Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Racing at GLD

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Racing at GLD Empty
PostSubject: Racing at GLD   Racing at GLD I_icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2012, 11:45 am

So I get there at 8:15 and pull up to the booth. She asks what are you here for and I tell her for Russ' Index Race. She says that was cancelled and Russ is no longer here. I say it was advertised on the GLD website and it's still there as of this AM. She goes oh well nobody took it off. So I tell her then I will enter the money special if you have that race still available. (It has a $400.00 winner payout)

I get all set and they finally open for time runs at 11:00 and I make my first hit. 11.279. I have only 14 bags of ice and no idea of how many rounds I have to go when the race starts, so I wait and wait, and wait. They run the quick 16 and the BOPC bracket races and the trophy races first. Well now they finally get around to the lane calls for the money special. I jump in line and the car wrangler asks me what's your dial? I tell him I'll let you know after qual. He says we don't have enough time for qual. today. I'm like what??? you had time to take my fucking 80 bucks. Who runs a bracket race and for money I might add without at least ONE qual. round?

So now all I have to go by is my first hit. Several hours later I should be going a little slower due to the increase in temp etc. I dial 2 hundreths slower and in the race I go 5 hundreths faster turning an 11.25 on a 11.30 dial. I beat the guy I was racing, but I didn't see my win light come on at the end of the track. I'm thinking wtf? I can remember seeing my r/t on the board as I was going down the track and it was not a red light. Then it hit me that I must have broke out and was done for the day.

I'm not being a poor sport and I said nothing to anyone about how bad that whole thing just stunk to high heaven, but I think that was highway robbery. I don't always win and I do ok sometimes, but yesterday I had a better than average chance to grab the cash if they ran a fair race.

GLD sucks Donkey Balls!

Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Racing at GLD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing at GLD   Racing at GLD I_icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2012, 11:49 am

Racing at GLD Scan10

My times kept improving as the day went on. Very unusual. I would have known this if there were 2 rounds of qual. like there is in every other race in the universe.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Racing at GLD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing at GLD   Racing at GLD I_icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2012, 12:26 pm

I noticed that my last pass was still on the boards as I was leaving.
Racing at GLD IMG_0324
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

Racing at GLD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing at GLD   Racing at GLD I_icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2012, 12:34 pm

That blows Tom. I kinda dont want to go there for the Mopar show this week now.
Back to top Go down
canuhemi
CAMM Member
canuhemi

Racing at GLD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing at GLD   Racing at GLD I_icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2012, 12:44 pm

this happened today? WTF... that sucks monkeyballs.. damn Bro
Back to top Go down
RomeoWright
CAMM Member
RomeoWright

Racing at GLD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing at GLD   Racing at GLD I_icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2012, 3:35 pm

They been getting worse n worse as time goes on.....
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Racing at GLD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing at GLD   Racing at GLD I_icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2012, 4:23 pm

My first trip there this year and my last. I was on my way home and I stopped at the Shell station in Paddock Lake. As I'm cranking my rig around the pumps I hear a guy yell Hey You. I look over and it's Russ the tech guy from GLD. I get out and shoot the breeze for a while with him. He tells me he was just there to pick up his last pay check and that he was fired. Fucking unbelievable! Russ was always a good guy, but he wouldn't tolerate safety violations if they were a dangerous type thing. He was also intollerant of the little punks that gave him shit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Racing at GLD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing at GLD   Racing at GLD I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Racing at GLD
Page 1 of 1