject: Re: To Custom Tune Or Not To Custom Tune   To Custom Tune Or Not To Custom Tune I_icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2012, 12:56 pm

You mean a preloaded from the Predator correct? If so, it’s still worth the money to get a custom tune from a tuner. Also, like Shawn said, if you ever do bigger HP mods, you know what you’re gaining from them. But that’s only if you go back to the same place that did the tune.
Another option is going with an email tune. You can do that by contacting Diablo (ppl that make the predator) and they have tuners as well. It’s more of a process since you have a predator. You need a laptop to be able to data log with the predator. If you had the trinity you could do it just with that.
Back to top Go down
KTCHUP
CAMM Member
KTCHUP

PostSubject: Re: To Custom Tune Or Not To Custom Tune   To Custom Tune Or Not To Custom Tune I_icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2012, 1:01 pm

Yes, preloaded from Predator. If I were to go see Tim all that I would need is my Predator and my car, correct? Nothing else to buy?
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: To Custom Tune Or Not To Custom Tune   To Custom Tune Or Not To Custom Tune I_icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2012, 1:03 pm

I am going to pay Tim a visit over the winter. He is totally worth it.
Back to top Go down
osoish08
CAMM Member
osoish08

PostSubject: Re: To Custom Tune Or Not To Custom Tune   To Custom Tune Or Not To Custom Tune I_icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2012, 1:08 pm

KTCHUP wrote:
Yes, preloaded from Predator. If I were to go see Tim all that I would need is my Predator and my car, correct? Nothing else to buy?

You will need cash but other than that, that's about it man.
Back to top Go down
osoish08
CAMM Member
osoish08

PostSubject: Re: To Custom Tune Or Not To Custom Tune   To Custom Tune Or Not To Custom Tune I_icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2012, 1:09 pm

eviltrycycle wrote:
I am going to pay Tim a visit over the winter. He is totally worth it.

Other then visual mods you have anything done to your ride?
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: To Custom Tune Or Not To Custom Tune   To Custom Tune Or Not To Custom Tune I_icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2012, 1:12 pm

That is coming during the winter. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
osoish08
CAMM Member
osoish08

PostSubject: Re: To Custom Tune Or Not To Custom Tune   To Custom Tune Or Not To Custom Tune I_icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2012, 1:17 pm

Well you picked the right time unlike someone else that did work over the summer....lol I had no time to enjoy the jeep over the summer. I guess I can do more work to it in the winter time as well.

I’m guess you’re keeping the build a secret as well and will just post picks of boxes??? You had me on that one. I was think you had a procharger in one of those boxes lol.....
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: To Custom Tune Or Not To Custom Tune   To Custom Tune Or Not To Custom Tune I_icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2012, 1:22 pm

Nah I havent made up my mind yet. Mine will only happen if I pick up a beater, this is my daily driver. I am sure if it happens I will be able to keep it quiet for a day. I am much better at keeping other peoples mods quiet vs my own.
Back to top Go down
osoish08
CAMM Member
osoish08

PostSubject: Re: To Custom Tune Or Not To Custom Tune   To Custom Tune Or Not To Custom Tune I_icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2012, 1:37 pm

Hahaha sounds good.... A beater would be nice, looking for one myself.
Back to top Go down
KTCHUP
CAMM Member
KTCHUP

PostSubject: Re: To Custom Tune Or Not To Custom Tune   To Custom Tune Or Not To Custom Tune I_icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2012, 3:23 pm

OSOISH8 I'm in Elmwood Park we should cruise together
Back to top Go down
stairman
CAMM Pro
stairman

PostSubject: Re: To Custom Tune Or Not To Custom Tune   To Custom Tune Or Not To Custom Tune I_icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2012, 7:15 pm

KTCHUP wrote:
Is it worth the time and money to go see Tim at Mr.Norms for a 2010 SRT with a CAI, Corsa Exhaust, 180 Degree Thermostat, and Predator for a custom tune? I have some gutted mid pipes lined up too for install locally. Opinions please

Yes.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: To Custom Tune Or Not To Custom Tune   To Custom Tune Or Not To Custom Tune I_icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2012, 8:20 pm

Get a CAI and a 180 thermo before you go.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: To Custom Tune Or Not To Custom Tune   To Custom Tune Or Not To Custom Tune I_icon_minitimeAugust 15th 2012, 10:21 am

Illinois Chaos wrote:
Get a CAI and a 180 thermo before you go.
He already has that??????
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: To Custom Tune Or Not To Custom Tune   To Custom Tune Or Not To Custom Tune I_icon_minitimeAugust 15th 2012, 12:42 pm

Oh yeah your right. Didn't see that.
Back to top Go down
KTCHUP
CAMM Member
KTCHUP

PostSubject: Re: To Custom Tune Or Not To Custom Tune   To Custom Tune Or Not To Custom Tune I_icon_minitimeAugust 15th 2012, 2:02 pm

Appointment set for a custom tune by Tim on the 23rd. I will keep you posted as to results. There are a few other mods that are being lined up so this will only be the beginning of custom tunes and dyno runs.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: To Custom Tune Or Not To Custom Tune   To Custom Tune Or Not To Custom Tune I_icon_minitimeAugust 15th 2012, 2:22 pm

After your initial tune which includes a base pull, any future tunes are only half of the original.
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: To Custom Tune Or Not To Custom Tune   To Custom Tune Or Not To Custom Tune I_icon_minitimeAugust 15th 2012, 2:25 pm

Tom
Illinois Chaos wrote:
Oh yeah your right. Didn't see that.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: To Custom Tune Or Not To Custom Tune   To Custom Tune Or Not To Custom Tune I_icon_minitimeAugust 15th 2012, 2:53 pm

Ha!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: To Custom Tune Or Not To Custom Tune   To Custom Tune Or Not To Custom Tune I_icon_minitimeAugust 15th 2012, 5:50 pm

Lol, havent seen that for a while.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: To Custom Tune Or Not To Custom Tune   To Custom Tune Or Not To Custom Tune I_icon_minitimeAugust 15th 2012, 8:22 pm

dork Finger
Back to top Go down
KTCHUP
CAMM Member
KTCHUP

PostSubject: Re: To Custom Tune Or Not To Custom Tune   To Custom Tune Or Not To Custom Tune I_icon_minitimeAugust 25th 2012, 12:28 pm

Okay, so I went and saw Tim at Mr.Norms. He pulled 36 horsepower in the mid range and about 20 more peak horse. It pulls like a whole new machine all the way through the range now. It's awesome, I thought I was cruising and looked down and all 36 of those new ponies were there and had me "cruising" at 110 really very effortlessly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To Custom Tune Or Not To Custom Tune   To Custom Tune Or Not To Custom Tune I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To Custom Tune Or Not To Custom Tune
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next