Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deleting My Mufflers

Go down 
+2
jontoad
Rubo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Rubo
CAMM Member
Rubo

Deleting My Mufflers Empty
PostSubject: Deleting My Mufflers   Deleting My Mufflers I_icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2012, 9:20 pm

I'm thinking about Deleting my muffler's off my 06 Charger R/T and replacing it with Stock Diameter stainless steel pipes . Before I do I would like to get some Feed back if anyone has done this, how much louder it got, if you feel any difference in performance and over all satisfaction?
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Deleting My Mufflers   Deleting My Mufflers I_icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2012, 9:22 pm

you might want to look into the blastin bob's kit. kinda similar and some of our members have gone that route. replaces your resonators, not your mufflers.
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: Deleting My Mufflers   Deleting My Mufflers I_icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2012, 9:31 pm

Yeah, I'd say bob's would be the way to go, they come with tips and all the hardware too.I've had mine for years, and they are still in GREAT shape, VERY good quality in my opinion
Back to top Go down
Rubo
CAMM Member
Rubo

PostSubject: Re: Deleting My Mufflers   Deleting My Mufflers I_icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2012, 9:50 pm

Are the resonators those Big ass Briefcase looking things behind the back bumper. But would my way be necessarily a bad way to go?
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Deleting My Mufflers   Deleting My Mufflers I_icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2012, 10:02 pm

rrocha wrote:
Are the resonators those Big ass Briefcase looking things behind the back bumper. But would my way be necessarily a bad way to go?

yea that's them. either way is fine. i have heard the reso's blow out over time if you just take the mufflers out though. it is nice to take the resonators off though since they are so ugly and you can see them from behind the car.

the blastin bob's kit comes with nice tips and everything you need. just get a sawzall and you can do it in your driveway.
Back to top Go down
Rubo
CAMM Member
Rubo

PostSubject: Re: Deleting My Mufflers   Deleting My Mufflers I_icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2012, 10:42 pm

Sorry should of been more specific. Would it be a bad way just replacing the resonators with the stainless steel pipes. not getting the blastin bobs's kit
Back to top Go down
WICKEDSRT8
CAMM Member
WICKEDSRT8

PostSubject: Re: Deleting My Mufflers   Deleting My Mufflers I_icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2012, 11:53 pm

You will have terrible drone, especially when the MDS kicks in. You need some small mufflers or glass packs on the back to reduce the drone. Your way will be loud, but raspy and cheap sounding. The Blastin Bob's system is real nice, I have it on my car. Whatever you do, don't replace the suitcase muffler with straight pipes because you will lose HP and TQ.
Back to top Go down
Rubo
CAMM Member
Rubo

PostSubject: Re: Deleting My Mufflers   Deleting My Mufflers I_icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2012, 12:10 am

Thanx that's what i needed to know.
Back to top Go down
Kalec
CAMM Member
Kalec

PostSubject: Re: Deleting My Mufflers   Deleting My Mufflers I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2013, 12:28 pm

You will need a little bit of back pressure, but if you still have catalytic converters, that should probably suffice. That said, deleting the mufflers on that car is going to make your neighbors want you dead. Which I assume is evidence of it being a great idea, because that's how you know your car is truly awesome. Then again, you would probably be better off, performance-wise, to use a muffler with a higher flow over the stock one, even though you would still be using a muffler. At the very least, it will help keep your valves from warping.
Back to top Go down
TechnoJunky
CAMM Rookie
TechnoJunky

PostSubject: Re: Deleting My Mufflers   Deleting My Mufflers I_icon_minitimeMay 28th 2015, 5:23 pm

You can remove the mufflers and keep the resos. If you want to see what it's like, check out the vids on youtube. Just search on Charger muffler delete. At idle, not much different, but WOT sounds great. Since you're keeping the resos, no drone. I've heard of people replacing the resos with glass packs but I've heard it doesn't remove the drone much. Whatever you decide to do, make sure you keep the old parts in case you change your mind.
Back to top Go down
TechnoJunky
CAMM Rookie
TechnoJunky

PostSubject: Re: Deleting My Mufflers   Deleting My Mufflers I_icon_minitimeMay 28th 2015, 5:26 pm

BTW, I've heard about the resos getting blown out, but only from people who say they heard about it. I've never heard anyone say "my" resos got blown out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deleting My Mufflers   Deleting My Mufflers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deleting My Mufflers
Page 1 of 1